Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 06:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times

Advertisements

Just unbelievable, the sense of entitlement - apparently, not only millenials can be blamed for 'taking care of numero uno' since this is an older lady. Video of incident, including the bus driver attempting to reason with her, in the link:

https://ktla.com/2018/08/22/video-of...parks-outrage/

If you saw this, how would you react?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 07:21 PM

11,361 posts, read 16,733,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Just unbelievable, the sense of entitlement - apparently, not only millenials can be blamed for 'taking care of numero uno' since this is an older lady. Video of incident, including the bus driver attempting to reason with her, in the link:

https://ktla.com/2018/08/22/video-of...parks-outrage/

If you saw this, how would you react?
HMMM??? Pretend it's "The Purge"....Next

Old 08-23-2018, 07:54 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,582,849 times
She could have either a mental disorder or addiction aggravating the situation or be a street person.

I'd hand her 20 bucks; money talks.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:08 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,191,888 times
The "Reverse Rosa Parks"?

(link didn't work, didn't see the article)

Old 08-24-2018, 12:27 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,513,082 times
I'm a bit confused. The buses and trains in my city have a space at the front for the disabled who rely on wheelchairs (he was in one) at the front. They ride in their chairs at that space. The actual seats up front are for disabled folks who don't rely on wheelchairs, and that's where she appears to be.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:42 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,876,823 times
It looks like he is on the bus...was he going to get out of his chair and walk over to sit where she was? She shouldn't have been allowed to sit down there in the first place. I can't park in handicapped spots.

Some people have disabilities unseen.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:52 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,484,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I'm a bit confused. The buses and trains in my city have a space at the front for the disabled who rely on wheelchairs (he was in one) at the front. They ride in their chairs at that space. The actual seats up front are for disabled folks who don't rely on wheelchairs, and that's where she appears to be.

I'm confused too. She was seated. Was the wheelchair-bound man planning to extricate himself from his chair, sit in that same seat and park his wheelchair elsewhere?

How was this woman in his way?

Was she herself disabled in some way and entitled to that seat?

I'm more appalled by the behavior of other passengers.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:56 AM

15,427 posts, read 9,117,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I'm confused too. She was seated. Was the wheelchair-bound man planning to extricate himself from his chair, sit in that same seat and park his wheelchair elsewhere?

How was this woman in his way?

Was she herself disabled in some way and entitled to that seat?

I'm more appalled by the behavior of other passengers.

The seat she was sitting on needed to fold up to make room for the wheelchair. She was sitting in a seat designated for Seniors and Persons With Disabilities. She is clearly a senior. She is an obnoxious *****, but she was within her legal right not to give up her seat. That is why the bus driver and his supervisor allowed her to remain seated and asked the man in a wheelchair to wait for the next bus.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 08-24-2018 at 04:18 AM..

Old 08-24-2018, 04:14 AM

15,427 posts, read 9,117,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentor44 View Post
I would have kicked her off if I was the driver....... Very mean and uncalled for!! (If I was a passenger I would also try to get her to move)

People are so mean and unkind now......... Like they hate everyone else!!!!!
If you were the bus driver you would have been fired for violating the company policies. She was sitting in a seat designated for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities. As the report stated she appeared to be a senior. That's why after the bus driver and his supervisor conferred they allowed her to remain in the seat.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:42 AM

5,462 posts, read 6,074,934 times
Just from the brief clip and our vantage point, or lack of one, the entire episode was much ado about nothing. Ride the next bus, they probably run every 10 minutes. If the bus were full, would they ask a passenger to get off to allow the wheelchair confined person to ride?

Pfft! Fagetaboutit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events