Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 08:09 PM

859 posts, read 708,217 times

Advertisements

Did they find the girl?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 08:21 PM

26,198 posts, read 21,675,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
Did they find the girl?
No, not yet

Old 05-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,759 posts, read 18,101,092 times
A little more from Quannel X.

And the last line of this article is illuminating. Vence's mother has spoken to him twice since his arrest, and the subject of where the child is didn't come up.

https://www.insideedition.com/mom-ma...son-says-53313

Old 05-31-2019, 01:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

It seems her remains have been located; or are about to be located. The live stream says something else that's not printed in the article.

Quannel X said Vence told him where the body was located, at about the same time landscapers apparently located her in Arkansas.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...c-b46921c0769b

Old 05-31-2019, 03:15 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,316,431 times
That little girl deserved so much better.

A lawn crew found a bag with blood three days ago picking up trash. They reported it. The supervisor said leave it. A lawnmower ran over it.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:01 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,935,341 times
Heartbreaking that anyone would mistreat an innocent little child so horribly.

The remains are those of a child, and will be flown back to Houston tonight. Some clothing or scraps of clothing were also found (the memory of Maleah in her little pink tutu over her other clothes is haunting - it was what she wore in the last film of her), which also will be helpful in determining gender (of course DNA also will do this, but clothing is quicker, if not absolute) identification and timing. An autopsy will reveal more and will certainly confirm identification, as Maleah's DNA was previously obtained as part of the investigation.

I have a troubling idea I can't seem to lose, that the little pink tutu may have been with Maleah's remains...

I hope it's not too late to determine the cause of her death, and hope her death was mercifully quick. Another severe blow to the head is likely, given her history and the amount of blood noted...even small scalp injuries can bleed profusely, but I suspect this was no small injury. If this occurred, I hope the initial blow left Maleah unconscious and unaware of what was happening to her.

No doubt Maleah suffered a lot of pain and confusion prior to her fatal injury, as she was removed - sadly, not permanently removed - from her mother and Vence by CPS - but then returned to them, regardless of the severe brain injury she had suffered previously under their "care". I hope Maleah's two brothers never are placed with the mother ever again, and that her part in this tragic crime will be made clear and dealt with accordingly.

Beautiful little girl. I hope her spirit is with that of her new playmate, Lizzy Shelley, and that both little girls are having a blast.

Rest in peace, beautiful little girls, no one can ever hurt or frighten you again...

Last edited by CraigCreek; 05-31-2019 at 08:10 PM..

Old 06-01-2019, 07:29 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,687,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It seems her remains have been located; or are about to be located. The live stream says something else that's not printed in the article.

Quannel X said Vence told him where the body was located, at about the same time landscapers apparently located her in Arkansas.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/cr...c-b46921c0769b
Thankful her remains were found.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:25 PM

Interesting that they flew the remains back to Texas, but they haven't positively identified them as Maleah yet.

Old 06-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Interesting that they flew the remains back to Texas, but they haven't positively identified them as Maleah yet.
I know, but when they say "positively" that's a legal term that means beyond a reasonable doubt.

This is grisly, but anyone looking in that sack and seeing a small black child with that long curly hair, in a black plastic bag that we all saw the perp carry her from the apartment in, recovered from the vicinity where he now states he dumped her remains, it's all academic.

Everyone knows it's her.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I know, but when they say "positively" that's a legal term that means beyond a reasonable doubt.

This is grisly, but anyone looking in that sack and seeing a small black child with that long curly hair, in a black plastic bag that we all saw the perp carry her from the apartment in, recovered from the vicinity where he now states he dumped her remains, it's all academic.

Everyone knows it's her.
I know. I thought they would complete the dna first as a formality.

I think mom will probably be charged as some sort of accessory. She may not have known where the body was, but I think she withheld information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events