Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,948,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
First, the group was on a bus. It broke down.

Then, this vehicle was sent.

They were being responsible adults.

One of the victims texted a relative stating the limo was in awful condition before the crash.

Heartbreaking.

Those poor families. I cannot imagine.
Bette, is this information available in the media, or do you know these people personally?

I will agree, when I saw the wrecked vehicle, it appeared to be a real "beater" even before the wreck - not something I would agree to rent. Interesting that this was not in fact, the vehicle they rented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 07:39 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
What are you trying to say, that it didn't really happen?

A mother and father lost four of their children in this crash, along with three sons-in-law. Another mother and father lost their 2 sons, Others also lost their sons and daughters, their sisters and brothers, their friends..,young children lost their parents... It happened.

I don't know why you need to see pictures of the limo. I can't imagine being a first responder to a scene like that, with 18 dead in the limo and 2 pedestrians dead.

You can see part if the limo in this video:
https://www.wjhl.com/news/20-die-whe...728/1507403816
Nobody is saying that it is not tragic.

I agree that it seems strange that among such a large group of young people that there weren't a few survivors.

I've read about accidents about wrong way head on collisions at faster speeds where there are multiple survivors.

Some really bad luck.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Bette, is this information available in the media, or do you know these people personally?

I will agree, when I saw the wrecked vehicle, it appeared to be a real "beater" even before the wreck - not something I would agree to rent. Interesting that this was not in fact, the vehicle they rented.
Looking for other info, I just found that info here - https://www.syracuse.com/state/index...imo_crash.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Nobody is saying that it is not tragic.

I agree that it seems strange that among such a large group of young people that there weren't a few survivors.

I've read about accidents about wrong way head on collisions at faster speeds where there are multiple survivors.

Some really bad luck.
Apparently the limo, which wasn't up to federal code and should not have been driving in NYS, basically failed two inspections if I understand correctly/if info I've seen is correct, went through a T-shaped intersection at (again, if this report is true) roughly 60 mph, then slammed into some trees, and also hit a parked car, which hit and killed two pedestrians. I'm not surprised that everyone died, especially because people don't always wear seat belts in limos. Stretch limos aren't the safest cars in the first place, even if they pass inspection and all wear seatbelts.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:50 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,074,040 times
What ever amount of insurance the company had on the vehicle, I'm certain it's not enough to cover the deaths of 20 people.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:15 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Even plane crashes have survivors. How could EVERYONE die?

Old 10-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,948,343 times
This is SO VERY sad. Reminds me of an air balloon accident that happened in Central Texas a couple years ago.

Everyone died.

Sixteen people died in this crash. It was also suspicious about licensing, and equipment. In this hot air balloon case, the pilot/owner of the company was killed, ending any criminal investigation. Sad.

This really seems like the particulars are quite similar.

https://www.statesman.com/NEWS/20160...-near-Lockhart

Last edited by ClaraC; 10-08-2018 at 08:39 PM..

Old 10-08-2018, 08:24 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,015,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Because they did.

Just as people don't always survive plane crashes, people don't always survive car crashes either.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:34 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,411,860 times
There are a lot of peculiar things about this tragic accident.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:35 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,483,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Uh ... some plane crashes have survivors. And some don't.

The same with automobile crashes. It's a limo. It is likely that none of the passengers were belted in. Is it really a surprise that a crash at 60+ mph where most if not all people (including the driver - it sounds like this company didn't give a rat's ass about regulations) were not wearing seat belts died?

Spoiler
No. It's not.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:45 PM

8,038 posts, read 10,631,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Uh ... some plane crashes have survivors. And some don't.

The same with automobile crashes. It's a limo. It is likely that none of the passengers were belted in. Is it really a surprise that a crash at 60+ mph where most if not all people (including the driver - it sounds like this company didn't give a rat's ass about regulations) were not wearing seat belts died?

Spoiler
No. It's not.
Has it been substantiated that they weren't wearing seat belts? Just wondering. It's horrific. Just awful beyond words. Just seems hard to comprehend I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events