Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 08:01 AM

2,610 posts, read 2,208,984 times

Advertisements

They purchased land to probably try and build another compound like they had in Texas. Hope it gets stopped!!
Seth Jeffs, brother of polygamist cult leader, purchases land for compound on Minnesota's North Shore | City Pages
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 10:01 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,148,753 times
me too cause they are pedofiles plain and simple . Anybody who does not think they are pedofiles you need to look Utah . Utah is full of the compounds and I guess law enforcement just looks the other way . I would be protesting up and down and getting other people to protest with me if they had any idea to build a compound here where I live .Oh yes and let us not forget Texas they seem to love Texas too .

Old 02-18-2019, 10:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,677,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
me too cause they are pedofiles plain and simple . Anybody who does not think they are pedofiles you need to look Utah . Utah is full of the compounds and I guess law enforcement just looks the other way . I would be protesting up and down and getting other people to protest with me if they had any idea to build a compound here where I live .Oh yes and let us not forget Texas they seem to love Texas too .
They probably make deals behind closed doors with the county or city leaders, agreeing to pay/donate money/taxes in return for instructing law enforcement to look the other way, as long as the criminal activity is confined to their property ONLY, they are able to keep it secret and hidden, it also provides plausible deniability for local law enforcement.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:07 PM

13,726 posts, read 12,510,744 times
That's WAY up there, but all the same MN isn't the place I'd go in this country if I wanted to be left alone by the Government.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:52 PM

102,281 posts, read 108,356,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Really? Still? Where are the CPS people? Why doesn't anyone care about the children? How can law enforcement look the other way??!!! Why doesn't anyone care about the trauma those very young teens are experiencing? Wasn't one of the girls that Jeffs "married" only 12 years old?

WTF is wrong with people??! The world has gone mad!

Old 02-18-2019, 01:07 PM

And while we're at it (warning: Ruthie's in rant mode), what about the older wives? How can they sit by and let their younger sisters or nieces, or even their daughters, be sucked into such a marriage? They know what they went through, themselves, as young teens. How could they wish that on a loved one, or anyone else? Sure, some are brainwashed, but I would think some would still have some human compassion left, especially if they endured some horrible scene after being married off to some sleaze-bag, even if he did have social standing in their excuse for a community.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:16 PM

3,880 posts, read 2,388,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And while we're at it (warning: Ruthie's in rant mode), what about the older wives? How can they sit by and let their younger sisters or nieces, or even their daughters, be sucked into such a marriage? They know what they went through, themselves, as young teens. How could they wish that on a loved one, or anyone else? Sure, some are brainwashed, but I would think some would still have some human compassion left, especially if they endured some horrible scene after being married off to some sleaze-bag, even if he did have social standing in their excuse for a community.

This is why it is a cult. This is not a normal group of regular folks who hang out and have chicken dinners. It is a cult.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:20 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,198,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Really? Still? Where are the CPS people? Why doesn't anyone care about the children? How can law enforcement look the other way??!!! Why doesn't anyone care about the trauma those very young teens are experiencing? Wasn't one of the girls that Jeffs "married" only 12 years old?

WTF is wrong with people??! The world has gone mad!
I remember the outrage by certain segments of our society when the authorities raided one of the compounds a few years ago. Big Government they whined.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummage View Post
This is why it is a cult. This is not a normal group of regular folks who hang out and have chicken dinners. It is a cult.
Ah! Right. People don't think straight in cults. That's so sad.

OK, so, back to my other points, since outsiders know it's a cult, why do they look the other way? Again--where is CPS? Why does LE enable the abuse by looking the other way?

On a bright note, did y'all hear that the Pope fired a Cardinal for sex abuse? Way to go, Pope! There's hope, yet.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I remember the outrage by certain segments of our society when the authorities raided one of the compounds a few years ago. Big Government they whined.
Isn't that kinda what government's for? Setting national standards in certain arenas, and enforcing them? Desegregation, child labor laws, etc.?

Who were the "certain segments"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events