Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 07:06 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,360,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Don't get me wrong - of course I am glad the dogs were fed. I just cannot conceive that they were deemed worthy of food and not the children.
My guess is because the dogs were a small breed type of dog, Small dogs usually get pampered and get lots of attention because of their size that make them still somewhat like puppies.

I think they had an obsession with babies so the dogs were like their “babies” Once the kids got older and lost that baby cuteness, was probably when the abuse started.

Withholding food from the children and eating in front of them is just pure evil.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:22 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
The only thing I can come up with now is that these people were evil, pure evil. They enjoyed watching their children suffer. They could have fed the children, easily. They chose not to because they wanted it that way. This is a whole level of depravity that is just baffling to me, how people can be this way.

I don't believe LT actually thought they would be able get a reality show either. It was just another lie she told her brother to build up the idea of the perfect family life they had. I think the 2-yr old would have been fed adequately until out of toddler-stage and then be relegated to the torture the other children received. They loved torturing their children. How can such sick people exist?? This is insane to contemplate.
Yes it is. It's as bad as anything on 'Criminal Minds'. No normal person can comprehend it.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:58 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
The only thing I can come up with now is that these people were evil, pure evil. They enjoyed watching their children suffer. They could have fed the children, easily. They chose not to because they wanted it that way. This is a whole level of depravity that is just baffling to me, how people can be this way.

I don't believe LT actually thought they would be able get a reality show either. It was just another lie she told her brother to build up the idea of the perfect family life they had. I think the 2-yr old would have been fed adequately until out of toddler-stage and then be relegated to the torture the other children received. They loved torturing their children. How can such sick people exist?? This is insane to contemplate.
There are a lot of parents out there who treat their kids bad like this.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:02 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Default Long time catching up here...

computer crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
All their lives these kids have been told not tell outsiders anything. It’s early days. The trial probably won’t be for several months. Plenty of time for them to be in a better state of mind to answer questions. Why push them?

I read earlier this week that the shrinks hadn’t even been called in yet to talk to the kids. The priority seems to be in improving the kids’ physical health, establishing trust with the medical staff (the only adult authority figures they have ever encountered outside of their parents) and teaching the kids basic stuff they do not know.

By the way, the reason the mother seemed perplexed when the cops knocked on the door seems obvious to me. She had no idea that one of the kids had escaped and spilled the the beans. It never occurred to her. She thought no one knew. So she didn’t know why the police were there.
For the time being, I don't believe anyone is going to push these kids on any details and are definitely 'treating them with kid gloves'. They have 100's of the kid's journals which they can glean details and refer back to them if and when they feel that they can testify to the atrocities they were subjected to. It's been said that the hospital personnel have found these children to be kind and very loving of each other and they definitely want to keep that positive, nurturing and caring spirit alive and well. It is the only good and beautiful thing that has come out of this nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
Good point about the coworkers. It's hard to imagine this odd looking man showing up to a work setting everyday in clean, normal clothes and with decent hygiene given the squalor they lived in. Hard to imagine anyone hiring him in the first place with his odd, unkempt appearance.
Someone previously wondered why no co-workers had come forward with commentary or observations concerning Mr. Monster and I have to believe management may have directed personnel not to speak about it and may have even referred the various news outlets to HR, probably only to confirm/deny that he indeed worked there or did not and/or at the most, the time frame of his employment with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
With all due respect, sincerely; I can agree that there 'may' be a lot of parents who 'may' "treat their kids bad", but not "like this". "This" is beyond bad and as many descriptions as the press and we here at cd have referred to it, it still doesn't seem harsh enough to describe what these parents (and I have a hard time referring to these 2 as parents) have done to their children. Hence Mr. & Mrs. Monster

Like the old adage which goes something like...'you have to have a license to fish, have a dog or drive a car but nobody needs a license to have a kid'.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:10 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
I just don't understand the purpose of some people. I truly don't.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:13 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,727,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Don't get me wrong - of course I am glad the dogs were fed. I just cannot conceive that they were deemed worthy of food and not the children.
It's possible that the children gave some of their food to the dogs (even though they did not have enough themselves). Also possible the dogs found some other sources of food.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:56 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
As this thread grows over time, it will be harder to go back over the many pages, so there may be double postings of the same info by members. Try to go back a page or two and see if the information/link you are posting has recently been posted to try and not double post, but if it happens, please try to be respectful to the person who's come behind you and posted the same thing. There is a lot of information coming out and this could easily happen at this point. Just my 2 cents.

If you haven't seen this picture of Louise, it's disgusting that she's smiling as she is. Does she think this is funny, or trying to laugh this off!?!

https://nypost.com/2018/01/21/horror...-star-brother/

Dead dogs, filth and ropes tied to beds: Inside the Turpins' home in Texas before they moved to Perris - LA Times

Quote:
David Turpin would stand in the driveway shooting cans with his pistol, aiming toward the road.

So we know he had a gun, which I'm going to assume he used it as a torture tactic and threat.

Quote:
The children rarely emerged. Soon after the family arrived, one of the older girls tried to run away but was returned by a local resident.

How terrible, that one of the girls escaped, only to be returned to the torture chamber. No one contacted authorities. No wonder these kids took so long to try this again, they didn't know if they were going to be taken right back from the place they were running from! And probably knowing what punishment was submitted before, the fear of what could happen to them must have weighed on their minds so heavily.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:23 AM

937 posts, read 744,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
If you haven't seen this picture of Louise, it's disgusting that she's smiling as she is. Does she think this is funny, or trying to laugh this off!?!

How terrible, that one of the girls escaped, only to be returned to the torture chamber. No one contacted authorities. No wonder these kids took so long to try this again, they didn't know if they were going to be taken right back from the place they were running from! And probably knowing what punishment was submitted before, the fear of what could happen to them must have weighed on their minds so heavily.
I know her smiling is like the stuff of horror movies, and it's sickening. It's like she's trying to buddy up to the lawyer and down play the whole situation. I think too in addition to fearing punishment if they were returned, they must've also tremendously feared and mistrusted the outside world since all they knew as their twisted reality was torment and cruelty. So these poor souls probably weren't sure if leaving could be better or worse than their current horrible lives. For all they knew, the police could get angry with them and side with the parents as they were used to constantly being punished for being wrong or bad at every turn. It's like choosing a known evil by staying for so long over an unknown evil. Probably lots of complex psychological layers going on including possibly even feeling empathy and connection with their monster parents.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:33 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
So far gofundme has only raised 20k for these kids. Ive seen them raise more for someone's class trip or righting a social injustice. Didn't the bullied kid video get like 100k?

As shocked and intrigued as society is by this story...most people don't really care about the kids. They think of them as broken, ruined, a strain on society and biologically related to mentally ill/evil people and so they are not a top priority.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:38 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,100,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Yes, unfortunately there are. The reason this Turpin case is worldwide news is because of the number of children involved. Look at all these cases of parents who have starved,, beaten and chained their own children, sometimes to death.

'The world couldn't see them as they are': How did 3 children go months without food? | PennLive.com

Police say Pennsylvania parents locked children in room, starved them | WREG.com

Mother arrested, accused of starving her children in Wellsville | WTOV

New Jersey Couple Held in Abuse; One Son, 19, Weighed 45 Pounds - The New York Times

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...veal/99213932/

https://www.10tv.com/article/illinoi...arvation-death

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ing-5-year-old

The children in the first link were starved for only 4 months and 2 of them were near death when found.
That makes me think the Turpins were giving their children just enough food to prolong their torture.
Yes, I believe there are a lot more of these monsters out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events