Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 08:48 AM

810 posts, read 669,604 times

Advertisements

I can't for the life of me understand why millennials get such a bad rep....

German girl faces execution for joining ISIS in Mosul | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 09:05 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,582,315 times
I guess she missed the day in class when they taught that actions have consequences. I don't think she is going to enjoy the consequences of her actions.

It really is sad though to see such a young person led so far astray to where she will most likely be executed now.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:08 AM

810 posts, read 669,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I guess she missed the day in class when they taught that actions have consequences. I don't think she is going to enjoy the consequences of her actions.

It really is sad though to see such a young person led so far astray to where she will most likely be executed now.
poor decision making. crying for the cameras because she's been caught. Germany is in talks to bring her home but there has to be accountability IMO.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:45 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,135,502 times
OMG! who does her brows?

Old 08-08-2017, 11:10 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,747,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post

German girl faces execution for joining ISIS in Mosul | Daily Mail Online

Becoming a brood mare for savages is not a good life choice.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:10 AM

2,610 posts, read 2,204,805 times
Sixteen year old girls are incredibly stupid and naive and gullible . She probably had some preexisting mental issues plus a poor home life. Not to make excuses but just saying. She sounds like she was totally brainwashed. She needs serious deprogramming and lots of jail time. Execution sounds too harsh for what is basically a child.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:05 PM

285 posts, read 225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Sixteen year old girls are incredibly stupid and naive and gullible . She probably had some preexisting mental issues plus a poor home life. Not to make excuses but just saying. She sounds like she was totally brainwashed. She needs serious deprogramming and lots of jail time. Execution sounds too harsh for what is basically a child.
I knew right from wrong when I was 16. Deciding to become a terrorist for ISIS is like deciding to become a mass murderer. She deserves whatever she gets.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:08 PM

20,803 posts, read 8,640,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sol View Post
I knew right from wrong when I was 16. Deciding to become a terrorist for ISIS is like deciding to become a mass murderer. She deserves whatever she gets.
Look at what happened to the Manson family. Same idea.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:18 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Becoming a brood mare for savages is not a good life choice.
As if she knew that's what would happen.

I remember these cases, that came up in the German and international media a year or two ago. The girls got filled full of crazy ideas by websites operated by ISIS, and of course, the web hosts took advantage of their naivete. The sites probably were not obvious, as being run by ISIS. Probably told them they'd be living a spiritual life, blah blah. Girls (and boys) in the early teen years can go through a phase of spiritual searching and experimenting. So several girls ran away, and after that, German authorities kept a lookout for other young people buying plane or train tickets for Turkey, and stopped a few. Later, there were reports that the girls had been forced to "marry" ISIS soldiers, much to their own horror.

This is not a laughing matter, nor worthy of sarcasm. These were kids who were naive, and screwed up majorly, buying into a calculated online propaganda campaign. This is why people say teens need a lot of guidance and supervision; because their brains aren't mature yet.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:00 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,415,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
Between the avocado toast and joining terrorist organizations, I am really starting to wonder where we went wrong raising these kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events