Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:34 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kellogg View Post
He won't go to prison for this.
The prosecutor should though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 06:52 AM

384 posts, read 376,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I accidentally thanked you when I meant to quote you...

There's literally been online articles about women doing THIS and bragging about it and telling other women to do the same.
(Except they just walk, not run.) Same thing.

I think the guys a dirtbag, but not a criminal.

I agree. You get what you pay for . The guy is using his resources LOL. Nobody made these women go out to expensive restaurants with him. This is what happens when you make poor choices in life , they need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:05 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little pink View Post
I agree. You get what you pay for . The guy is using his resources LOL. Nobody made these women go out to expensive restaurants with him. This is what happens when you make poor choices in life , they need to take responsibility for their own actions.
How ironic. Talk about poor choices. This guy now faces prosecution, fines, and possible jail time. He now has to take responsibility for his actions. I wonder how his resources are going to work for him if lands in jail.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:41 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
He was sentenced to 120 days in jail and he's banned from using dating aps during probation.

https://la.eater.com/2018/11/26/1811...lifornia-crime

Old 01-04-2019, 07:39 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
What does that have to do with anything? The guy is clearly a cheap loser. Maybe he will like the price of his meals at the "Greybar Hotel".
Women do this all the time to guys. I say he gets off free and with a trophy for turning the tables on women who do this crap. And a lot of women do.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:44 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Women do this all the time to guys. I say he gets off free and with a trophy for turning the tables on women who do this crap. And a lot of women do.
That CLEARLY didn't happen. See the post above you for what he received. I see no mention of a trophy.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Do what?

Accept dates for dinner and walk out befor the check comes?

Or do you mean not rewarding the party who paid.

Easy enough for strangers to discuss payment before meeting for dinner and requesting separate checks. This way neither party is responsible for the actions of the other.

Instead, it often seems more common for people to not communicate upfront about money and/ or sex and proceed with hopeful fantasies.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-04-2019 at 08:09 AM..

Old 01-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
My guess is, because that's clearly a crime. Dining with someone else and walking the check and forcing them to pay is done all the time, in varying shades, and it isn't a crime.

For example, the reason why restaurants are so happy now to go to the extra work of offering individual checks to diners is because in groups of women, the women somehow are completely unable to calculate what they owe, and short the bill by several dollars. Making someone else at the table make up the difference, and then there's hardly any tip.

So there are many shades of grey here, with what this guy did, but I am shocked that it's technically illegal.
Don’t think this is limited to female diners.

It’s often the server’s tip that suffers, unless one or more kicks in extra.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
He was sentenced to 120 days in jail and he's banned from using dating aps during probation.

https://la.eater.com/2018/11/26/1811...lifornia-crime
Apparently, he persisted with the Dine and Dash routine, while under investigation.

https://la.eater.com/2018/5/11/17336...es-restaurants

According to ^ link, guy was all romantic, touchy- feely and kissy during the date, before dashing.

In at least one situation, he arrived early and consumed a full meal before his date arrived and then ordered another meal.

Sounds to me like he went out of his way to appeal to the hopeful fantasies of some women.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:12 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
I certainly don't think he should get a trophy but I completely agree, women do this with regularity. Order the most expensive meal on the menu, appetizers, dessert, etc., and although they don't walk out before they check, they don't pay for it and when asked to split it they don't have their wallet, and then they're gone.

That's why first dates with people you don't know should be at a coffee shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events