Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 11:18 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times

Advertisements

Noon news says one person injured. Some people may face felony charges. Oh and the police say for the parents to grow up.

Anyway, I haven't seen any parents get physical, but nasty mom fights at school can get pretty bad. Lots of backstabbing and texting, some name calling and cursing, and calling in the reinforcements. Lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 11:34 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I wouldn't say it always has. I don't remember anything like this in the 60's and 70's. There's always one a**hat parent, but not like this.

Perhaps more today, but I am sure has happened as long as there has been Little League. But now things go viral in an instant. That is the biggest change.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Disgusting. But I’d be lying if I claimed this didn’t go on when I played sports as a kid 20-25 years ago.

It certainly didn't happen with our kids.

It's another sad example of today's Jerry Springer society.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 AM

253 posts, read 228,779 times
Hope that guy in the white shirt is arrested. Disgusting

Old 06-20-2019, 11:59 AM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Perhaps more today, but I am sure has happened as long as there has been Little League. But now things go viral in an instant. That is the biggest change.
It's really not the biggest change. Sure a stray parent or 2, but this kind of thing was rare. Parents back then backed authority for the most part.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:21 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,540,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Where were you raised, in the ghetto? This NEVER happened, not 20 years ago, not 50 years ago except in places inhabited by junkies and various uneducated slum meat.
Hell when it comes to Baseball it happen x10 more in the Suburbs and upper middle class Neighborhoods here in California. Most of the people in these Neighborhoods tend to think, their kid is an MLB Prospect till he gets to High School and gets cut from the team. Then they want Sue the School

Old 06-20-2019, 12:31 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's really not the biggest change. Sure a stray parent or 2, but this kind of thing was rare. Parents back then backed authority for the most part.

How common is this today? Do you have stats? You assume because there are vital videos of this today and compare that with the limited scope of news before that you can draw comparisons and explain it. Of course you are going find more examples today.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:35 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,357,409 times
Quote:
How common is this today? Do you have stats? You assume because there are vital videos of this today and compare that with the limited scope of news before that you can draw comparisons and explain it. Of course you are going find more examples today.
Exactly. I don't know if it is or isn't more common -- what I do know is that when it happened when I was a youth, no one had recording devices at the ready, and social media did not exist.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:03 PM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
I can see just from living life how differently people interact with each other across all manner of social events, how they interact with neighbors, school personnel, etc, etc. This is not happening in a vacuum. People are shorter fused today vs then. People feel more entitled to question authority today than they did then. People feel angrier and are quicker to fight over trivial things than they used to be. I don't need stats to tell me there was less road rage then, because I was alive and drove back then and I'm alive and drive today, and I can see the difference. Same with this. I don't need stats and I'm not making assumptions, I'm telling you how it was then based on my living through it and interacting with people. Of course there were angry people then too, but it was not like it is today, it just wasn't.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:23 PM

7,329 posts, read 4,121,162 times
Still don't know what the call was about. Something with a player out of batting order?

Why was the umpire not an adult?

It's a crazy world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events