Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 06:42 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,966,681 times

Advertisements

The weather is destroying again.

" MAY 2018 • 6:02PM
Champagne has become the latest French wine growing region to feel the wrath of the heavens after freakishly violent hail storms wiped out the equivalent of eight million bottles of grapes and roughly €125 million (£110m) of fizz.
The extent of the damage emerged barely a week after hailstones “the size of pigeons’ eggs” devastated thousands of acres of prime vineyards in Bordeaux
, prompting the French government to promise support for winegrowers, some of whom have lost their entire crop."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ak-hailstorms/

Old 06-01-2018, 07:18 AM

10,519 posts, read 7,122,772 times
Why the term "pleasure seekers" to describe these poor people who had their livelihoods wiped out? You realize that there dozens of positive Biblical descriptions regarding the moderate enjoyment of wine, correct?

Old 06-01-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Why the term "pleasure seekers" to describe these poor people who had their livelihoods wiped out? You realize that there dozens of positive Biblical descriptions regarding the moderate enjoyment of wine, correct?
Biblical judgment does not spare the rich nor the poor, though it's debatable if they're poor. Regardless, mankind is finding it more difficult to pleasure seek.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:42 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,512,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Why the term "pleasure seekers" to describe these people who had their livelihoods wiped out? You realize that there dozens of positive Biblical descriptions regarding the moderate enjoyment of wine, correct?
I couldn't agree more. Hubby and I enjoy an occasional glass of wine with our dinner. It goes very well with an Italian meal of pasta, sauce, meatballs and fresh garlic bread. Nothing beats a full-bodied, medium-dry red wine. It would be ignorant of anyone to refer to us as "pleasure-seekers".

The Bible indeed speaks highly of moderate wine drinking. There are many Biblical passages that support this, including TIMOTHY 5:23...."Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses."

The loss suffered by those grape growers is indescribable. They worked hard to grow those grapes. I swear, people show more respect and concern for non-working Welfare recipients than they do for hard working people. How twisted is that?

Old 06-01-2018, 08:09 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,635,980 times
FYI anyone who drinks anyone except water can be considered a pleasure seeker as our body only needs water. Don't know why wine drinkers get such a bad rap.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:18 AM

11,413 posts, read 7,860,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I couldn't agree more. Hubby and I enjoy an occasional glass of wine with our dinner. It goes very well with an Italian meal of pasta, sauce, meatballs and fresh garlic bread. Nothing beats a full-bodied, medium-dry red wine. It would be ignorant of anyone to refer to us as "pleasure-seekers".

The Bible indeed speaks highly of moderate wine drinking. There are many Biblical passages that support this, including TIMOTHY 5:23...."Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses."

The loss suffered by those grape growers is indescribable. They worked hard to grow those grapes. I swear, people show more respect and concern for non-working Welfare recipients than they do for hard working people. How twisted is that?

Agreed and don’t understand the glee with which some report others losing their livelihood. Pretty sure the Bible has something to say about loving not judging others.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:36 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,685,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The weather is destroying again.

" MAY 2018 • 6:02PM
Champagne has become the latest French wine growing region to feel the wrath of the heavens after freakishly violent hail storms wiped out the equivalent of eight million bottles of grapes and roughly €125 million (£110m) of fizz.
The extent of the damage emerged barely a week after hailstones “the size of pigeons’ eggs” devastated thousands of acres of prime vineyards in Bordeaux
, prompting the French government to promise support for winegrowers, some of whom have lost their entire crop."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ak-hailstorms/
my goodness! I guess the bible got it wrong; jesus must have turned wine into water at that wedding!

Old 06-01-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
[/u][/b]

Agreed and don’t understand the glee with which some report others losing their livelihood. Pretty sure the Bible has something to say about loving not judging others.
Why do you assume it's glee? Has the reality of the truth no place in this generation of people? The things coming on the earth are getting bad, and it's going to get much worse.

Revelation 16
21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
my goodness! I guess the bible got it wrong; jesus must have turned wine into water at that wedding!

It's debatable whether Jesus' wine was fermented or not; however, it getting harder and harder for mankind.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:00 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,442,002 times
Better thread title:

"Violent hail storms wiped out 80 million bottles of Jesus blood".

Revelation 6:6
And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events