Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 03:01 PM

783 posts, read 576,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Why wouldn't you feel sorry for this grieving mother? Do you think SHE caused her daughter to get onto drugs? Give your head a shake. Read the article.
Not my problem.

Quote:
I have friends who just lost their 25 year old son to phentanol in the fall and another couple of friends who have a daughter hooked on hard drugs. You couldn't find more caring, loving parents in the world.
Don't care.

Quote:
The friends who lost their son didn't even have a clue he was on drugs until just before his death when he was caught shoplifting (to sell the merchandise for drug money). When they found out, they spent $30,000 dollars to get him into rehab in a renowned addiction clinic in Toronto. He didn't last the full span of treatment and they didn't get a refund.
Not my problem.

Quote:
The father literally SOBS, EVERY single day and the mother is attending grief counseling once a week. The will never be the same, happy go-lucky couple we once knew. Their joy of life was taken from them the day their son overdosed and died.
Don't care.

Quote:
Addicts hide their addiction VERY WELL in case you aren't aware.
Don't care.

Quote:
DO NOT BLAME THE PARENTS if they are good and decent people. Even lawyers, doctors, ministers, etc get hooked on drugs, so DON'T point fingers at anyone BUT the addict.
Not my problem.

You seem to be under the false impression that any of these addicts' decisions require me to shed a tear for them. They don't. Their decisions are just that, THEIR DECISIONS. They have nothing to do with me. So if they go on TV and want to sell their sob story, I'll change the channel. EVERYONE has their own problems. Some people have problems that they could not have prevented, and some people, like theses druggies, choose to hoist problems upon themselves.

I always like to say: play stupid games, get stupid prizes. But don't expect me to feel any sympathy for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM

783 posts, read 576,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
These forums also are a slice of our society. These folks who lack empathy are not that far removed from the a-hole who drove his Charger through that crowd of people. Not that far at all...
That is literally the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:49 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
By asking a homeless person if they would like something to eat, I am enabling them to live another day. Unlike you (most likely), I have worked with the homeless. Rule number 1, never give money. You might as well hand them drugs and/or alcohol.

Offering them a bite to eat does not further any addiction or mental illness as your response inferred. It actually reduces crime.
I don't work with them, but I encounter too many of them in my city. I'm well aware of the behavior (junkies and mental cases) ... Why should I put money out my pocket when they can just go to the mission?

Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
She was a ticking time bomb with five other overdoses. I have a hard time feeling sympathy for people like this.
Same here. People who don't care for themselves deserve what they get. Sorry for the kid, maybe he should be taken away from the family too. There's something deeply wrong in this equation.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:15 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Do you know where your kids are?

This is disturbing so be warned.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f63_1502898808

We have to make up our minds about this. I say dealers should be killed.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:51 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,750,733 times
My friend died of a heroin overdose about 20 years ago. He had not used it for 15 years and seem to be doing good. One night he was with his friends and got the heroin. Whether it was bad or he used too much, he was in the living room clutching his chest, like a heart attack. The friends panicked. Instead of calling 911, they put him in his car (I guess they had drugs in the house) They left him in the car and he died. Had they called 911, maybe they could have saved him. I used to think Heroin was a 70's thing but now it has gone full blown.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:41 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Not my problem.

Don't care.

Not my problem.

Don't care.

Don't care.

Not my problem.

You seem to be under the false impression that any of these addicts' decisions require me to shed a tear for them. They don't. Their decisions are just that, THEIR DECISIONS. They have nothing to do with me. So if they go on TV and want to sell their sob story, I'll change the channel. EVERYONE has their own problems. Some people have problems that they could not have prevented, and some people, like theses druggies, choose to hoist problems upon themselves.

I always like to say: play stupid games, get stupid prizes. But don't expect me to feel any sympathy for you.
And yet your posting here.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:43 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
These forums are an interesting example how people lack empathy.
These forums are an example of how humans are really dumber than animals. Not just the subjects of this story but the people posting here on this thread.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:00 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Exactly how many more people do we need to hear from, little old ladies, cancer patients, who said it gives relief? You may believe the antiquated views but don't expect the rest of us to.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:25 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Not my problem.

Don't care.

Not my problem.

Don't care.

Don't care.

Not my problem.

Trust me, nobody expects any sympathy from you. As you have stated over and over, you don't care and it is not your problem. We get it. Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events