Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:08 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,536,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
Soem breakfast cereals also have that: Cheerios has the highest amount.
Thank you for sharing that. Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:15 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,520,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
Soem breakfast cereals also have that: Cheerios has the highest amount.
Do you have links to substantiate that? On their boxes they say "Non GMO."
No offense but I want proof before I give up my Cheerios.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:22 AM

1,316 posts, read 752,490 times
Those of you really upset over this do realize that B&J don't ADD this to their ice creams, right? It's residual from components IN the ice creams...or whatever foods we're eating.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:26 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,882,200 times
Actually....I like the idea.If you have tapeworms the insecticide would kill them

Old 08-11-2017, 07:40 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,601,589 times
In other news, water has H2 and O.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:26 AM

26,665 posts, read 28,815,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Those of you really upset over this do realize that B&J don't ADD this to their ice creams, right? It's residual from components IN the ice creams...or whatever foods we're eating.
No one adds it, lol. It's from a pesticide that is on some of the ingredients. It's one of Monsanto's weed killers so it would probably have been sprayed onto the wheat or grass and that way it contaminates the ingredients (somehow.)

It was banned in Europe as are many of the additives that Americans eat. Lately it's been approved again in Europe as a weed killer. Probably no one knows for sure if it causes cancer and it's still controversial,still being studied.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ys-eu-watchdog

But it's not completely safe used as a weed killer:

A classification that glyphosate causes serious eye damage and is toxic to aquatic life will remain in place.

Obviously, eating a tiny bit of weed killer a few times won't hurt you, but the concern is with someone eating it all their life and eating it in other foods like bread all their life. They are still not sure whether or not it causes cancer--previous studies said it did, the latest study says it doesn't, what will the next study say.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,257,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Do you have links to substantiate that? On their boxes they say "Non GMO."
No offense but I want proof before I give up my Cheerios.
Quote:
Topping the list is Cheerios, with glyphosate levels reaching over 1100 parts per billion, according to the report. A General Mills spokesman does not dispute the figures but notes that the amount of glyphosate apparently found in Cheerios is still well below the levels that the Environmental Protection Agency has deemed safe to consume.
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...rt-111716.html

Old 08-11-2017, 09:31 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,984,876 times
[quote=in_newengland;49151785]No one adds it, lol. It's from a pesticide that is on some of the ingredients. It's one of Monsanto's weed killers so it would probably have been sprayed onto the wheat or grass and that way it contaminates the ingredients (somehow.)

It was banned in Europe as are many of the additives that Americans eat. Lately it's been approved again in Europe as a weed killer. Probably no one knows for sure if it causes cancer and it's still controversial,still being studied.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ys-eu-watchdog

But it's not completely safe used as a weed killer:

A classification that glyphosate causes serious eye damage and is toxic to aquatic life will remain in place.

Obviously, eating a tiny bit of weed killer a few times won't hurt you, but the concern is with someone eating it all their life and eating it in other foods like bread all their life. They are still not sure whether or not it causes cancer--previous studies said it did, the latest study says it doesn't, what will the next study say.[/QUOTE]

Depends on who finances it, wouldn't you guess?

Old 08-11-2017, 09:37 AM

18,554 posts, read 18,847,362 times
Some more to read.. https://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-w...y-carcinogenic

Old 08-11-2017, 09:41 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,045,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Your point is???? Would you go buy some and eat it it knowing this????

Of course. And if you wouldn't, well, that just leaves more for me.

(I don't eat Ben & Jerry's; there's a much better brand made locally to my area.)

God Bless the silly snowflakes. They honestly don't seem to know why we laugh at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events