Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 12:33 PM

9,092 posts, read 6,314,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Not sure if men and women who do these kinds of things are products of their upbringing, or if there is some sort of mental decline going on, but people are just nuts today.
I tend to believe it is all due to a combination of socialization and prescription drugs. Of course prescribing drugs is rooted in current socialization techniques.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 01:19 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
I've been reading what everyone said and agree, she may not have believed he was a cop and he really was stupid to have jumped on her car. What did he think she would do? Did he really think she would stop?

Old 12-25-2018, 01:35 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've been reading what everyone said and agree, she may not have believed he was a cop and he really was stupid to have jumped on her car. What did he think she would do? Did he really think she would stop?
He did not jump on her car to stop her, he did it to avoid getting hit.

Same exact thing happened to be a couple decades ago; I was cross the street in a cross walk, and the car that was slowing just hit the gas, I jumped and landed right on the hood and the car lurched forward a little but stopped. That though was an accident, lady thought she hit the brake, hit the gas, then panicked some.

I was just fine. Her hood was caved in though.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:42 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Of course they were, otherwise they would have to admit that the woman in question was something less than a fine, upstanding citizen who did nothing wrong. That would be like, you know, accepting responsibility and all. Can't have that, now can we. It's all a conspiracy, and the police are lying. .
Awwwwwww, but she's a mommy.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:13 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The cop's error or not, is not a factor in this case. She in fact committed a hit a and run, she in fact tried to hit him, then proceeded to continue to drive with him on the car. Everything else is moot.
It is a factor. Again if the cop had just stayed in his car and called 911, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The woman would have been apprehended, charged with hit and run and released. The cop escalated the situation when he got in front of the woman's car.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
He did not jump on her car to stop her, he did it to avoid getting hit.
You just contradicted yourself. First you say he did not, then you say he did. Please think about the situation.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:23 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
First no cop on-duty or off has any business jumping on the hood of any car, under any circumstances. That is clearly not in any police training. If he had an issue with her, he should have called for an on-duty cop to come and conduct a normal traffic stop on her, with red and blue lights. I think she will have a good case arguing that she was in fear for her safety.
She tried to run him down. The hood was his only option vs. getting run over.

You know for a fact that discussions and hypotheticals about making a split-second decision to save your life aren't covered in any police training? Anywhere?

Did he show her a badge? If not, the posters that said anyone can say they're a cop are quite correct. And fake badges are surely a dime a dozen out there in Adventureland.

The fact is she was fleeing from a hit-run. So she already KNEW she was in the wrong.

The family is lucky they didn't get contempt charges. Some judges would have gladly piled on after receiving verbal abuse. Sounds like some people have impulse control and judgement issues.

WHAT is her psychiatric condition and what meds were prescribed and how long has she been on them? What are the side effects? ("Do not drive or operate machinery while taking this medication" might be something to look at.)
Other than impulse control and poor judgement, that is?

Old 12-25-2018, 03:26 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
I think what Cloudy is trying to say is that the off-duty officer in his personal vehicle might have refrained from getting out of his car in the first place.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
She tried to run him down. The hood was his only option vs. getting run over.
Please read my posts. I have already explained what he could have done. Jumping on the hood of a moving car is never the only option, and it is certainly not a good option.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think what Cloudy is trying to say is that the off-duty officer in his personal vehicle might have refrained from getting out of his car in the first place.
And if he did get out of his car anyway, he should have at least refrained from getting in front of her car. The worst possible thing that anyone who witnesses a hit and run can do, is put themselves in front of the suspect's car. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going to happen next. It's better to just stay in your car, call 911, and then follow the suspect if asked to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events