Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 04:32 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,724,849 times

Advertisements

Man cooks ex her dog for dinner

Quote:
The woman contacted Redding, Calif., police Sept. 9, telling them she was a victim of domestic violence and stalking by her 34-year-old ex-boyfriend Ryan Eddy Watenpaugh of Pale Cedro. She said she had been physically assaulted numerous times during their relationship which lasted several months, police Sgt. Todd Cogle said.

The woman said she suffered bruises and minor abrasions from the assaults and was held against her will on two occasions while trying to escape.

According to police, Watenpaugh attacked her on Aug. 4, and she ran out the back door of her Redding apartment. When she returned, Watenpaugh was gone and so was her Pomeranian named Bear, Cogle said.

The couple reconciled briefly in early September, and Watenpaugh cooked the woman a meal. On Sept. 7, the woman received a text from Watenpaugh asking her how her dog tasted and referenced the meal he cooked for her, according to Cogle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 04:46 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,179,448 times
Cliffhanger warning. We never find out how Bear tasted.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:59 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,766,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I heard he tasted like chicken.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:33 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,580,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I imagine with his tongue...while he was alive anyhow.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:42 PM

10,054 posts, read 18,107,880 times
The guy who did this was obviously sick, but those of you who think there's anything funny about it are almost as sick. Good g-d.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:46 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,919,069 times
OMG... I'd kill him... flat out kill him.
I have a four month Pom puppy that I almost named Bear. He's the cutest most lovable creature I've ever known.
This story makes my blood boil.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:13 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,766,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
The guy who did this was obviously sick, but those of you who think there's anything funny about it are almost as sick. Good g-d.
Sorry Karen, am having a rough night and needed a laugh or two. I love dogs.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:00 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,404,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
OMG... I'd kill him... flat out kill him.
I have a four month Pom puppy that I almost named Bear. He's the cutest most lovable creature I've ever known.
This story makes my blood boil.
So now we commit murder over a pet? Obvioulsy what he did was sick and disgusting, but
I don't see any difference between killing a cow/pig/goat or a dog to eat. People in Indonesia/Asia eat dogs. Just a different culture. We call dogs our pets, but a cow is an even sweeter animal than a dog and could easily be someone's pet. Hindu's worship cows. They never attack people/each other unlike dogs, which attack people all the time. Dogs kill people every year. Never head of a miniature donkey or cow doing that. Dogs can be downright nasty. Depends on the individual dog. Never met a nasty cow or a goat as aggressive as some rotties

It's kind of sick how dogs now seem more important than people. Look at ray rice vs mike vick as an example. No one was supporting vick, but rice has plenty of people wearing his jersey.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:04 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,313,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
So now we commit murder over a pet? Obvioulsy what he did was sick and disgusting, but
I don't see any difference between killing a cow/pig/goat or a dog to eat. People in Indonesia/Asia eat dogs. Just a different culture. We call dogs our pets, but a cow is an even sweeter animal than a dog and could easily be someone's pet. Hindu's worship cows. They never attack people/each other unlike dogs, which attack people all the time. Dogs kill people every year. Never head of a miniature donkey or cow doing that. Dogs can be downright nasty. Depends on the individual dog. Never met a nasty cow or a goat as aggressive as some rotties

My Brother In Law who was dang near stomped to death by a "Sweet Little Ole Cow" who weighed over 1000 pounds and gave him cuts, welts, scrapes, bites, bruises and a closed head hematoma will wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:07 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,243,270 times
Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events