Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 08:12 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I am not a fan of anyone that cheats on his wife and spits in golf holes. Glad he isn't going to play golf anymore, but I don't wish him ill will. He seems to create all the crap on his own though. I am so glad we have some really classy guys coming up like Jordan Speith and others. Great times in golf right now and Tiger is toast.
Spitting in the cup was Sergio Garcia not Tiger. Now Tiger has spit on greens just like any number of other golfers. As to the Tox report, it shows that Tiger, like millions of other people, has a prescription drug problem. Who gets the blame? Him, the Dr's that give that out like candy, or big Pharm that is essentially drug dealers on the corner. There's no doubt Tiger's been through heaps of pain from all break downs in his body but at some the opioid is going to take over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 10:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Woods has made poor decisions in recent years. Becoming dependent on drugs and substances to create health issues requires intervention. His professional golf career is over because he does not want to play and win, and he is involved in being a dependent on drugs and substances.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:57 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
I first saw Tiger on Johnny Carson hit a ball real hard at two years old. By five he was playing close to par on 18 hole courses. He probably should only have played a few years after college and hung it up. He and dad could have found something else to do together. He will probably always be on something. When he won the Master's at 21 he had 19 years of golfing under his belt.

I think after he got to the point that he knew he could win whenever he wanted to he became obsessed with winning big. You get hooked on the "wows!" at five years old and at 25 there aren't as many unless you push yourself to do more than just win a tournament .

Old 08-19-2017, 02:19 PM

1,803 posts, read 1,239,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisertime View Post
He almost certainly used some form of PED and whatever else his masters got him into. He was the best player ever (at least on course to be) with a normal body and he would have continued to be so had he just left well enough alone.

BIG$ had a hand in this. So much $$ at stake. Nike, Amex, PGA tour, foundations, TV/Cable and countless others. They couldn't dare let word get out if he was using PED's, because it would have taken money out of everyone's pockets, including the players he was beating on a weekly basis (who are now living like Jet setters in their early 20's) and discredit the sport and his records. He's Lance Armstrong redux, only bigger and more lucrative. Too big to fail. Just like everything else in America. Winner takes all and then we love to beat them down and see them fall. The false American Idol. I love sports, but we put athletes on too high a pedestal (and I was one). I'd take Tiger over all those prima donna crybaby's in the NBA though making $35M a year. NFL not far behind. Rich Man Childs.

Our economy isn't much different. You can make a direct comparison to Healthcare, housing market, banks, government, military, TV news. The empire is crumbling from within.

He literally tore his body apart doing training that is not part of golf. His muscles were pulling his tendons from the bone and crushing is own spine. He didn't need to mess with the magic recipe that won him all those majors (including 3 major swing changes in his prime). Maybe the nerd in him wanted a Navy Seal body and make up for all the ***** he didn't get as a teen, maybe he was driven by the PEDs/Testosterone. Not many of us could resist the temptations he probably had thrown upon him. I saw a photo of him this am. Still, skinny lower body and huge chest/shoulders. Doesn't really even look like a golfer. You can be sure Nike/Amex and anyone else benefiting was willing to invest millions in any "science" or psychology that could keep him on top. In the end it imploded.

FWIW, I'm neutral on Tiger. I respect his abilities and I enjoyed watching him, but I watched golf before he was around and I didn't care for the effect of making the game more popular, more expensive, more crowded, more glamorous, more obnoxious. I liked it when golf was something other people didn't get and you could play a round in under 4 hours without idiots drinking, smoking cigars and acting like rednecks on the course. He wasn't my favorite player and I didn't like when TV coverage was all about Tiger, even if he had no chance of winning, rather than showing the players who were in contention. Heck, even when he didn't play they talked about him endlessly. It's all a big show and we're all paying for it. Sometimes I rooted for him, sometimes against him, but I was more interested in the game than the person.

It certainly is bizarre to see how it all unfolded. For anyone who actually read this far, there is also a plausibility of MKultra mind control link with his father being his handler. Could explain a lot with the timing of it all and his almost "inhuman" abilities to concentrate, block things out, and be so robotic with the press all the time. He was groomed from a young age, so it could be all natural, but his meltdown is hard to fathom. No doubt he used every possible edge he could find to succeed (including moving boulders as "loose impediments")
Oh yeah, Tiger used every avenue available to him to win, and he was afforded many. Probably because he lined everyone's pockets. All you needed to know about his willingness to cheat was revealed with that aforementioned boulder.

And did you know that Ped testing on the PGA tour was very coincidentally implemented the week after Tiger won the 2008 US Open? If you recall, Tiger limped around the course and then, again, I'm sure just coincidentally, was done for the season. Plenty of time to flush the drugs out of his system before ever getting tested. And oh, again coincidentally, he's never won another major.

I have zero pity for him, though I admit I miss rooting against him.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:34 PM

3,524 posts, read 3,728,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
After he gets himself together, his agents will find another high paying slot for him. His golf days are probably behind him but not his name. Shame his agents didn't care more about his well being and get to him. Money..
He's grown.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:59 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabound1 View Post

I have zero pity for him, though I admit I miss rooting against him.
I know the feeling. In his younger days I watched golf to root for him.
Since his fall from grace over his infidelities and the image-making machine around him I have instead rooted for him to lose.
It's a win-win situation!

Old 08-23-2017, 12:08 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Spitting in the cup was Sergio Garcia not Tiger. Now Tiger has spit on greens just like any number of other golfers. As to the Tox report, it shows that Tiger, like millions of other people, has a prescription drug problem. Who gets the blame? Him, the Dr's that give that out like candy, or big Pharm that is essentially drug dealers on the corner. There's no doubt Tiger's been through heaps of pain from all break downs in his body but at some the opioid is going to take over.
Whatever, he had to apologies, so it wasn't like any number of golfers. Also, he cheated on his wife. You can defend him all you like, but he is no one to look up to. Glad we got some clean cut guys like Jordon and so-on coming up. They seem to be a better cut of people and hopefully when they get married and have kids, they will be true to their wives, unlike Woods.

Lets face it, he really wasn't a class act.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:14 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Lets face it, he really wasn't a class act.
He's also a mental train wreck. I wonder if his Father, starting him so young with an obsession with golf helped make him like he is today. Why does he need all the drugs to cope? He's got everything he could want materially, but maybe not spiritually, nor emotionally. Who knows? It's a shame because he has good future on the Senior tour.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:45 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He's also a mental train wreck. I wonder if his Father, starting him so young with an obsession with golf helped make him like he is today. Why does he need all the drugs to cope? He's got everything he could want materially, but maybe not spiritually, nor emotionally. Who knows? It's a shame because he has good future on the Senior tour.
Hey, he touts his Buddhism when he needs to give a really heartfelt apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events