Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:31 AM

18,607 posts, read 18,895,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloric View Post
so is water.

I mean, it's vague of course depending what you mean by very toxic. More people may have died drinking otherwise safe water than drinking from drinking roundup.
what??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 02:32 AM

18,607 posts, read 18,895,058 times
Well it seems we should be thinking more about what we digest... if this is all true.

Which foods are most likely to be contaminated by glyphosate? - Alliance for Natural Health International

Old 08-11-2017, 02:40 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,135,919 times
Maybe in some states you could get it with killer weed instead.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:32 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,058,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...phosate-2017-7

[b]Ben and Jerry's faces boycott threats after a new study uncovers a major ingredient in weedkillers in ice cream/B]

RETAIL
Ben and Jerry's faces boycott threats after a new study uncovers a major ingredient in weedkillers in ice cream
Kate Taylor Jul 25, 2017, 2:02 PM ET
Ben & Jerry's
Facebook/Ben & Jerry's
There may be an ingredient found in weedkillers in your ice cream.
Ben & Jerry's - a brand famous for its quality and eco-friendly practices - is under fire after a test uncovered a controversial ingredient in its ice cream.

The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) found glyphosate, the main ingredient in weedkillers like Roundup, in 10 out of 11 samples of the company's ice cream flavors, the New York Times reported on Tuesday.

While the levels of glyphosate were well below the legal limit set by the Environmental Protection Agency, the Organic Consumers Association argues that any presence of the pesticide product is misleading and potentially dangerous.
Soem breakfast cereals also have that: Cheerios has the highest amount.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:52 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,209,098 times
well they look like hippies...at least their fake pictures on the containers do anyways!

Old 08-11-2017, 06:33 AM

7,101 posts, read 6,025,762 times
I'm sure if you tested any product that an animal is used to help produce, you're going to find ingredients of things like pesticides in it. Sounds like another worthless "testing" company with an agenda...

Old 08-11-2017, 06:45 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,540,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
I would eat it. I hate weeds in my ice cream.
Tumors in your body? Like that better?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:02 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,540,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
There's been a marked increase I colorectal cancers in people under 50 in recent times. Increases in other cancers, and autism also. This hit close to home for me personally. Chemicals, artificial junk, pesticides no doubt are responsible. Add environmental problems, conflicts among countries and diseases that resist antibiotics. The world slips away slowly. Not a bang, but a whimper.

I hold faith Breyers, the best ice cream out there is still pure.....
I agree, it all adds up.
You just don't eat a pint of ice cream here and there with it, you eat other things with it.
Not to mention pesticides in So many other products such as air freshner.

I don't know why people joke about it and make sarcastic remarks.
Will they be joking on the way to chemotherapy and radiation?

You said it hits close to home for you. I am hoping all is well.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:03 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,938,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I hold faith Breyers, the best ice cream out there is still pure.....
Breyers hasn't been "the best" in years. It ruined its ice cream and its brand when they started adding tara gum. It's no longer even allowed to call itself ice cream anymore. I noticed the difference in two bites of their coffee ice cream in 2009.

Remembering When Ice Cream Was, You Know, Ice Cream - The New York Times

Old 08-11-2017, 07:04 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,817,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Your point is???? Would you go buy some and eat it it knowing this???
No, I wouldn't eat it, but more because it's overpriced and overrated than because of the minuscule amounts of weed killer in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Breyers hasn't been "the best" in years. It ruined its ice cream and its brand when they started adding tara gum. It's no longer even allowed to call itself ice cream anymore. I noticed the difference in two bites of their coffee ice cream in 2009.

Remembering When Ice Cream Was, You Know, Ice Cream - The New York Times
This. I used to love their chocolate chip ice cream, but then they started with the "frozen dairy dessert" and it's been downhill since. Even the ones still labeled ice cream don't taste quite the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events