Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 08:10 AM

51,156 posts, read 24,624,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDER04 View Post
From a legal standpoint, I don't know if Golden Corral was right or wrong. I do know that I wouldn't have gone with this young lady to a restaurant dressed in that outfit. I would have given a reason she and the rest of the group needed to go on without me. Never would I have embarrassed her in any way, but to be seen with her in public would be embarrassing for me.
That's a good way to put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 08:20 AM

11,218 posts, read 9,847,425 times
The problem may not have been her top. Her raggedy cut offs were probably allowing butt cheek to show. She's dressed for a day at the beach, not a restaurant. She's going out to celebrate a birthday, drives an hour away from home, but wears clothes that are too small and too revealing, and raggedy. I wouldn't have complained to anyone, but I agree that she isn't dressed appropriately for going out to eat at anything but a McDonalds or Dairy Queen.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:24 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,176,996 times
I really was not expecting much, but clicking to see the photo was worth it.

This is why schools have to have dress codes for parents now. Some people can't look in a mirror and SEE what the rest of the world sees.

Sure, it's not a jacket-and-tie place, but I don't see why Golden Corral can't reserve the right to refuse service on whatever (legal) basis they choose like a lot of restaurants do. Remember "No shirt, no shoes, no service"?

Old 06-05-2019, 08:26 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,328,440 times
The crop top doesn't fit right and the shorts and her hair aren't doing her any favors either. You have to be in decent physical shape and smaller breasted for that top to look ok. I was a decently in shape teenager and tops like that never fit me right even with a strapless bra. The shorts are too short for many thinner women. Most people don't want to look at a flabby belly or legs. The hair looks uncombed. The outfit is way too casual. I'm not a tattoo fan, but if you dress in a flattering manner, people ignore those.

I understand wanting to look sexy. She can, but she either has to lose weight or pick clothes that flatter the body she has. She may have to look a little harder, but there are clothes tailored for heavier women. She could have chosen a nice feminine tank made of a floaty material and a tailored short with a little more length. Pair that with a cute sandal and fix her hair a little. Her outfit would have been pretty and flattering.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:28 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,953,354 times
You see much worse at Walmart stores regarding dress code.

Actually I thought Golden Corral like most restaurants had a dress code of what would be considered reasonable. From looking at her picture that she took in the mirror of a restroom, I’m inclined to believe it was simply a “bad hair†day that she was having and nothing to do with dress code.

Many other customers at Golden Corral may have lost their appetite and left before finishing their meals.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:32 AM

2,515 posts, read 1,706,735 times
Golden corral did her a favor by tossing her out. Ate at one once and swore I'd never return again. And I haven't.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:33 AM

43,532 posts, read 18,601,835 times
Over the years society as a whole has been getting more casual.
And that's ok. Who wants to dress up in their "Sunday best" to take an airplane trip ?
But...we as a society forgot to draw the line.
Where does casual end and "X" begin ? ...fill in X with too sloppy, too provocative, too gross, etc.

Business is going to have to put their foot down at some point and say enough is enough.
Come back when you know how to dress properly.

And as Birdie pointed out schools are putting dress codes in place for parents for when the parents come to school.

How bad does it have to get before more folks get on board ?
What if the woman in the article showed up in a thong bathing suit ? Would those defending her in this thread do it again ?

Old 06-05-2019, 08:41 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,808,859 times
Sorry, I don't see it being provocative. Everyone is remarking on her looks. Her top is too tight, too small, she shouldn't be wearing that, she was kicked out because they were afraid she would eat everything.

If a think girl walked in wearing that outfit, $20 bucks she wouldn't have been kicked out.

The outfit doesn't do the girl any favors, but that has nothing to do with getting kicked out.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:42 AM

2,260 posts, read 4,769,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Over the years society as a whole has been getting more casual.
And that's ok. Who wants to dress up in their "Sunday best" to take an airplane trip ?
But...we as a society forgot to draw the line.
Where does casual end and "X" begin ? ...fill in X with too sloppy, too provocative, too gross, etc.

Business is going to have to put their foot down at some point and say enough is enough.
Come back when you know how to dress properly.

And as Birdie pointed out schools are putting dress codes in place for parents for when the parents come to school.

How bad does it have to get before more folks get on board ?
What if the woman in the article showed up in a thong bathing suit ? Would those defending her in this thread do it again ?
Totally agree, but it seems anytime someone is called out about how they dress in public you shaming that person somehow and it becomes a PR nightmare. I never understood why people who expect society to take them seriously, but can't manage to function like adults in public.
I'm betting dollars to donuts that every time she bent over while grazing she put on a show for the whole restaurant

Old 06-05-2019, 08:48 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,176,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Sorry, I don't see it being provocative. Everyone is remarking on her looks. Her top is too tight, too small, she shouldn't be wearing that, she was kicked out because they were afraid she would eat everything.

If a think girl walked in wearing that outfit, $20 bucks she wouldn't have been kicked out.

The outfit doesn't do the girl any favors, but that has nothing to do with getting kicked out.
Yeah, the thread is quickly just becoming a pile-on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events