Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 09:04 AM

130,128 posts, read 12,088,000 times

Advertisements

so sad, a preventable tragedy. I cannot understand leaving toddlers in a home with an unsecured pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 09:36 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
No way any child should be alone in a pool no matter if they can swim or not.. this was neglect and stupid of the parent leaving the twins.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:28 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,367,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I'm sorry, but unless she's a magician who was able to hide the pool from clients, then the parents have some agency.
I agree with that, but it doesn't reduce the daycare people's responsibility.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:30 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,367,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Children can drown in less than 2 inches of water. The daycare provider was negligent, but daycare is so expensive it's no surprise parents look for cheap childcare, even though they are irreplaceable
You are right.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:42 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,586,985 times
Sounds harsh, but the parents are 95 percent to blame. Who sends their kid to a home based daycare with a pool and no fence? Why wasn’t that the first thing she noticed when looking at the daycare? Yes daycare is very expensive. But if you can’t afford a decent daycare then stay at home with your kids.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:02 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Sounds harsh, but the parents are 95 percent to blame. Who sends their kid to a home based daycare with a pool and no fence? Why wasn’t that the first thing she noticed when looking at the daycare? Yes daycare is very expensive. But if you can’t afford a decent daycare then stay at home with your kids.
Common sense is lacking in many modern-day American adults, depending on the issue. When you have 12+ kids at a daycare, it would help to have at least 4 adults there too.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:13 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
I can't imagine losing toddlers so young. How does this mom have the ability to write FB posts and give media interviews? Do people hire PR in cases like this? I know a mom who lost her baby at daycare. She was inconsolable. Unable to function. I just don't know.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:32 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I can't imagine losing toddlers so young. How does this mom have the ability to write FB posts and give media interviews? Do people hire PR in cases like this? .
It would have been nice if she had put the same effort into researching and selecting a daycare for her children.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:08 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,400,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The daycare owner might have criminal charges filed against her.

I hope she does. Stupid fool should have never run a daycare in that death trap house. How stupid are you to think you can run a daycare in a house that has a pool? Even if you are not directly responsible for this, you are responsible because it was your responsibility to watch over these kids and make sure they are in a safe environment. On top of this the parents shouldn't escape the chopping block. They allowed their kids to be watch in this house with a pool.

How many times are people going to be told over and over again NOT TO LEAVE a CHILD UNSUPERVISED AROUND A POOL???!!!! How many tragedies? How many deaths does it take for people to wake up? I have a relative that has a pool. When we go over my wife and I are absolute hawks around the pool. I'll never leave if there are kids in there. And we NEVER allow them to watch our kids. NEVER.

People are so stupid in this world. Pools are extremely dangerous. When a child drowns you don't hear a thing. If you own a pool it is your responsibility to make sure it is 110% child proof. If its not then maybe you shouldn't have one.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:40 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,295,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The daycare was being paid for its service and its primary duty was to supervise children.

True or false. The daycare failed to adequately supervise the children.

I don't see your post as anything other than an attempt to deflect the blame from the daycare---where it belongs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events