Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 09:12 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,951,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Calling a vibrator a 'feature of everyday life' is not disagreeing. It's ludicrous.

A tv, a cell phone, and a microwave are features of everyday life. If a plastic phallus was a feature of everyday life, then people would display them around the house, and we'd hear things like, 'oh hey, Midge, could you hand me that *****? I need to stroke a few out,' on the regular.

Here's a tip: if it's not a universal gift, i.e. something you could not comfortably give to your mother-in-law, your favorite niece, or your daughter, then it isn't appropriate. This really isn't that complicated.
Whether you like it or not, probably every household has a vibrator. Would I give one to my mother-in-law, my niece, or my daughter? No! But those gals probably weren't related to the host at that competition. It was a light hearted gift, probably inappropriate, but hardly "offensive".

Old 05-28-2019, 09:29 AM

10,111 posts, read 6,455,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Whether you like it or not, probably every household has a vibrator. Would I give one to my mother-in-law, my niece, or my daughter? No! But those gals probably weren't related to the host at that competition. It was a light hearted gift, probably inappropriate, but hardly "offensive".
I tell you what. Next time you go to your local diner, leave your friendly waitress a vibrator as a tip instead of cash. She'll let you know exactly how "offensive" it is as opposed to "light hearted".
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events