Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 03:59 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Not the Moroccans; the Germans who taught her that Islam is a peaceful religion.
100% correct. I have hosted 3 German exchange students over the past 5 years. The liberal indoctrination these kids have from home is mind boggling. Its far worse than the liberal indoctrination you find at Cal Berkeley, etc.

These kids think Islam = peace, and the west and capitalism is the real root of the worlds problems. I can easily debate them, but I did not want politics to taint their experience here. Interestingly, they ALL desperately wanted to come to the USA for the exchange program. When I asked why they didn't consider going to Iran, Afghanistan, or Yemen, they just didn't have any answers, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 06:38 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times
It's amazing how fast going on an adventure turns into enduring an ordeal !
It looks so different when you're at home watching television !
Reality is sobering.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:09 AM

1,586 posts, read 2,148,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
100% correct. I have hosted 3 German exchange students over the past 5 years. The liberal indoctrination these kids have from home is mind boggling. Its far worse than the liberal indoctrination you find at Cal Berkeley, etc.

These kids think Islam = peace, and the west and capitalism is the real root of the worlds problems.
That's strange, considering that for the past 12 years, Germany has had a very popular center-right government that strongly promotes and practices capitalist principles.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:46 AM
KCZ

4,674 posts, read 3,667,429 times
Tell me again why she shouldn't be prosecuted in Iraq for any terrorist crimes she committed there? Should the US not have prosecuted the teen-aged Boston Marathon bomber and returned him to his loving Chechen family instead?

Last edited by KCZ; 08-12-2017 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Tell me again why she shouldn't be prosecuted in Iraq for any terrorist crimes she committed there? Should the US not have prosecuted the teen-aged Boston Marathon bomber and returned him to his loving Chechen family instead?
From the USA perspective, this child should be treated the same as Patty Hearst - although Hearst was nineteen years old when she became a terrorist.

"Surveillance video released from the robbery showed images of Hearst wielding a semi-automatic rifle.

“The impact of the photographs of Patty Hearst with the machine gun were in some ways even bigger than the kidnapping itself because it established, or so it appeared, that Patty Hearst had gone over to the other side," Toobin said."

https://www.today.com/news/how-publi...d-bank-t109921

This German child is in a different situation because she was psychologically manipulated, rather than physically kidnapped, when she joined ISIS, but, after she joined, she was traumatized to participate in their terrorist acts ... just like Patty Hearst.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:44 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
The Boston Marathon bomber wasn't a captive, being held against his will, and forced to act. He came of his own free will, and acted independently. Furthermore, he hadn't been tortured with repeated rape, completely breaking down his psychological structure, In addition, he was older: 24, not 15/16, and more stable.

If you can't see the difference in the two situations, you're not trying. You've willfully thrown away your thinking cap.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-12-2017 at 12:56 PM..

Old 08-12-2017, 01:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Sixteen year old girls are incredibly stupid and naive and gullible . She probably had some preexisting mental issues plus a poor home life. Not to make excuses but just saying. She sounds like she was totally brainwashed. She needs serious deprogramming and lots of jail time. Execution sounds too harsh for what is basically a child.
I heard her domestic issues were mainly centered around her parents divorce. If she is to be punished then they should be too. I raised 2 daughters and what they need above all is stability in their lives at that time along with a firm hand. They can be impossible to deal with but if they know they're loved it's a lot easier. This kid had none of that?

We may never know but just send her home and make sure the parents are punished for failing her.

Old 08-12-2017, 01:54 PM

783 posts, read 576,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She's not a liberal, she's a child!

Well, most liberals act like...

You know what, I'm just gonna let that one go.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:18 PM

983 posts, read 738,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The Boston Marathon bomber wasn't a captive, being held against his will, and forced to act. He came of his own free will, and acted independently. Furthermore, he hadn't been tortured with repeated rape, completely breaking down his psychological structure, In addition, he was older: 24, not 15/16, and more stable.

If you can't see the difference in the two situations, you're not trying. You've willfully thrown away your thinking cap.
Uhh...You do realize she went to fight ISIS of her own free will, right? It's not as if ISIS kidnapped her from her home and smuggled her to Iraq. As such, no sympathy from me.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:53 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Uhh...You do realize she went to fight ISIS of her own free will, right? It's not as if ISIS kidnapped her from her home and smuggled her to Iraq. As such, no sympathy from me.
Regardless of how ISIS took control of her, whether through manipulation by local Muslims, or physically grabbing her from the street, it happened. She was coached to steal her mother's passport, use her mother's credit card to purchase a plane ticket, and she was provided all the information she needed to leave her house and go to ISIS territory. That is not something this child cooked up by herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events