Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 08:40 AM

745 posts, read 480,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
I don't think that it compares to the color of one's clothes. Not that I would have walked out of the restaurant because she was so slovenly dressed baring herself that time, but I'd certainly think what a bad dresser she was in such poor 'taste.' I might not keep going back if someone dressed like that and I saw them there on a regular basis. On the other hand, when you look at the way some "high society" folks dress, you gotta wonder -- they might as well go naked, even at cultured events. But thanks for the reminder -- yes, I'd avoid a place where I felt I would not be comfortable.
I was using "color" as an example basically to ask "What criteria of someone's appearance could a customer complain about that would cause a manager to kick another customer out of their restaurant?" I am guessing the manager kicked her out simply to satisfy the customer who complained, regardless of how silly that complaint was.

I guess it's a good thing I wasn't the manager. My reply to the complainer would have been: "But, how is the food?" "It is OK?, good then eat it and don't worry about the other customer."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 08:43 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
this non issue is only an issue because the woman was overweight. if she had been thinner, Golden Corral wouldn't have hassled her. And this is Golden Corral for goodness sake, an all you can eat joint that isn't in the top tier of culinary establishments..oh the irony!

Old 06-06-2019, 09:02 AM

43,146 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Nobody knows why the manager asked her to cover up and when she wouldn't then ask her to leave.
And this was after she had went up to the buffet and got food.

So all anyone has to go on is that she got "kicked out" and she claimed it was discrimination because she was fat.

Without knowing the "other side of the story" the internet mob has immediately jumped on the bandwagon defending this victim.

Happens time and time again.

Meanwhile victim got some free passes to Golden Corral and has disappeared as a happy camper.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,517,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
She seems to be making a point that this restaurant had no female managers, but most female posters here are agreeing that her outfit is not flattering. She, however, thought she looked cute in the top and wore it because her husband encouraged her to. Personally I think the shorts are worse than the top.

Oh well ...
Since when are public services granted based on random people thinking ones outfit is flattering or not? People with "unflattering" outfits can't eat in a public restaurant?

Also, it doesn't matter one bit if female posters here on CD don't like her outfit. None of that has anything to do with public accommodations.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:27 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Nobody knows why the manager asked her to cover up and when she wouldn't then ask her to leave.
And this was after she had went up to the buffet and got food.

So all anyone has to go on is that she got "kicked out" and she claimed it was discrimination because she was fat.

Without knowing the "other side of the story" the internet mob has immediately jumped on the bandwagon defending this victim.

Happens time and time again.

Meanwhile victim got some free passes to Golden Corral and has disappeared as a happy camper.
LOL you know as much about the story as we do, yet have formed an opinion. You're no different than the rest of us haha.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:37 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
I remember when:
Mom and Dad always said, when you’re out of the house you don’t want to embarrass yourself, your family or others with what you say or do; so clean up your act and show how proud we are of you.

There are things that are out of your control and this gal seems to have issues that need to be addressed, somehow there were lessons in life that she missed.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:44 AM

4,993 posts, read 5,296,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Ewww, why would she go out dressed like that in the first place? What happened to self respect?
It may just be a lack of self awareness. Anyone else ever gotten out of the house looking less than their best? She took that picture of herself in front of a top only mirror. That bathroom was probably a public place, but what does she have at home? She may need a full length mirror and better lighting so she can see the overall effect of how she looks. She may straightened out her top and shorts before she took the picture. Clothes sometimes crawl. The other customer and store manager may have had a different view than the one she is seeing. That outfit may not have covered what she thinks it does.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:51 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,021,742 times
Golden Corral is nothing but a hog trough. They'd have to come UP quite a ways to meet the standards of a old Ponderosa restaurant.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:54 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,036,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I remember when:
Mom and Dad always said, when you’re out of the house you don’t want to embarrass yourself, your family or others with what you say or do; so clean up your act and show how proud we are of you.

There are things that are out of your control and this gal seems to have issues that need to be addressed, somehow there were lessons in life that she missed.

That may or may not be true. But what does that have to do with going out to eat at a basic casual restaurant?

Old 06-06-2019, 10:28 AM

17,214 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
That may or may not be true. But what does that have to do with going out to eat at a basic casual restaurant?
I am often asked what the biggest culture shock was for me (and my sister) when we moved here, to the U.S., particularly, the South. Our biggest was how little pride people took in their appearance when stepping out of the house, unless it was to a nightclub or something. You don't have to 'dress up' to go to Walmart, but at the very least, look decent. People in pajamas in the store seem to be the norm. Fat people with rolls hanging out of their shirt... Etc.

I'm sorry but, I wouldn't go out to eat at even McD's or Denny's with a woman dressed like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events