Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 09:27 AM

6,741 posts, read 5,988,977 times

Advertisements

Vibrators aren't only used for sexual stimulation. They work great on feet, backs, shoulders, etc.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:05 AM

88,869 posts, read 85,336,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Vibrators aren't only used for sexual stimulation. They work great on feet, backs, shoulders, etc.
Huh.

Who knew.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:40 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,395,092 times
Quote:
Honestly, what's the big deal? Okay so maybe it's not for everyone. They could just graciously thank the hosts for the prizes, and pass them on to some relative or friend who needs them. Frankly it sounds like these uptight sore winners could benefit from a little "relaxation".
You're joking, right?
Totally inappropriate. Not remotely professional.
Someone needs to be fired.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:25 PM

16,378 posts, read 10,522,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Well I can repeat myself too - I'm pretty sure they had a chance to review the prizes before they competed. Most tournaments advertise the prizes before signup for the tournament. It's actually rather tacky to get offended after the fact. If I'm truly offended I would refuse to compete.

Again, they are considering making squash an Olympian Sport for 2024. I hope this doesn't prove to make its prospectus too controversial.

I might be more agreeable if the prize was a real sex toy only found in adult stores - like a strap on or something.
Your line of thinking is just so bizarre, even for the internet. Let's break it down step by step:

1. Are prizes typically reviewed before the competition? I highly doubt it. And even if they were what are you suggesting? The player see the gift, pack their bags and go home? Are you serious? They came to compete, not for the prizes obviously. What an amazingly stupid suggestion.

2. The only controversy here is the prize, I have no idea why you are bringing the Olympics into this debate. They award with medals, they don't hand out sex toys to the winner.

3. You are focusing on the difference between a vibrator and a strap on for reasons only known to you. Get it through your head, both are inappropriate. Again would you expect to see either at an office party give away? Of course not. Why? Because they are both inappropriate and unprofessional given the situation. This is no different.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 05-27-2019 at 02:46 PM..

Old 05-27-2019, 02:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,906,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Your line of thinking is just so bizarre, even for the internet. Let's break it down step by step:

1. Are prizes typically reviewed before the competition? I highly doubt it. And even if they were what are you suggesting? The player see the gift, pack their bags and go home? Are you serious? They came to compete, not for the prizes obviously. What an amazingly stupid suggestion.

2. The only controversy here is the prize, I have no idea why you are bringing the Olympics into this debate.

3. You are focusing on the difference between a vibrator and a blow up doll for reasons only known to you. Get it through your head, both are inappropriate. Again would you expect to see either at an office party give away? Of course not. Why? Because they are both inappropriate and unprofessional given the situation. This is no different.
^Cant give you any more rep just now, DaveinMtAiry.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
And I'm sure a blow up doll can be used as a pillow. But that does not change the problem here.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
^Cant give you any more rep just now, DaveinMtAiry.
I honestly have no idea why this is even debatable. This place is so damned strange some days.

The suggestion that the athletes go home and forfeit the tournament may be the dumbest thing I have read here in a long time, and that's saying something. They are supposed to give up their chance to compete, check out of the hotel, change their travel arrangements and travel home because some clowns thought a sex toy would be a good gift? That's nothing sort of crazy. Why should they punish themselves over someone else's stupidity?

No they handled it perfectly. Win the thing, then express their displeasure over this gift.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 05-27-2019 at 02:45 PM..

Old 05-27-2019, 02:54 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,049,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I honestly have no idea why this is even debatable. This place is so damned strange some days.

The suggestion that the athletes go home and forfeit the tournament may be the dumbest thing I have read here in a long time, and that's saying something. They are supposed to give up their chance to compete, check out of the hotel, change their travel arrangements and travel home because some clowns thought a sex toy would be a good gift? That's nothing sort of crazy. Why should they punish themselves over someone else's stupidity?

No they handled it perfectly. Win the thing, then express their displeasure over this gift.
I truly don't understand why people think this isn't a big deal and the women should just shut up, either.

One would think it's universally obvious that providing a vibrator as a prize or anything else for a professional event, whether sport or work-related, is not appropriate. The fact that people are trying to turn this on the women and claiming they are wrong in some way is just absurd.

Old 05-27-2019, 03:40 PM

6,741 posts, read 5,988,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I truly don't understand why people think this isn't a big deal and the women should just shut up, either.

One would think it's universally obvious that providing a vibrator as a prize or anything else for a professional event, whether sport or work-related, is not appropriate. The fact that people are trying to turn this on the women and claiming they are wrong in some way is just absurd.
They are wrong. They should be the grownups in the room, laugh at the silly "gifts", and move on. They're professional athletes, not school children.

Old 05-27-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
They are wrong. They should be the grownups in the room, laugh at the silly "gifts", and move on. They're professional athletes, not school children.
No you would be the one who is wrong. And judging from the number or reps I have received from this thread most agree with me and not your position. Who are you to dictate how an offensive gift should be received? It wasn't "silly" it was unprofessional and inappropriate.

I see stupid does not take holidays off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events