Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 03:13 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
He will most certainly "get time" if he can't make the $315,000 bail. And a 40-something who lives with mom isn't likely going to be able to come up with $315,000. These charges are egregiously excessive, as is the bail amount. The judge who ordered this bail and the prosecutor who over-charged this petty theft are the ones who belong in jail.
Bail bondsmen only require 10% of the amount, not the entire thing. Based on his history, he is a high flight risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
In a few day there will be
https://abcnews.go.com/US/dine-dash-...ry?id=57497343

The judge will then schedule a trial after the preliminary hearing. To be noted, he's facing 10 felonies.

He's being charged with 10 counts of felony extortion and he's 45 years old. Who knows that the judge will sentence him to after a conviction? This wasn't some young man in his 20's living life. This was a middle aged man who should be able to afford his own dinner, some of the stories said he claimed he was a bodybuilder to justify ordering 2 entrees.
Yes, I was one of those who posted about how much he ordered, 2 entrees with one, 4 lobster tails with another. That's why they were stuck with bills in the hundreds of dollars.

Some people were responding with outrage as if he has already been sentenced to 13 years. There is no reason to think he's actually going to get 13 years, was my point.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:48 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Bail bondsmen only require 10% of the amount, not the entire thing. Based on his history, he is a high flight risk.
Yeah, I guess he has a tendency to run out on things.

Perhaps his mother will pay his bail. Seems he depends on her for everything else, including a place to live.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
This is a win win for him. He can get out of his mommies house and STILL get free food. He will also be able to work out and be the bodybuilder he always dreamed of being. He should be celebrating his newfound fame in the "GreyBar Hotel"
I met plenty of men like him when I was dating, they were in their 40s or even early 50s (often lied and made themselves out to be younger) And still doing "the dating scene" which is kind of pitiful at that age and playing all the same games that 20 year old guys play.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I met plenty of men like him when I was dating, they were in their 40s or even early 50s (often lied and made themselves out to be younger) And still doing "the dating scene" which is kind of pitiful at that age and playing all the same games that 20 year old guys play.
This man was not dating. He was a con man who looked for any woman he could convince to meet him at a restaurant to get his meal paid for. Also snuck out of salons after getting cut and color. He wasn’t dating and always planned to sneak out early before the bill came regardless who the woman was. For all we know he may be gay, but he only used the dating site to find victims.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
This man was not dating. He was a con man who looked for any woman he could convince to meet him at a restaurant to get his meal paid for. Also snuck out of salons after getting cut and color. He wasn’t dating and always planned to sneak out early before the bill came regardless who the woman was. For all we know he may be gay, but he only used the dating site to find victims.
I actually do think he is gay. Not that it matters but I do think he's gay.

At least one of the women I saw, that he conned, was extremely attractive.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I actually do think he is gay. Not that it matters but I do think he's gay.

At least one of the women I saw, that he conned, was extremely attractive.
He might even do this on gay dating sites too! A weeks worth of meals requires a big pool lol.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:27 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Serial 'Dine-and-Dash Dater' Paul Gonzales hit with new charges | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-08-2018, 12:59 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Looks like they changed the charges to extortion and defrauding an innkeeper. Sounds more appropriate to me. I assume the hair salon incident is the petty theft charge.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:31 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
I agree. He should just be required to pay back the $950 and not be allowed back in those places that he ripped off. That's about it. Jail time isn't warranted here.
I don't think I have ever read a post of yours that I agree with and that continues today. What about all the woman who were forced to pay the tab? The restaurants were not the only victims here and running out on a check with a date certainly contains more pain than simply skipping out on the restaurant, both in costs and just the empty feeling of humiliation and hurt. I mean these were dates remember?

Just returning the money and "I'm sorry I won't do it again" is not nearly enough for a guy who did something like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events