Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2018, 05:53 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the mother started having sex with strange men, with the husband's permission apparently, because the husband could not perform anymore and they wanted to have more kids.

The whole story is just appalling.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:03 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I wonder if the mother started having sex with strange men, with the husband's permission apparently, because the husband could not perform anymore and they wanted to have more kids.

Yeah, now it shifts from whether or not Louise is the mother of all 13, to whether or not David is the father of all 13.

So sad.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Old enough to babysit, but maybe not capable if they were chained up.
I hear you, but these are facts that are simply unknown at this time.

Amazing if they left kids chained up and were not worried about any fallout from that should the older children decide to call authorities.

Despicable if they left all of their children minors and adults chained up for days at a time while they drove from Texas to Alabama to engage in a threesome.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:14 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
So, are you saying that you seriously believed that if you called the police and said that your sister stopped going to church and had sex with strange people that they'd send CPS out and remove the kids?
Noooo...never said that, not sure where you think I did.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
That what I don't understand!
The Go Fund ME page left a lot to be desired imo in way of explaining why the funds were needed.

It seemed to assume that anyone reading it would know these kids story.

Lots of people don't follow the news or current events. They could have done a much better job of explaining what happened and why these kids need money imo.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Agree with you on all points. Nothing annoys me more than someone trying to tell me who to give my money to, or to give it at all if I don't want to.

I also agree that the kids shouldn't go live with the rest of the family who has been abused. They need a functional family who is fairly normal. If the rest of the family has been keeping the abuse a secret like the sister said, then they probably haven't done enough healing to do these kids any good. Find a good foster family or group home that can take them all.
The one sister of Louise has 7 kids and a sickly/disabled husband. The estranged brother of David has 5 kids.

Not sure about Louise's other sister(s) and half brother. But, it doesn't seem like they are in a position to take in more kids either mentally or financially.

Hard to imagine what the solution will be for all these children.

It would be nice if someone with the means stepped up to accommodate them all. Just not sure that will happen.

Maybe a private college will give the adult kids who are capable free tuition. I saw that happen here during the recession.

I hope someone can come up with a solution to keep them all together to the extent that they desire to be.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:17 PM

937 posts, read 743,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post

Now when I see the couple staring doe eyed into each other's eyes at the Elvis weddings, I wonder if it could be that they were posting these videos on Facebook to woo and impress potential partners from dating or swinger sites. They went to great lengths to put on this big production depicting how deeply, ecstatically in love they are surrounded by their perfect children. Maybe more likely that was their attempt at wacky, entertaining marketing material to try and get a reality show deal. All of this against the insane backdrop of starving and chaining up their kids in their own feces. I bet these two have narcissistic personality disorder in how they cruelly use their children only as objects-props to make them look good in addition to psychopathy.

Can the story get any more incredibly demented and weird?

Last edited by Chloe333; 01-22-2018 at 08:28 PM..

Old 01-22-2018, 08:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there are reports that law enforcement is going to use cadaver dogs to search current and past homes for possible other children.

That makes sense to me as when I saw they had 10 girls and only 3 boys, my first thought was, "why are there so few male children"?

Seems unlikely to me that a large family would skew so heavily female, but I may be totally wrong about that.
I know a family who has 10 children, 8 girls and 2 boys. The boys are the youngest and the oldest, so they had 8 girls in a row. Not every family is going to be like the Duggers, with the genders evenly matched.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:45 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Hey I have an idea, how about the young guy in Florida who won Powerball steps up here. How about some Silicon Valley billionaire, or Hollywood richie-rich coughs up some real money for this family.
Silicon Valley and Hollywood billionaires don't cough up real money. They didn't get rich by donating money. Hell they don't even pay taxes. But I'm sure the billionaires will throw in a token $100, so they can brag about how generous they are.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:57 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think the reason this case has gotten so much media attention is the bizarre photos. What would grab the attention of this case, really, if you didn't have the girls in those bizarre plaid dresses dancing awkwardly to Elvis songs while their parents oggled each other. The man's hair cut alone is enough to grab a headline.

Had there not been any pictures, no one would hear of this case, IMHO.
I don't think pictures had much to do with it. I think it was more the number of victims, and the severity of the abuse, and the fact that LE, early on started calling it a torture case. I think the headlines: "13 children tortured", got people's attention more than a few family photos of girls in Wizard of Oz dresses. IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events