Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 12:29 PM

11,024 posts, read 7,913,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkypeanut View Post
If you don't get it, then you are a part of what is wrong with society today.
No. What "is wrong with society today" is people taking personal decisions away from others under the guise of knowing what is right for them. Gone are the days where sexual ideas must be hidden away. No one is being forced to use, or even accept such products. How about you puritans recognize that the athletes involved are adults, perfectly capable of making decisions on their own to decide to keep or get rid of anything in their goodie bags.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:36 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,127,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yeah...we know guys use 'em - but are they given out as tournament prizes...not as gag gifts? They kinda make me gag, I know that.
There's a joke in here somewhere...

Old 05-25-2019, 03:31 PM

15,602 posts, read 10,616,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
No. What "is wrong with society today" is people taking personal decisions away from others under the guise of knowing what is right for them. Gone are the days where sexual ideas must be hidden away. No one is being forced to use, or even accept such products. How about you puritans recognize that the athletes involved are adults, perfectly capable of making decisions on their own to decide to keep or get rid of anything in their goodie bags.
NO, it's about respect. You want finger nail polish and curlers for trophies too? Most of these women work a life time to perfect their abilities. For shame.

Old 05-25-2019, 03:48 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,625,206 times
Hm.

When I was a kid, we would be doing whatever not good or not doing whatever we were supposed to, and my mom would say something once, twice... eventually my mom would be screaming.

And we would be baffled and ask, "Geez, ok...why you gotta yell about it?!"

And she would say, "If I don't yell, you don't listen."

Next time you think, "Geez! Relax!!! Overreacting! Blah blah blah," think about how many times the message was likely given to you nicely, calmly, etc, and you didn't listen.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:50 PM

20,714 posts, read 16,525,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I don't know if it's "sexist" because I don't know what the men got.

The overreacting was ridiculous. Three of them resigned? Really?

And the only thing you should say when you get any gift, is Thank you.

Much ado about nothing.
Crazy - if someone gave you big pile of shyte for a "gift" do you feel obligated to say thank you? Oh, you might be a bit insulted?

Old 05-25-2019, 04:53 PM

20,714 posts, read 16,525,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Honestly, what's the big deal? Okay so maybe it's not for everyone. They could just graciously thank the hosts for the prizes, and pass them on to some relative or friend who needs them. Frankly it sounds like these uptight sore winners could benefit from a little "relaxation".
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Oh my - certainly...and let's give the men some prostate "massagers" and pegging accessories...mmmmm hmmmmmm.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:59 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,082,334 times
Why can't the prize be some nice new equipment for the sport or something, or a voucher to buy new athletic wear at Nike? Some top of the line brand that sponsors the event? The waxing set is nice, I guess for some women (not me, I don't wax myself), but why give these types of personal items that some women may not even use? The best item I see in that picture is the foot exfoliator - it's pretty generic, less personal than a vibrator or what method one chooses to rid of body hair. Those are the types of things people may want to pick out themselves and not be given, especially not as a "prize" for a sports competition or event. What the hell kind of prize is that - here, some wax for your leg or pubic hair or whatever and a vibrator for your personal sexy time? I mean, what? Thanks, I guess? Cool sports event...?

It is not prudish or anything to think this is odd and inappropriate, and that the women shouldn't just accept it, say thanks, and give it away if they don't want it. Come on. It's not like these are prize t-shirts or water bottles they don't want to wear or use, 2 of these 3 items were pretty personal, and one isn't prudish to merely point that out.

Last edited by JerseyGirl415; 05-25-2019 at 05:09 PM..

Old 05-25-2019, 05:13 PM

893 posts, read 519,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
NO, it's about respect. You want finger nail polish and curlers for trophies too? Most of these women work a life time to perfect their abilities. For shame.
That's right Elan! You tell NuttyKoko!

Old 05-25-2019, 05:33 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,105,418 times
A professional squash athlete, lol? Okay...

I never realized that someone could get paid for a full professional season of squash play. Like a professional football player might.

Squash is making bid and hoping to get accepted for the 2024 Olympics. Its not accepted as of yet.

It will be interesting to see how a device designed for women being given out as a prize to women is found to be sexist and discriminatory. I could see if the vibrator and waxing set were prizes bought by a woman and given to men professional squash athletes could be considered sexist.

The only way to discriminate is to not allow someone to play. Were any of the women that played told that they couldn't, lol? Were they given blow up dolls as prizes?

Its really ridiculous, and I hope the incident isn't used as a reason to keep squash out of the Olympics.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:54 PM

19,482 posts, read 15,382,172 times
I realize aspects of society keep progressing and progressing, and they always will, but if anyone, I don't care who they are or what the occasion is, gives me as a prize for ANYTHING a personal stimulator for sexual satisfaction... You think it's so funny and you can't comprehend that you don't just suggest that to people? BRAINdead.

EDIT: I said anyone and under any occasion. You know, bachelorette's and that kind of thing, okay, of course. I was talking about professional situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hm.

When I was a kid, we would be doing whatever not good or not doing whatever we were supposed to, and my mom would say something once, twice... eventually my mom would be screaming.

And we would be baffled and ask, "Geez, ok...why you gotta yell about it?!"

And she would say, "If I don't yell, you don't listen."

Next time you think, "Geez! Relax!!! Overreacting! Blah blah blah," think about how many times the message was likely given to you nicely, calmly, etc, and you didn't listen.
Yeah, that's a good point. And by that time, it's usually too late anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Crazy - if someone gave you big pile of shyte for a "gift" do you feel obligated to say thank you? Oh, you might be a bit insulted?
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events