Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:24 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times

Advertisements

She "fled" Germany to join ISIS.

This is the moment a German schoolgirl was found hiding in war-torn Mosul having fled from Germany to join ISIS.

She flew to Istanbul, was smuggled into Iraq, marred a Chechen fighter who was killed and ended up in Mosul where an estimated 25,000 Isis volunteers died in the battle to retake the city.

One German magazine, citing Iraqi security sources, said she and the four German women she was found with in the rubble of Mosul last month worked with the ISIS 'morals police' responsible for women adhering to strict dress codes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 02:44 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
She was brainwashed alright...

...by liberal westerners.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:48 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why millennials get such a bad rep....

German girl faces execution for joining ISIS in Mosul | Daily Mail Online

So just so we are clear, because a German girl joined ISIS, millenials deserve a bad rap?

Really?

I suppose it would be equally reasonable to make sweeping generalizations of the boomer generation based on how Trump acts?

Old 08-11-2017, 03:04 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
So just so we are clear, because a German girl joined ISIS, millenials deserve a bad rap?

Really?

I suppose it would be equally reasonable to make sweeping generalizations of the boomer generation based on how Trump acts?
Not to mention a 16 year old is not even a millennial if you go by the popular definition. She's whatever generation is after millennials.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:11 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
She was brainwashed alright...

...by liberal westerners.
I didn't know Moroccans were liberal Westerners. You've got a funny definition of "liberal Westerners".

Old 08-11-2017, 03:15 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
She "fled" Germany to join ISIS.

This is the moment a German schoolgirl was found hiding in war-torn Mosul having fled from Germany to join ISIS.

She flew to Istanbul, was smuggled into Iraq, marred a Chechen fighter who was killed and ended up in Mosul where an estimated 25,000 Isis volunteers died in the battle to retake the city.

One German magazine, citing Iraqi security sources, said she and the four German women she was found with in the rubble of Mosul last month worked with the ISIS 'morals police' responsible for women adhering to strict dress codes.

"Married" a Chechen fighter? At 15? Yeah, sure. That's not what the articles were saying after German authorities located her a year ago. Did you really think she voluntarily gave her hand in marriage, wore a white dress in a romantic ceremony, and chose to start a family?

What's wrong with people?! Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:36 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
As if she knew that's what would happen.
<snp>
This is not a laughing matter, nor worthy of sarcasm. These were kids who were naive, and screwed up majorly, buying into a calculated online propaganda campaign. This is why people say teens need a lot of guidance and supervision; because their brains aren't mature yet.
No, it's not a laughing matter and R4T is right...teenagers do not yet have ALL the necessary tools to make the best decisions. As a matter of fact, I know full grown 'adults' who are incapable of the maturity needed to make some decisions.

While adults can use rational processes when facing emotional decisions, teenagers are simply not yet equipped to think through things in the same way.

https://brainconnection.brainhq.com/...for-teenagers/

QUOTE=Gerania;49144116] No, she doesn't. She's a late bloomer. She would have figured it out by the time she was 25. Now she's getting the crash course.

You send them to school, help with homework, drive them to practice for whatever, provide a wholesome dinner, visit museums, read to them when they're little, camp and teach them how to survive in the wilderness, take them on nice vacations. They still do stupid ****.

You did what? So that's why the county Sheriff's Department called me. Great. Thanks.

Sometimes you can't fix stupid. Sometimes people become older and wiser. [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Only if they survive their stupidity.
Yes, agree wholeheartedly 100%. We always think that we will be right on top of our children and believe we will be able to circumvent anything and everything bad from happening because our parents...didn't know any better! Yeah right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yes one idiot millennial and we can all jump on ALL millennials as a bunch and pretend they are all the same and all idiots. Don't old people realize how dumb they sound went lumping a group like millennials together as they are all the same? Oh and I am a gen x'er and am getting tired of how people are treating young folks. Many millennials are doing great things believe it or not. Like it or not they are our future. My generation raised them, but it is challenging due to social media. That is a big problem for the most part.
Yeah, and don't forget the other stupid generations...as if each generation doesn't/didn't have their very own pluses and minuses.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:39 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Not to mention a 16 year old is not even a millennial if you go by the popular definition. She's whatever generation is after millennials.
Generation Y/Millennium
Born between 1981* and 2000*

Generation Z/Boomlets
Born after 2001*

The Six Living Generations In America

Old 08-11-2017, 03:40 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why millennials get such a bad rep....

German girl faces execution for joining ISIS in Mosul | Daily Mail Online
She's starting to look like Brooke Shields...one eye-brow....only not as pretty or rich.....what DO liberals do when they meet a real SOB? It's almost incredible to believe liberals are this f'in stupid....well, when Akmed is done riding her like Seabiscuit, maybe she will finally realize that there really, really are bad people who don't like you no matter how liberal and guilt-ridden you are.

Now, if they do execute her, how will they do it?

Old 08-11-2017, 03:41 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
No, it's not a laughing matter and R4T is right...teenagers do not yet have ALL the necessary tools to make the best decisions. As a matter of fact, I know full grown 'adults' who are incapable of the maturity needed to make some decisions.

While adults can use rational processes when facing emotional decisions, teenagers are simply not yet equipped to think through things in the same way.

https://brainconnection.brainhq.com/...for-teenagers/

QUOTE=Gerania;49144116] No, she doesn't. She's a late bloomer. She would have figured it out by the time she was 25. Now she's getting the crash course.

You send them to school, help with homework, drive them to practice for whatever, provide a wholesome dinner, visit museums, read to them when they're little, camp and teach them how to survive in the wilderness, take them on nice vacations. They still do stupid ****.

You did what? So that's why the county Sheriff's Department called me. Great. Thanks.

Sometimes you can't fix stupid. Sometimes people become older and wiser.

Yes, agree wholeheartedly 100%. We always think that we will be right on top of our children and believe we will be able to circumvent anything and everything bad from happening because our parents...didn't know any better! Yeah right!

Yeah, and don't forget the other stupid generations...as if each generation doesn't/didn't have their very own pluses and minuses.[/quote]

No doubt but, I don't recall any running to Iran during the revolution pledging their allegiance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events