Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 06:21 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,188,965 times

Advertisements

https://abc11.com/society/dad-makes-...ident/4845202/

Matt Cox's 10-year-old daughter, Kirsten, was suspended for bullying another student.

And since it was her second offense, he said it needed to never happen again.

"This is my small way of trying to stop it in my household," Cox told WTVG.

So, he punished his daughter by making her walk five miles to school, over her three-day suspension, in near-freezing temperatures.

"Parents need to hold their kids accountable," Cox said.

Last edited by Eldemila; 12-06-2018 at 07:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 06:55 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
I originally said good for the dad but then recent posts have swayed my mind. They raised a bully and now are disciplining the bully. So on one hand it's good that she has consequences for her actions but on the other hand they need to do something with how they are raising her to stop the root cause. Punishing her by making her walk won't do as much as teaching/raising her properly.

Last edited by Mr_Geek; 12-06-2018 at 08:17 AM..

Old 12-06-2018, 07:15 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,881,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
https://abc11.com/society/dad-makes-...ident/4845202/

Matt Cox's 10-year-old daughter, Kirsten, was suspended for bullying another student.

And since it was her second offense, he said it needed to never happen again.

"This is my small way of trying to stop it in my household," Cox told WTVG.

So, he punished his daughter by making her walk five miles to school, over her three-day suspension, in near-freezing temperatures.

"Parents need to hold their kids accountable," Cox said.
Oh HECKYEAH

Would love to buy this Father a gift and give him a high five.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:25 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
Suspension from what? Certainly not from school since she's walking there. It must be a suspension from riding the school bus? What did she do?

I guess I'd like to know the actual events before I high-five this guy. On the surface it sounds great, but what do we really know. Nothing!

Old 12-06-2018, 08:07 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
The fact that she bullied a kid in the 1st place speaks volume on her upbringing. Not sure how walking to school is going to fix that behavior. Mom and Dad need to be looked at and if they are not the issue then Mon and Dad need to find the source of her behavior.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:11 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The fact that she bullied a kid in the 1st place speaks volume on her upbringing. Not sure how walking to school is going to fix that behavior. Mom and Dad need to be looked at and if they are not the issue then Mon and Dad need to find the source of her behavior.
Exactly.

True to form as is the norm these days with narcissists, daddy posts the video on social media to publicly pat himself on the back (he definitely knew it was going to become 'viral').

I have no idea what walking to school is going to do to fix the problem either.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:30 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,188,965 times
She was suspended from riding the school bus, for the second time, for bullying.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/06/girl-boo...les-to-school/

Matt Cox’s daughter was suspended from riding the school bus Friday because of bullying, WEWS reports.
Cox said his daughter told him that he had to drive her to school the next week, but he decided to teach her lesson instead.

“I realized she viewed the privilege of riding the bus and or car rides to and from school as a right and not a privilege,” Cox said.

On Monday, Cox made his daughter walk five miles to school in 36-degree weather and posted a video on Facebook saying, “Life lessons.”

In the video, Cox said a lot of children today feel the things their parents do for them are a right and not a privilege.

Cox said his daughter was upset when she first started walking on Monday.

During the walk, Cox talked to his daughter about how her actions were the reason she was walking.
He said by the end of the walk, she calmed down and realized that if she hadn’t bullied others she would still be on the bus.

I still applaud the parent, AND the school bus driver who wouldn't put up with this kind of crap, AND the school who carried out the suspension.

For all of those who do not agree with these 3 decisions...what would YOU do if this was YOUR child, how would YOU want to handle this situation??? What would you say if it was YOUR child who was being bullied, and how would YOU want the parent, school and bus driver to of handled it???

So many parents these days want to make excuses for their kids, and their behavior. Friends who are teachers are so fed up with the parents, more so than the kids. Kids these days get away with murder and most have no consequences to their horrible actions, why....parents!

Obviously, some of the comments on this thread came from those who didn't read the full story.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:33 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Exactly.

True to form as is the norm these days with narcissists, daddy posts the video on social media to publicly pat himself on the back (he definitely knew it was going to become 'viral').

I have no idea what walking to school is going to do to fix the problem either.
It's going to **** her off... And the dad posting it with hopes of it going "viral" to make himself feel good... Eh... I can go on about the list of things wrong here.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:16 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,020,744 times
Well, in "olden days" I would say "good for him"! However in the evil days of today with all the freaks and such out there, I hope nothing happens to her while she's walking to school. 5 miles is a minimum of 1 hour of solid walking, and a lot can happen to a girl while she's doing that.

Now that he's posted that for the whole world to see, those sorts of freaks might just grab her and do who knows what with her...

Old 12-06-2018, 09:24 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,714,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Well, in "olden days" I would say "good for him"! However in the evil days of today with all the freaks and such out there, I hope nothing happens to her while she's walking to school. 5 miles is a minimum of 1 hour of solid walking, and a lot can happen to a girl while she's doing that.

Now that he's posted that for the whole world to see, those sorts of freaks might just grab her and do who knows what with her...
He walked with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events