Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 04:46 AM

579 posts, read 367,887 times

Advertisements

I got a bedbug infestation after I had a visitor who resided in a white trash home in Texas. I had to spend hundreds of dollars killing them. It made me so angry that the owner of said white trash home never did any kind of maintenance of his house, despite the fact (that I only learned of afterwards ) that the place was totally infested. I wanted to sue him, but I saw no point in doing so against someone who is judgment-proof. Thanks a lot, you worthless trash, for bringing bed bugs into my home.

I hate bedbugs and I HATE people who know they have bedbugs and don't do anything about it, just to save a buck.

The homeowner is now in a nursing home and probably brought a thousand bedbugs with him. Worthless trash, I hope you get eaten alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 05:50 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,688,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
In case you haven't noticed it, it has gotten harder and harder to rid infestations of any kind of bug. It's not that the bugs are getting more resistent, the problem is that our friends at the EPA have gotten into bed with pest control companies in the name of "Environmental Protection" and now you are unable to purchase EFFECTIVE pesticides. Instead you must call a pest control professional who is licensed to spray the same chemicals that we used to be able to buy over the counter.

Here in Missouri every year we are eaten up with ticks, chiggers and fleas. Thirty years ago, my dad would spray something on our lawn that eradicated these pests for weeks (or until it rained). Unfortunately, the product was banned.

Bedbugs are the same. The "epidemic" (and make no mistake it IS just that) is caused by pest control companies who charge $1000 to treat 1 hotel room. No telling what treating an entire airplane would cost.

Great Post !!!

In olden days,DDT was very effective in controlling Bed Bugs, actually many kinds of pests. But because it was cheaper in nature, EPA and big fellas in pursuit of profits got it banned.

They got DDT banned and spray less effective expensive pesticides which are not that effective.

They linked Foreign aid in combating Malaria in Africa with using these expensive pesticides instead of DDT. many lives would have been saved if DDT was not that banned. India has saved many lives from Malaria by resisting big fellas in not banning DDT.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:30 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Great Post !!!

In olden days,DDT was very effective in controlling Bed Bugs, actually many kinds of pests. But because it was cheaper in nature, EPA and big fellas in pursuit of profits got it banned.

They got DDT banned and spray less effective expensive pesticides which are not that effective.

They linked Foreign aid in combating Malaria in Africa with using these expensive pesticides instead of DDT. many lives would have been saved if DDT was not that banned. India has saved many lives from Malaria by resisting big fellas in not banning DDT.

let's not follow India or Africa's lead on anything

Old 08-05-2018, 10:37 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,688,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
let's not follow India or Africa's lead on anything

Well they are not leading. They are just copying what United States used to do to eradicate Bed Bugs or Malaria when this country was not governed by Big Business. This was the most effective way. Sad thing is that instead of continuing eradication of pests, USA seems to have lost the way and corporate Profit margins has become a supreme concern while pests are bothering general populace.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:17 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Y'know these little bugs have been with humans for thousands of years. Back when we were in caves they were with us too, in our castles, our cribs, our wardrobes and hovels and our million dollar estates.
They don't appear to spread disease and only need to feed every few days then crawl away to their hideholes and contemplate the wonders of the universe until they're hungry again. Hell, most of the time you don't even know they're feeding because they are kind enough to inject a painkiller for you.
Take this thing with reality in mind. We'll never get rid of the little bastards, they've become globe trotters just like us, right along with us every step of the way. They like being with us and probably care deeply for us so just stop worrying about them and let them suck on you.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Great Post !!!

DDT causes huge problems in the ecosystems it's applied to. Eagles damn near went extinct because of it.

What we need to do is learn to live with our neighbors and let them suck on us.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:52 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
When we had bed bugs we got rid of them with a steamer. steamed the beds and surrounding rugs. It was the only thing that worked for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Heat kills them.
I really, really hate bugs (of any kind) in any event, I would try every possible remedy concurrently...OR if all else fails, burn all my belongings and start my Life over from scratch.

Bed Bugs and Alcohol: How To Use Alcohol To Kill Bed Bugs

Word of warning, please read the safety instructions on the bottle. If you’re spraying your bed and linens, you should do so in a well-ventilated area – outside would be better. Rubbing alcohol contains poison and shouldn’t be inhaled. If you experience breathing difficulty after cleaning, be sure to consult your medical practitioner immediately.

https://www.bedbugsbites.net/bed-bug...kill-bed-bugs/

Best DIY Homemade Vinegar Bed Bug Killer

The conclusion is that using vinegar is not a good solution to bedbugs. I understand that some people have no other choice but to use this method, but I recommend you do whatever it takes to come up with the funds for a real solution. Remember, you are not alone. Seek help. Do not be ashamed or hide an infestation. Face it, and do whatever it takes to eliminate the bed bugs.

https://dengarden.com/pest-control/D...ork-on-Bedbugs

How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs (9 Non-Toxic Options)

https://wellnessmama.com/128305/bed-bugs

Old 08-05-2018, 10:09 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Y'know these little bugs have been with humans for thousands of years. Back when we were in caves they were with us too, in our castles, our cribs, our wardrobes and hovels and our million dollar estates.
They don't appear to spread disease and only need to feed every few days then crawl away to their hideholes and contemplate the wonders of the universe until they're hungry again. Hell, most of the time you don't even know they're feeding because they are kind enough to inject a painkiller for you.
Take this thing with reality in mind. We'll never get rid of the little bastards, they've become globe trotters just like us, right along with us every step of the way. They like being with us and probably care deeply for us so just stop worrying about them and let them suck on you.
I'm hazarding a guess that you haven't had an infestation. That will change an outlook pdq. Personally I don't care what those little demons like, or want. You can have all the ones that the rest of us get rid of.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:53 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I'm hazarding a guess that you haven't had an infestation. That will change an outlook pdq. Personally I don't care what those little demons like, or want. You can have all the ones that the rest of us get rid of.
Can we take out mosquitoes while we are at it? All they do is spread disease and misery in general. Icky creatures.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:57 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Can we take out mosquitoes while we are at it? All they do is spread disease and misery in general. Icky creatures.
Sure, sounds good to me. Let's put them on our hit list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events