Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 11:41 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,303,835 times

Advertisements

She posted an update on her Facebook page. Not sure if I'm allowed to cut and paste that.

Basically she got an apology from someone, people will be retrained, and she gets gift cards... and she believes she is making the world a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 11:42 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Daily Mail of course has more info and pix:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ocatively.html

Another customer had complained about her, and their policy is that if a customer complains, they address the complaint.

She seems to be making a point that this restaurant had no female managers, but most female posters here are agreeing that her outfit is not flattering. She, however, thought she looked cute in the top and wore it because her husband encouraged her to. Personally I think the shorts are worse than the top.

Oh well ...

Old 06-05-2019, 11:50 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,851,601 times
Maybe she didn't look like that when she came in and ate so much she bursted out of her clothes.

Yes, she would kill the appetites of patrons so they should only allow diners to view her after they've paid since it's all you can eat. Then GC's profits would go up.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:57 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,622,760 times
I wouldn't have complained to the manager.

That said, fat or thin, she was showing too much skin for a sit-down restaurant.

In my other life, I work with youngsters on appropriate dress and grooming for the workplace and beyond. I will use that photo in my class this fall. I'm sure it will spark some discussion.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:07 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post

I will use that photo in my class this fall.
Really???

How old are these youngsters?

Old 06-05-2019, 12:36 PM

43,194 posts, read 18,353,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
She posted an update on her Facebook page. Not sure if I'm allowed to cut and paste that.

Basically she got an apology from someone, people will be retrained, and she gets gift cards... and she believes she is making the world a better place.
Social media pressure is causing many businesses to do that now.
The power of mob mentality is strong. We have read what it can do so now companies are quick to compensate the victim so that it doesn't snowball.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:43 PM

745 posts, read 481,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDER04 View Post
From a legal standpoint, I don't know if Golden Corral was right or wrong. I do know that I wouldn't have gone with this young lady to a restaurant dressed in that outfit. I would have given a reason she and the rest of the group needed to go on without me. Never would I have embarrassed her in any way, but to be seen with her in public would be embarrassing for me.
I'd say they were right from a legal standpoint. I believe they can ask a customer to leave anytie they want. However, I'm certainly no legal expert and especially not on PA law.

From a common sense and business standpoint, the manager failed in asking her to leave. Apparently they have no dress code and if they will kick a customer out just because one other customer complains, they need some brain surgery. What if she or another customer was more covered up, but a customer simply complained about the color of their clothes?

Some of these businesses act like the sky will fall if they don't do exactly what every customer wants. It's OK to say "no" sometimes.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:47 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,264,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
"Eerie, PA"? Really, Yahoo?
I noticed that, too. You gotta wonder...Very eerie.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:53 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,264,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSeniorinNJ View Post
I'd say they were right from a legal standpoint. I believe they can ask a customer to leave anytie they want. However, I'm certainly no legal expert and especially not on PA law.

From a common sense and business standpoint, the manager failed in asking her to leave. Apparently they have no dress code and if they will kick a customer out just because one other customer complains, they need some brain surgery. What if she or another customer was more covered up, but a customer simply complained about the color of their clothes?

Some of these businesses act like the sky will fall if they don't do exactly what every customer wants. It's OK to say "no" sometimes.
I don't think that it compares to the color of one's clothes. Not that I would have walked out of the restaurant because she was so slovenly dressed baring herself that time, but I'd certainly think what a bad dresser she was in such poor 'taste.' I might not keep going back if someone dressed like that and I saw them there on a regular basis. On the other hand, when you look at the way some "high society" folks dress, you gotta wonder -- they might as well go naked, even at cultured events. But thanks for the reminder -- yes, I'd avoid a place where I felt I would not be comfortable.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:05 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,822,880 times
Ewww, why would she go out dressed like that in the first place? What happened to self respect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events