Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 06:12 PM

863 posts, read 1,201,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
People dress ugly (according to MY aethetics) all the time. It's a temporary issue. There are lots of solutions. I can ask for a different table so I don't have to see it, I can choose to ignore, I can choose to look at my lunch or dinner companion instead of looking around at everyone else...

But what the what that I don't like what someone's wearing? ESPECIALLY some stranger that I will likely never see again? PFFFTTT. Who made ME the fashion police? Who made ME the emperor of the world?

I agree. You can't arbitrarily enforce taste or style. A quick trip to most local Walmarts and you'll see much worse. I'm surprised so many people are focusing on her size and poor taste in clothing rather than her basic right as a person to "do her own thing" as long as it's harming no one and acting within posted "rules".

Now if she was stinking to high heaven, that would be an excuse to show her a door. The fact that she offends somebody's eyes, well that's just too freaking bad.

Pajamas in public, guys wearing speedos, huge people that have no business wearing Lycra, the comb over on balding men, man buns, eyebrow piercings, socks with sandals......I don't particularly like any of those things. However, if I stopped doing business with all the people who don't dress, speak or think like I do, my customer base would be mighty small.

I don't particularly like what the woman was wearing either but if we were all the same, life would get pretty boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 06:37 PM

3,453 posts, read 2,846,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Yep.

Plus, her selfie shows her standing up. What happens when she bends over? Inevitable butt cheek and a view down her top to her navel.

There's just not enough cloth there to cover this heifer. Is her name Spring? 'Cause she's bustin' out all over.
I love when women put other women down. It makes them look so much better than those that they cast judgmental comments about. Trust me, calling a woman a heifer doesn't make you look good, or classy or better than the person you are putting down.

Guess what ya'll, fat people can lose weight; ugly, nasty, judgmental people generally can't change. They like to look down on others.

I have a live and let live attitude (except when people are exceptionally ugly and think they are superior to other people), so if I saw this girl at Golden Corral, I would have glanced at her and went on with my life.

So many are quick to call others snowflakes when they want to insult someone, but apparently they are the snowflakes because they are so offended by an overweight young lady in clothing they personally don't approve of.

Last edited by goldenlove; 06-05-2019 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-05-2019, 07:43 PM

20,714 posts, read 16,495,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
The problem may not have been her top. Her raggedy cut offs were probably allowing butt cheek to show. She's dressed for a day at the beach, not a restaurant. She's going out to celebrate a birthday, drives an hour away from home, but wears clothes that are too small and too revealing, and raggedy. I wouldn't have complained to anyone, but I agree that she isn't dressed appropriately for going out to eat at anything but a McDonalds or Dairy Queen.
Yes, Golden Corral is at least half a step up from McDonalds. There is little to no difference between these restaurants. They'd better have a clear dress code in effect that is posted and enforced in a standard manner.

She looks no different than many I see in Walmart...are people saying she's okay to shop but is somehow too "unhygienic" for a restaurant?

Old 06-05-2019, 08:25 PM

43,666 posts, read 18,696,973 times
No one knows what the complaint was.

All you have is her side of the story and you are all jumping to conclusions.
For all you know her boobs could have fallen out of that "cute shirt" while she was leaning over to grab food from the buffet bar. Maybe, just maybe that was the complaint...

Old 06-05-2019, 08:37 PM

I live in a tourist spot. The beach is 5 minutes from my home. If she were here no one would blink an eye and she could pretty much go into any casual restaurant and see plenty others dressed just like her.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:55 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,395,411 times
Just met a 60+ woman, with breasts flipping around her waist, in the tank top, in COSTCO.
Guess, compared to this gal, young meat wins.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:15 PM

34,353 posts, read 18,736,665 times
I don't think she was kicked out for her outfit being too provocative. Somebody complained and used that excuse. She is obviously comfortable with her self image.

From her Facebook explanation.

Quote:
What really sucks was that was a new shirt. I've never owned a crop top before and I was nervous at first about wearing it but my husband loved the way it looked on me and encouraged me to wear it since I liked it so much. I really felt cute in it and now I never wanna wear that shirt again even though it was the first time I ever wore it and I felt good about my self in it....

Old 06-05-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't think she was kicked out for her outfit being too provocative. Somebody complained and used that excuse. She is obviously comfortable with her self image.

From her Facebook explanation.
But aren't those the words every husband dreads.."Honey, how do I look in this outfit ?"

Old 06-06-2019, 04:34 AM

24,574 posts, read 18,453,549 times
I can see a formal restaurant refusing service but Golden Corral?

Old 06-06-2019, 05:34 AM

20,714 posts, read 16,495,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
Just met a 60+ woman, with breasts flipping around her waist, in the tank top, in COSTCO.
Guess, compared to this gal, young meat wins.

Hmmmmm...how's YOUR meat lookin'? Maybe you oughtta keep your eyes to yourself and you'd feel better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events