Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Ugh... So much stupid here. Bathing a baby takes a few minutes at MOST. It can literally be done in one minute.

I had my first son when I was 23 -- his age. I loved (still do) video games, and was in college at the time. If I was home with my baby, he was either right next to me, or even ON me while I played games or studied. Never out of sight.
Let alone, in a tub? With running water? Why would anyone leave a baby alone near running water?

I have a hard time believing people can be this neglectful, and have to agree that this may have very well been premeditated. This is NOT the same as leaving a baby in a hot car.
I completely agree. With almost all of the hot car deaths, there is never an intent to be neglectful. The parent intends to take the child to daycare or whatever, and then forgets.

A parent who leaves a baby lying in a tub that's filling up to go play video games, made the first decision with the intent to neglect. It was his intent, when he left the bathroom, to neglect his baby in a deadly way, although he may have thought he could go check his video game and then return 30 seconds later and then it slipped his mind.

But unlike the hot car deaths, this father's first decision was intending to dangerously neglect the child.

Although honestly, if he intended to drown the baby he'd come up with a better scenario.

Last edited by ClaraC; 10-01-2018 at 06:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 05:50 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Sorry to hear about the baby.

As for the mother and father, water seeks its level. Spay and neuter.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:22 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The fact it was a Black man that did this doesn't help against the the stereotypes of a bad Black father. SMH!
I didn't realize that there was a "bad Black father" stereotype. Most black fathers I know are like any other father at that age, a bit naive and distracted. I do not believe that race or culture had anything to do with this.

He made a very bad decision that resulted in the death of a child.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:52 PM

24,619 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
There's so much wrong here, I'll just get to the obvious. This cretin didn't check on his infant for ONE HOUR because he was occupied playing (what else?) video games. Poor little thing. He said he "forgot" that the baby was in the tub. Unbelievable.

And if you think this is unusual, it's not.
You are correct, kids dying at the hands of idiotic parents isn’t unusual at all. These are usually low IQ individuals who project their own crappy choices and frustration onto their offspring who didn’t choose to be here.

Since we can’t outlaw stupid or unstable people from having kids, sadly this the consequence we all have to live with.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:55 PM

24,619 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
I didn't realize that there was a "bad Black father" stereotype
You might want to become more informed then.

Quote:
More than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...frican-americ/

Old 10-01-2018, 09:13 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,240 times
Quote:
The fact it was a Black man that did this doesn't help against the the stereotypes of a bad Black father. SMH!
Oh ****, the dude was black? Oh bummer! Get ready for more attacks on black fathers

No but him being black has NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING at all to do with this, just his natural selection doing the work...

My goodness, who the **** leaves a bathtub running for an hour to begin with????

Old 10-01-2018, 10:21 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:

This has nothing to do with race.

I've read of more cases like this than I care to, and it turns my stomach. One of the first such cases I remember was a local one, in which a father beat his months-old daughter to death because her crying interrupted his video games.

We have men-children with a short fuse and no sense of responsibility. That's the problem.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This has nothing to do with race.

I've read of more cases like this than I care to, and it turns my stomach. One of the first such cases I remember was a local one, in which a father beat his months-old daughter to death because her crying interrupted his video games.

We have men-children with a short fuse and no sense of responsibility. That's the problem.
When people don't get raised with social skills and in broken poor homes, well this happens...

Old 10-01-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
You are assuming anyone over the age of six has a brain. As evidenced by this tragedy, this is not always the case.
Hence the "age is just a number" argument

Old 10-02-2018, 04:22 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Most of us learned by the age of 6 not to leave a baby alone in a tub of running water.
No you dont leave a baby at all in water ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events