Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 05:28 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
So....basically what butlers and servants have done for rich people (old-style rich people) for centuries. But spelled out more than usual.
I don't think butlers clip toenails and such! People who can afford butlers have other staff to do other things. They want way too much, including body-guarding, for one person at only $25/hour. They apparently also serve as business assistant. They want 4 people at least in one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 05:32 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
To each's own. Sounds like an assistant to a celebrity. No way would I do all that for 25 bucks an hour. 525 an hour to start with. I can see this couple be the world's biggest pain in the @ss.
Yes, it makes me think of that show 'Fat Actress'. The one young lady did quite a bit of what is listed here. But she wasn't trained in self-defense, lol. For some reason that one thing really cracked me up. Body-guards are not cheap! Anyway, she seemed to be paid a lot more for less duty than this ad.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,253,950 times
It's getting even more interesting the reporters at Sfgate contacted the couple and actually got a response;
"The job ad is honest and transparent and on top of the cash compensation the person who fills the role will gain some amazing work and life experience," the couple told SFGATE over email. "Those who are offended by an offer for willful, voluntary employment ought to check their own entitlement." (it goes on to say that they have lowered the wage to $15-$30 an hour because of 'demand') it's a good read: Purported authors of viral SF Craigslist ad say critics need to

And the Ars Technica business editor submitted an application and a video, here is his story on twitter: https://twitter.com/cfarivar/status/895726999683047424

Old 08-11-2017, 06:59 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
I have got to admit that the couple is being very upfront.

If someone wants to take their job then that's a private transaction agreed upon by two willing parties.

While it may not be MY cup of tea as the brits might say.....I wonder how many posters here are condemning this while looking down their nose at others for not being open to a host of other free and open choices.

Especially in San Fran, imagine just lighting up some guy on craigslist advertising for a submissive gay partner he can tie up? (IF you've never read the personal ads in a large city...you're missing out on a lot of alternative lifestyle).

You do that and they'd crucify you as religious, judgemental and so forth.

As such, I'm a little disappointed at the class-driven hypocrisy going on in this thread where someones right to private actions is *asterisked* as protected depending on race, gender, income or other factors.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,814 times
Perhaps I should apply. I am sure that with a bit of creative thought, I could come up with a list of demands as extensive and detailed as theirs for my compensation.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:46 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,354 times
Take a serious pay cut to become a personal sycophant? I'll pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events