Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 01:14 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

They found his wife’s body on the property of the husband’s workplace. Body of missing Colorado woman found at husband's place of work, police say | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 01:18 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
They found his wife’s body on the property of the husband’s workplace. Body of missing Colorado woman found at husband's place of work, police say | Fox News

Not too smart, is he?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:31 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,489 times
My first thought at seeing his interview was that he did it.Reason I felt strongly that way was because he was slightly smiling PLUS he wasn't pleading or distraught.No tears or anything! I mean this is your PREGNANT wife PLUS 2 young children missing!! He should have been extremely distraught and worried..but I didn't see any of that.That's when I knew that he had done it.Sometimes you just know.
How so sad for her family and friends.
What a monster. I also felt the same way about Susan Smith and she was "showing"more emotions then this guy BUT I knew she had killed her 2 kid before she was arrested.It was probably my instinct telling me something wasn't right.

Last edited by codergirl; 08-16-2018 at 01:51 PM..

Old 08-16-2018, 01:50 PM

503 posts, read 1,454,575 times
I was thinking he is cheating on her.

Or I am wondering if he thought she was cheating on him, and that the baby isn't his, and he snapped and killed her and the other kids.

Horrible terrible.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:54 PM

133 posts, read 87,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What a creep, his body language and mannerisms totally scream guilty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugoYkx04E2Q
Yep...and it sounded like he said "Bella is 4, Celeste was 3"....slip of the tongue?

You never know what's going on with people. Do they literally just snap one day? How can you have a seemingly normal life and then kill your own children? Why not just pack up and leave? And he hid his wife's body at his place of employment and confessed within a few days so it doesn't seem well planned out.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
My first thought at seeing his interview was that he did it.Reason I felt strongly that way was because he was slightly smiling PLUS he wasn't pleading or distraught.No tears or anything! I mean this is your PREGNANT wife PLUS 2 young children missing!! He should have been extremely distraught and worried..but I didn't see any of that.That's when I knew that he had done it.Sometimes you just know.
What a monster. I also felt the same way about Susan Smith and she was "showing"more emotions then this guy BUT I knew she had killed her 2 kid before she was arrested.It was probably my instinct telling me something wasn't right.
I thought he was lying too, but not because he was not distraught enough.

It just did not make sense that someone would come into their home in the morning and take the wife and 2 girls, leaving all of their items behind, nor would the pregnant wife have left without any of their personal items or clothes and gone on the run. It was a poorly thought out fiction, and I'm sure the police were even more skeptical than we were.

Obviously forensic evidence everywhere--his car, the house...Sure didn't take the cops long to get him to confess. They must have had a mountain of evidence.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
YES, Susan Smith's comments were monotone and flat....obvious she was not convincing...

Old 08-16-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I thought he was lying too, but not because he was not distraught enough.

It just did not make sense that someone would come into their home in the morning and take the wife and 2 girls, leaving all of their items behind, nor would the pregnant wife have left without any of their personal items or clothes and gone on the run. It was a poorly thought out fiction, and I'm sure the police were even more skeptical than we were.

Obviously forensic evidence everywhere--his car, the house...Sure didn't take the cops long to get him to confess. They must have had a mountain of evidence.

Mountains...yes. He was so dumb...did he really think he'd get away with this????

Old 08-16-2018, 02:11 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Watts' description of the younger little girl as a "trouble-maker...energetic... like her mom" and the other child as "quiet...controlled...motherly, like me" seemed extremely peculiar and very distant, coming from what was supposed to be a distraught father who dearly loved his little girls.

Most three year olds have high energy levels and shortish attention spans. Most four year olds can concentrate longer. But why describe the children by these traits above all others? Most fathers whose children were inexplicably missing would not describe them negatively but would speak of their endearing ways and their own terror and distress at their absence.

Shanann and the little girls recently spent six weeks in North Carolina with her family - was this a vacation, or a trial separation?

Watts held his right arm close across his torso and gestured almost entirely with his left hand/arm - was his right arm or shoulder injured, perhaps as Shanann attempted to fend him off? The only time he used his right arm typically was when he was questioned about his shirt (and his answer - it was a gift from his wife but he didn't recall if she'd brought it back from NC or ordered if from Amazon) seemed sketchy and he seemed nervous and antsy- as if he was making up a reply on the spot).

Just so sad. The helicopter video of the on-the-ground search showed what appeared to be police blocking off a culvert or bridge over a small stream - wonder if that's where they found Shanann? I hope the little girls are found quickly...for their extended family and friends' sake.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:15 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Shanann's brother wrote on Facebook "May Satan have mercy on his soul." I thought that was very appropriate.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/husband-ar...opstories.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events