Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 9 days ago)

35,958 posts, read 18,264,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Child Protective Services is a joke.

This isn't the first time they returned an abused child back to the abusers.
I'll be curious as to their position on the matter.

It's the judge, not CPS, who makes these decisions and the rumblings on social media state CPS was pleading for the kids not to be returned, but the judge overruled.

I'm sure the truth will be known at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 10:34 AM

22 posts, read 7,327 times
According to Maleah's mother, Brittany, her EX-fiance had abused Maleah in the past; the night before Brittany flew to Massachusetts, the couple had a huge fight and she broke off the engagement--yet she still left this little girl with a man (not related to Maleah at all) from April 30th through May 3rd??

Even more upsetting is that her oldest son (5 years old) was NOT left in the care of Derion Vence. So she made arrangements for one son but left her other two kids with this guy? (Well, the youngest child is Derion's biological son, so maybe she thought he'd spare him).

And it appears that the mother, Brittany, has extended family in the Houston area (including Maleah's maternal grandmother who has been advocating for this child since last July); one of these relatives even picked Brittany up from the airport when Derion failed to show up. So it can't be claimed that, despite numerous relatives living in Houston, Brittany had poor relationships with them and couldn't ask them to watch her two youngest kids for a few days.

Also, Maleah's biological father also lives in the Houston area.

I'm seething over this. She didn't care about this beautiful little girl...not enough to protect her. The news outlets need to stop referring to Derion Vence as Maleah's stepfather. It paints Brittany's actions in a better light, giving credence as to why she would leave her child in his care.

Last edited by Reddit Bot; 05-12-2019 at 10:45 AM..

Old 05-12-2019, 10:39 AM

131,484 posts, read 12,308,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddit Bot View Post
According to Maleah's mother, Brittany, her EX-fiancee had abused Maleah in the past; the night before Brittany flew to Massachusetts, the couple had a huge fight and she broke off the engagement--yet she still left this little girl with a man (not related to Maleah at all) from April 30th through May 3rd??

Even more upsetting is that her oldest son (5 years old) was NOT left in the care of Derion Vence. So she made arrangements for one son but left her other two kids with this guy? (Well, the youngest child is Derion's biological son, so maybe she thought he'd spare him).

And it appears that the mother, Brittany, has extended family in the Houston area (including Maleah's maternal grandmother who has been advocating for this child since last July); one of these relatives even picked Brittany up from the airport when Derion failed to show up. So it can't be claimed that, despite numerous relatives living in Houston, Brittany had poor relationships with them and couldn't ask them to watch her two youngest kids for a few days.

Also, Maleah's biological father also lives in the Houston area.

I'm seething over this. She didn't care about this beautiful little girl...not enough to protect her. The news outlets need to stop referring to Derion Vence as Maleah's stepfather. It paints Brittany's actions in a better light, giving credence as to why she would leave her child in his care.
It is so upsetting to think this tragedy, might have been prevented with a little forethought & love.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:53 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,905,521 times
I wonder if they can even find a body, this was also found in the trunk.

And who dropped him off at the hospital in the same car? The Mom?!

“But despite saying his car was stolen during the abduction, surveillance footage showed someone dropping him off at the hospital on May 5 using that same vehicle, police said.”

Last edited by RbccL; 05-12-2019 at 01:02 PM..

Old 05-12-2019, 12:57 PM

23,928 posts, read 33,790,302 times
Want to post Clara's comment that she posted in the wrong thread. She put it in the 7 week old little girl thread

You really have to read the article to see what they have on the POS. I cant believe how far behind him Maleah is walking. I'd never let my 5 year old grandson walk that far behind me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Very comprehensive article, new video photos. I don't think it matters at this point whether they find this child's remains or not - this seems enough to convict.

https://abc13.com/surveillance-photo...xYPSxLYLCZrprs
Agree. Sounds like they have a lot of blood evidence.

Last edited by Roselvr; 05-12-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 05-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Want to post Clara's comment that she posted in the wrong thread. She put it in the 7 week old little girl thread

You really have to read the article to see what they have on the POS. I cant believe how far behind him Maleah is walking. I'd never let my 5 year old grandson walk that far behind me

Agree. Sounds like they have a lot of blood evidence.
Thanks! Oops. ;D

Old 05-12-2019, 01:29 PM

23,928 posts, read 33,790,302 times
Quote:
Thanks! Oops. ;D
You're welcome. I've done it too

Old 05-12-2019, 01:32 PM

Maybe the mom did it? Just because someone picked her up at the airport doesn’t prove what time she got off of an airplane. If she even went anywhere? Or before she left.

Last edited by RbccL; 05-12-2019 at 01:43 PM..

Old 05-12-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Maybe the mom did it? Just because someone picked her up at the airport doesn’t prove what time she got off of an airplane. If she even went anywhere? Or before she left.
If you look at the article posted today, you'll see photo evidence that Maleah went into Vince's apartment on Friday, and never came out again.

What came out, was Vence, his own son, and a laundry basket containing a large black garbage bag.

I really don't see how he can possibly get away without being charged with her murder.

She didn't leave that apartment alive, and he was the one who was in there with her.

Additionally, I'm sure LE has checked with the airline to see if Brittany was actually on the flight.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
If you look at the article posted today, you'll see photo evidence that Maleah went into Vince's apartment on Friday, and never came out again.

What came out, was Vence, his own son, and a laundry basket containing a large black garbage bag.

I really don't see how he can possibly get away without being charged with her murder.

She didn't leave that apartment alive, and he was the one who was in there with her.

Additionally, I'm sure LE has checked with the airline to see if Brittany was actually on the flight.
She was home the day the footage was captured, maybe the footage is not from them on the way home from the airport, the one yea-old isn’t with, he could be in the apartment with the mother. Maybe she took off after it happened... I think she’s putting on an act.

Maleah was abducted wearing a light blue jacket and jeans, if this is supposed to be a video of her coming home after the airport, why is she wearing a pink tutu? Seems like her mom didn’t think there’d be a video...

Last edited by RbccL; 05-12-2019 at 06:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events