Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:28 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Mom shares picture of Elaina Towery just before she died | Daily Mail Online

Very sad and tragic. What I don't get is why dealers put such lethal stuff in their product. Don't they want to make money? Seems like killing your customers would be the last thing you want.
Darwin Award candidate for someone. Hate to be flip but it's the brutal truth. Stupidity knows no bounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 06:50 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Am I supposed to feel sorry for her and her daughter? Noppity nope nope. You make your bed, you lie in it.
I feel terrible for that woman. She lost her daughter. My sister's son died when he was 16. Huffing. She didn't make that bed; he did.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:46 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Exactly how many more people do we need to hear from, little old ladies, cancer patients, who said it gives relief? You may believe the antiquated views but don't expect the rest of us to.
Didn't work for me.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:17 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
Not my problem.

Don't care.

Not my problem.

Don't care.

Don't care.

Not my problem.

You seem to be under the false impression that any of these addicts' decisions require me to shed a tear for them. They don't. Their decisions are just that, THEIR DECISIONS. They have nothing to do with me. So if they go on TV and want to sell their sob story, I'll change the channel. EVERYONE has their own problems. Some people have problems that they could not have prevented, and some people, like theses druggies, choose to hoist problems upon themselves.

I always like to say: play stupid games, get stupid prizes. But don't expect me to feel any sympathy for you.
WHERE did you read that I said I feel sorry for the addict? I said I felt sorry for HER MOTHER! The families are the ones who have to live on with broken hearts.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:23 AM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times
All I can say is that I understand that the mother hopes this photo convinces other addicts to get help, and maybe it will. But I hope m9m donated her daughters organs, too. THAT would surely save some lives (unless daughter got HIV from the needles or her prostitution.)

Old 08-17-2017, 12:06 PM

783 posts, read 576,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And yet your posting here.
Well, it is a current events article. It's not only for people who are looking to shed tears for this woman and her daughter, right? I came to give my opinion just like everyone else. And my opinion is just as valid as yours, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Trust me, nobody expects any sympathy from you. As you have stated over and over, you don't care and it is not your problem. We get it. Move on.
No, I don't have to 'move on'. I can give my opinion just like you can. And I can do it as many times as I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I feel terrible for that woman. She lost her daughter. My sister's son died when he was 16. Huffing. She didn't make that bed; he did.
It's good that you feel terrible for her. But not everyone is like you or feels the same way you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
WHERE did you read that I said I feel sorry for the addict? I said I felt sorry for HER MOTHER! The families are the ones who have to live on with broken hearts.
So what? Plenty of families have to live with broken hearts. Plenty of people have to as well. They're not the only people to have to deal with the stupidity of someone else's actions.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:44 PM

774 posts, read 744,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It's certainly tragic for her loved ones, but I'm sorry to say it: would we even be discussing this if she hadn't been a 22 year old white female?

Hmm. My thought there is that if anyone has an issue with someone addressing the heroin crisis that is sweeping this country especially when it's from personal experience because no non-white victims are mentioned or focused on well that's their racist problem.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:06 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
well, it is a current events article. It's not only for people who are looking to shed tears for this woman and her daughter, right? I came to give my opinion just like everyone else. And my opinion is just as valid as yours, correct?

No, i don't have to 'move on'. I can give my opinion just like you can. And i can do it as many times as i like.

It's good that you feel terrible for her. But not everyone is like you or feels the same way you do.

So what? Plenty of families have to live with broken hearts. Plenty of people have to as well. They're not the only people to have to deal with the stupidity of someone else's actions.
+1.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:08 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Well, it is a current events article. It's not only for people who are looking to shed tears for this woman and her daughter, right? I came to give my opinion just like everyone else. And my opinion is just as valid as yours, correct?

No, I don't have to 'move on'. I can give my opinion just like you can. And I can do it as many times as I like.

Opinions are like....... You have one too. . My mother used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, sit next to>insert name here< I am guessing anonimuso would fit perfectly.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:15 PM

774 posts, read 744,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
I see you're somewhat new to C-D. Welcome.

I 100% agree, even if some here will cry out "racism" and "race baiting". People refuse to see the truth of the matter. I grew up in Roxbury, a nearly all black community of Boston during the 90's and saw my fair share of people actively overdosing who were not sent to the hospital but carted off to jail. A childhood friend of mine, his older brother nearly died from an OD while in jail after being picked up for a crack OD.

I'm personally relieved that times have changed and addicts are now getting medical help instead of jail sentences, regardless of their race, and I'm empathetic to those currently struggling, especially those who made the transition to heroin after taking pain meds for valid reasons. However, there's no getting over the bitterness that black bodies were put in jail cells for the same reasons, were called criminals and every other bad name in the book for being addicted to drugs. That's a fact. The "War on Drugs" heavily criminalized black drug use in a way not currently being seen with this epidemic. It's not racist or race baiting to point out these facts.
I remember Roxbury in the 90s..if anyone white drove into that hood there is a good chance they wouldn't drive out in one piece. If I remember correctly..and I do....it had the highest murder per capita in the US for several years. Nice place. But that's not here nor there.....despite what you think, not only black people go to jail for drugs whether they are dealing or using. They weren't the only ones back then and they aren't the only ones right now. Drug addiction treatment isn't a new thing that's been introduced for white folk and their little heroin problem. I come from the whitest white neighborhood you might ever come across and the county jail is full of dealers and addicts. The city hospital has an entire jail section in the ER with beds that have handcuffs attached right to them since everyone who ODs gets arrested and sent over to jail when they are sobered up. So, your bitterness is based racist propaganda. I remember clearly the massive effort to squash the crack epidemic because the heroine crisis resembles it so greatly. Bottom line is the same now as it was back then. If you can afford treatment centers to avoid hitting a jail cell then you're going to do it. It comes down to money and health insurance. and make no mistake, no one is entitled to any of those things. They are earned. So it's too bad for the hood rats or the trailer park trash who can't afford to buy their way out of jail. But like you said...."there's no getting over the bitterness". That should be the motto of Alfalfa or BLM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events