Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:30 PM

1,517 posts, read 994,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
People who feel guilty about killing animals and plants can starve to death. Fewer idiots on this planet.

Alonso, that's just more meat for you and I come the next major famine event. I mean, if it has to come down to cannibalism to survive, then that's how it has to be I guess. At least we can dine knowing that it's vegetarian-fed, cruelty-free human meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 03:44 PM

68,349 posts, read 54,496,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
They'll probably taste better. Sort of like pre-smoked lobsters.

Especially if the diners are treated to the smoke.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:08 PM

6,624 posts, read 6,560,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You think fish don't stress in a live well? Why do you think bait ends up with red noses from smashing into the sides and trying to get out. They eventually roll and die. Live well fish do the same.

Don't kid yourself. It's best to spike a fish in the head, gut and bleed it immediately into an ice slurry like commercial guys use.
Yes, I agree it would be better with your method, but we have no way to keep them in an ice slurry all day out in the hot sun. We don't have a large enough boat like the commercial guys use. We do the best we can and that's better than some people.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:09 PM

6,624 posts, read 6,560,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Years ago my 12 year-old son and I were fishing one evening in a river just off Dusty Roads Bridge, a few kilometers outside Nambour, Queensland, Australia. We’d been there for a while without as much as a bite when my son managed to pull in a large crab. He was so excited. That was the only thing we caught that night. Anyway, we tied up the crab’s claws with some twine, put it in a plastic bag and hung it from a tree branch. Throughout the night we heard the bag rustling as the crab moved around in the bag. I found it a tad unsettling but the thought of a crab dinner the following day compensated for that.

The next morning we packed all of our fishing gear into the car, took down the bag with the crab inside and headed back to our residence in Nambour …pronounced Nam-bor. You know what the British are like with their added ‘u’s, i.e. harbour, honour, labour, etc. Anyway, we got home, unpacked and took out the crab from the bag. My son noticed that the crab was trying to chew the twine around its claws. Knowing that it was stressed and attempting to escape turned him off any thought of a crab dinner. Ditto for me. I didn’t have the heart to cook it up. And so, I took the crab to a neighbor and asked him if he’d like the crab. Of course he wanted it. It was huge and would make a pretty good meal.

Meanwhile my son kept talking about that crab and as to how it had been trying to chew its way through the twine to freedom. He was even trying to fight back tears without wanting to come across as a wimp. Me, being a wimp, decided to call on the neighbor and I asked if he’d begun to cook the crab yet. He said that he had water boiling on the stove and was about to drop the crab into it. I apologized to him and told him that I wanted the crab back. He was fine about it, gave me the crab and turned off the stove.

My son and I drove out to Dusty Roads Bridge with the crab, untied, in the bag. We walked to the river, opened up the bag and allowed the crab to walk into the water. It swam away at full speed, apparently none the worse for its ordeal. My son and I smiled at each other, climbed into the car and drove home. Come to think of it, I think we had pizza that night.

True story.
AWESOME story! love it!

Old 09-23-2018, 01:04 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,287,217 times
Support CLM.

Crustacean Lives Matter.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:01 AM

17,321 posts, read 15,507,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
And...in today's paper, a front page story about PETA going nuts over this. Idiots. Are people getting dumber, or is mass media/the internet just making the loonies more visible/audible?
LOL... PETA... Just look at some of their articles depicting "happy" fish. They love to humanize animals, and it's laughably ridiculous.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:46 AM

7,103 posts, read 6,001,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
news of the weird.
What if THC is extreme torture to the lobsters? What is every pain receptor they have explodes once introduced to THC? Point is, we'll never know what mary jane does to the lobster and so to call it humane is just stupid.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:12 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,400,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Should the same be done to clams before steaming them?
I think vaping would be more appropriate for a steamed Lobster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events