Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 04:06 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,116,742 times

Advertisements

Too bad the same committee didn't give all the male athletes penis enlargement machines. Make your tiny penis bigger with a vacuum pump in 30 days.

I'm sure the men would have been gracious, said thank you, and given the gift away to someone who needs it.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:10 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,948,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Too bad the same committee didn't give all the male athletes penis enlargement machines. Make your tiny penis bigger with a vacuum pump in 30 days.

I'm sure the men would have been gracious, said thank you, and given the gift away to someone who needs it.
That would only make sense if the women had been given coupons for boob jobs.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
They are wrong. They should be the grownups in the room, laugh at the silly "gifts", and move on. They're professional athletes, not school children.
How they "should" respond to an insulting "gift" isn't your call. And you got it backwards. School children would have laughed at the silly gifts.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:02 PM

26,194 posts, read 21,615,454 times
Quote:
They are wrong. They should be the grownups in the room, laugh at the silly "gifts", and move on. They're professional athletes, not school children.
You clearly aren’t responsible for managing people for a living or should I say shouldn’t be responsible ? What happened here isn’t acceptable outside of a bachelorette party and anyone with common sense should easy figure that out in a split second

Old 05-27-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
How they "should" respond to an insulting "gift" isn't your call. And you got it backwards. School children would have laughed at the silly gifts.
A sex toy would be highly inappropriate for actual school children. What are you, crazy? You can't give that stuff to a kid. Now, to an adult... why not? Turn on the TV or Netflix and nearly every commercial, every drama or comedy or talk show features scantily clad ladies and sex, sex, sex. Why would people be suddenly so puritanical over something that is essentially a feature of everyday life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
You clearly aren’t responsible for managing people for a living or should I say shouldn’t be responsible ? What happened here isn’t acceptable outside of a bachelorette party and anyone with common sense should easy figure that out in a split second
You clearly aren't a diplomat or should I say shouldn't be a diplomat. What happened here is just some little thing that happened, inappropriate perhaps, but the athletes didn't have to have a hissy fit about it. Anyone with common sense should easily figure that out in a split second.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Quote:
A sex toy would be highly inappropriate for actual school children. What are you, crazy? You can't give that stuff to a kid. Now, to an adult... why not?
You're the one who brought school children into the discussion, genius. SMH.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:21 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,581,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
2. The only controversy here is the prize, I have no idea why you are bringing the Olympics into this debate. They award with medals, they don't hand out sex toys to the winner.
i'm imagining the medal ceremony at the podium and they place gold/silver/bronze vibrators around the winners necks while they play the national antham of the winning country.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:28 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,005,331 times
Quote:
A sex toy would be highly inappropriate for actual school children. What are you, crazy? You can't give that stuff to a kid. Now, to an adult... why not? Turn on the TV or Netflix and nearly every commercial, every drama or comedy or talk show features scantily clad ladies and sex, sex, sex. Why would people be suddenly so puritanical over something that is essentially a feature of everyday life?

You clearly aren't a diplomat or should I say shouldn't be a diplomat. What happened here is just some little thing that happened, inappropriate perhaps, but the athletes didn't have to have a hissy fit about it. Anyone with common sense should easily figure that out in a split second.
You really must be trolling.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:14 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,399,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I truly don't understand why people think this isn't a big deal and the women should just shut up, either.

One would think it's universally obvious that providing a vibrator as a prize or anything else for a professional event, whether sport or work-related, is not appropriate. The fact that people are trying to turn this on the women and claiming they are wrong in some way is just absurd.
And this is from a completely different perspective....but how PERSONAL is a vibrator?! Do I want a vibrator picked out by a stranger? Something I'm supposedly gonna use on MY privates for MY pleasure? Geeezzzzus, besides being a disgustingly inappropriate prize it is also something not likely to be what anyone would pick for themselves. So, it is both inappropriate and has a 99% chance of being completely unappreciated. So, how practical is that for a "grab bag" type item?! I guess guys think all vibrators are created equal?...yeah, that's why there are a bazillion different kinds. It fails on so many levels...smh.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
You really must be trolling.
Disagreeing is not the same as trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events