Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:30 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
If you are dying and there is no cure for your disease
Then you get morphine and sleep til you die.

We are talking about people who are not dying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 07:35 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Then you get morphine and sleep til you die.

We are talking about people who are not dying.
Why did I not think of that? I should have just taken him out back and placed one shot behind the ear.

Again, threads evolve.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:32 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
What do you say to the person who has a debilitating disease with major pain? Are they responsible for getting addicted to pain pills?
Yes. They know the risks associated with those types of prescriptions (and if they don't- they should). My wife has had chronic a severe pain from arthritis, sciatica, and a curved spine for many years. She's tried everything, with little success in alleviating the pain. She rarely takes a pain pill, and even then- only a mild one. Addiction ruins lives, and all addicts can justify their using in some way or another. It's terrible that some people have chronic and severe pain, but there are other people a lot worse off in other ways (N Koreans, slaves, innocents in prison, etc).

Old 08-18-2017, 08:52 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Pot also has a lot of medical uses, there's a reason it is becoming legal in many states for this reason. Cancer patients among others are getting big relief from using it. I'm not a user myself but I understand the benefits while totally understanding how it is more often misused.

Please do not lump it in with LSD, heroin etc because it's not even close to the same thing.
LSD doesn't cause brain damage. Lots of people swear by it. I think most pot smokers just like the high and that goes for LSD users. It's a tangled web.

Too late to turn back, though. I just came from Denver and it's so huge out there. I will say they are making a TON of infrastructure improvements and unemployment is pretty much non-existent. I don't like that it's legal there and not most other states. (recreationally)

There's no reason for the existence of fentanyl. NONE. And if it's used medicinally it requires a team of 4 to administer it. Not one guy at the Neverland Ranch. Not a supply given to Prince for when he wants to use it. It should never be sent home for use outside of a medical facility.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:05 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
It really surprises me how many women get involved in this kind of stuff. One usually thinks this is a male thing and women are more mature so not as likely to get involved.

The article said she started taking opiates when she was dealing with an abusive boyfriend. I'll go back and read the article again, but I don't think the article said what opiates she was on.

It may very well have been a prescription for pain relief. Now...I might be wrong about that, but it could've started innocently enough.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
These forums are an interesting example how people lack empathy.
Yes. And they enjoy bragging about their lack of empathy endlessly. I don't get it, but oh well.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:15 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes. And they enjoy bragging about their lack of empathy endlessly. I don't get it, but oh well.
Because we're tired of endlessly being told to feel sorry for the addicts.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Because we're tired of endlessly being told to feel sorry for the addicts.
No, you're not "tired" of it. At all. You're seeking it out on purpose. You're spending your free time SEEKING out conversations about addiction, and posting hurtful and rude things to people who are struggling in life.

If you were "tired" of it, you wouldn't seek it out just to make statements that hurt other people.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:44 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, you're not "tired" of it. At all. You're seeking it out on purpose. You're spending your free time SEEKING out conversations about addiction, and posting hurtful and rude things to people who are struggling in life.

If you were "tired" of it, you wouldn't seek it out just to make statements that hurt other people.
No, we're tired of hearing about and seeing these sorry individuals and told they have a 'disease.'
My local paper runs stories about it on a regular basis and there's plenty of commercials and billboards all over the place insinuating that it's "not their fault."
And, trust me, they're hurting themselves, it's not the comments.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
No, we're tired of hearing about and seeing these sorry individuals and told they have a 'disease.'
My local paper runs stories about it on a regular basis and there's plenty of commercials and billboards all over the place insinuating that it's "not their fault."
And, trust me, they're hurting themselves, it's not the comments.
Be careful who you hate. It might be someone you love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events