Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 03:16 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,868,725 times

Advertisements

On today's local news they showed him going up before the judge. They also showed his Facebook page and said it had taken a dark turn recently. He had lost his job and had been driving for Uber. It sounds like his life was spiraling out of control and he lost it with his poor wife.

His attny is Joe Cheshire, one of the best in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 05:48 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,607 times
This guy is a piece of garbage, and should be treated as such. It's obvious he's using the "cold medicine" defense as an excuse to get leniency for killing his wife. I hope he gets put in prison for the rest of his life, or worse.

That being said, there was a guy that killed someone in SF back in the '80's that used the "twinkie defense" as an excuse for murdering someone.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:06 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,318 times
Did he take a knife to bed with him, or did he get up and get one from the kitchen?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:34 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
That being said, there was a guy that killed someone in SF back in the '80's that used the "twinkie defense" as an excuse for murdering someone.
For those who were curious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
"Twinkie defense" is a derisive label for an improbable legal defense. It is not a recognized legal defense in jurisprudence, but a catchall term coined by reporters during their coverage of the trial of defendant Dan White for the murders of San Francisco city Supervisor Harvey Milk and Mayor George Moscone. White's defense was that he suffered diminished capacity as a result of his depression. His change in diet from healthful food to Twinkies and other sugary foods was said to be a symptom of depression. Contrary to common belief, White's attorneys did not argue that the Twinkies were the cause of White's actions, but that their consumption was symptomatic of his underlying depression. White was convicted of voluntary manslaughter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkie_defense

Old 09-06-2017, 08:08 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
There is a popular drug cocktail among a certain set near me consisting of a half a tallboy of Arizona Iced Tea, a bag of Skittles dissolved therein, then topped off with Robitussin DM (DXM).

I think this guy may have been intentionally "robo-tripping".

Old 09-13-2017, 04:51 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,820,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
There is a popular drug cocktail among a certain set near me consisting of a half a tallboy of Arizona Iced Tea, a bag of Skittles dissolved therein, then topped off with Robitussin DM (DXM).

I think this guy may have been intentionally "robo-tripping".
It's a popular drug to abuse and I've never heard of anyone accidentally taking enough to get those kinds of effects. I've never abused that stuff personally but from what I understand if you do take enough it's equivalent of a hallucinogenic. I have taken other hallucinogenics in my day and I wouldn't discount the fact that someone who has an underlying mental problem and is under the influence of the right cocktail of drugs could do something like that without being conscious of it. I've been around plenty of black out drunks who have done tons of stuff over the course of 6+ hours that they had no recollection of. I've also seen people who were completely sober that sleep walk and talk that get up and do things that they have no recollection and witnessing those things I had no doubt that they were on autopilot and not conscious even though they were walking and talking. We have a very minimal understanding about the brain and psychology. We like to think it's impossible that someone could kill someone while under some sort of "trance" because the thought that your spouse or family member or roommate could kill you in your sleep without being conscious of what they are doing is frightening but I don't put it beyond the realm of possibility.

Odds are this guy just murdered his wife but if toxicology reports show that he did overdose on DXM combined with the fact that he was studying to be a pastor and from all accounts they had no martial problems I would bet he gets convicted of something less then murder like involuntary manslaughter

Old 09-17-2017, 09:16 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
^ I feel like this is one of those instances where, even if the reports do come back that he was high, and he does get convicted on a reduced charge meaning he'll be back out in society some day not so far off in the future, you still never will truly know what went through his mind and whether he was telling the truth about that night. And that's chilling to me.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:09 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,820,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
^ I feel like this is one of those instances where, even if the reports do come back that he was high, and he does get convicted on a reduced charge meaning he'll be back out in society some day not so far off in the future, you still never will truly know what went through his mind and whether he was telling the truth about that night. And that's chilling to me.
Well he'll stick to his story for the rest of his life like everyone else in that situation does so nobody will know if he was telling the truth or not.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:25 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
If he showed the slightest sign of pre-meditation or covering his tracks afterwards, any chance of defense goes poof.

He's going to go to the big house.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:46 AM

5,877 posts, read 6,946,507 times
Update ...
"A Raleigh woman whose husband says he awoke from a dream last month to find her dead had been slashed and stabbed 123 times, according to an autopsy report released Tuesday"
Autopsy: Raleigh woman slashed, stabbed 123 times :: WRAL.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events