Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 05:15 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,774,307 times

Advertisements

Well if someone threw a water bottle at him, I don't blame him for being angry.

But so ridiculous, something you see out of a movie.

Man Caught On Video Holding Onto Front Of Moving School Bus « CBS Baltimore

Quote:
A man faces multiple charges after jumping onto a moving Baltimore County School Bus in Parkville.

Police say 68-year-old Leverne Ardin Doran, from Nottingham, jumped on the hood of a bus coming from Loch Raven Middle School Thursday afternoon, after police say a plastic bottle was thrown from the bus and struck his car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_qb5J7CQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coSUDPuNP98
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 05:27 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,079,172 times
Seems like he had alot of anger bottled up when the bottle hit the fan.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:39 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,417,516 times
Not much rational thought going on there. Did he really think that the bus driver was going to let him on the bus so he could beat-up some 13 year old kid? I'd say this guy's reaction was obviously out of proportion to the zero damage done to his car. There will be court ordered anger management, no doubt. Not that it will do this guy any good. I'll bet this wasn't his first rodeo at being out of control.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:03 PM

1,864 posts, read 1,660,640 times
Some people are stupid.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:25 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,568,931 times
So the man is driving minding his own business, and a bottle is thrown at his car. He gets mad and goes after the bus. I dont condone his methods but I understand getting angry. Notice in the entire story. There is not a word mentioned on disciplining the student that threw the bottle. That to me is the offense. People have just had with our ignorant and disrespectful society. What if that bottle hit the man or anyone in the face. Are we suppose to just let the previous brat go free. To listen to this story it would seem so.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,931,066 times
One stupid act doesn’t condone another! Don’t toss bottles out of the bus and don’t take a ride on the front of one

Old 10-09-2017, 05:08 AM

15,490 posts, read 9,171,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well if someone threw a water bottle at him, I don't blame him for being angry.

But so ridiculous, something you see out of a movie.

Man Caught On Video Holding Onto Front Of Moving School Bus « CBS Baltimore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_qb5J7CQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coSUDPuNP98
The bus driver did the right thing. It's his responsibility to make sure that the deranged individual didn't get inside that bus.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:55 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,167,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Not much rational thought going on there. Did he really think that the bus driver was going to let him on the bus so he could beat-up some 13 year old kid? I'd say this guy's reaction was obviously out of proportion to the zero damage done to his car. There will be court ordered anger management, no doubt. Not that it will do this guy any good. I'll bet this wasn't his first rodeo at being out of control.
I agree. While the student should be disciplined they do not deserve to be beaten up by an adult. Kids do stupid things. They need to learn not to do them, its part of growing up. Now this man will forever be on video acting like a complete tool and will have legal issues to boot. Its an example of how some cannot control thiet anger and make poor decisions due to this.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:24 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,373,040 times
And as demonstrated by the link below, there are a number of very active people here at C-D who will immediately hijack and slant threads to fit their own agenda and stereotypes:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-bus-kids.html

Old 10-10-2017, 02:56 PM

21,928 posts, read 25,275,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And as demonstrated by the link below, there are a number of very active people here at C-D who will immediately hijack and slant threads to fit their own agenda and stereotypes:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-bus-kids.html
What slant?

Possible he's not an NRA member, but not a wild accusation given the NRA hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events