Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 08:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I don't think it was a 'game' at all.

Based on her history with child protective services, probably deliberate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-mom...152931004.html
Only up to 10 years. Some people should not have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 08:10 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So if murder committed is in the context of a supposed "game", then it's not really murder-murder. Suppose mom was playing Russian Roulette with those kids, would she be free now as well, and only facing maybe ten years, because it was just a game?

I would use this as an example of a system, and a country that is toast. If the legal system allows parents to kill their kids so easily, we got nothin.
She should be in prison until menopause.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:21 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
She should be in prison until menopause.
LOL. Since she can't stop reproducing!

Old 06-25-2019, 03:48 PM

745 posts, read 480,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I could sort of imagine a bunch of stupid teenagers doing something like that with other teenagers but a grown woman with her young children?!? It is unfathomable that an adult would ever think that was an appropriate "game".
Age does not necessarily make someone an adult.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:30 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,017,461 times
She needs to get life in prison. Anybody that can kill their OWN kids, is scum of the highest order and don't deserve to live.

I can NEVER understand a parent that can kill their own kid, baring MAYBE if your kid is trying to kill you for no reason (or inheritance). Even then, that would be hard to live with, both from the fact you just killed your own kid, and the fact that they grew up to be evil enough to actually try to kill their own parent...

Old 06-25-2019, 07:50 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
dumbest mom of the year award. poor innocent child to die in a horrible way. There's much more safer way to play "chicken"

Old 06-27-2019, 04:35 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,278,514 times
If a man did it, it would flat out be murder. A woman did it, and it's considered a "game". Jesus C*****.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I don't know why people keep thinking she was playing "chicken".

She at first stated she backed over the children because she didn't see them.

When the video came out that proved that was a lie, she changed her story to say she was playing "chicken", so she'd just look completely foolish rather than evil.

IMHO, she tried to kill all 3, and by sheer luck was only able to kill one.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:21 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know why people keep thinking she was playing "chicken".

She at first stated she backed over the children because she didn't see them.

When the video came out that proved that was a lie, she changed her story to say she was playing "chicken", so she'd just look completely foolish rather than evil.

IMHO, she tried to kill all 3, and by sheer luck was only able to kill one.
I think the problem is that the police issued a statement in response to her obviously false "chicken" story and now it's part of the narrative, front and center. They've validated it by responding to it.

"You should be playing Peek-A-Boo with a 3-year-old instead of forcing him to try and dodge a 5,600 pound deadly weapon," said Sean Teare, chief of the Vehicular Crimes Division.

Then the D.A. chimed in:

"Every parent has an obligation to protect their children, even from themselves," Ogg said. "Cars aren't toys and playing chicken with your kids isn't a game."

It would have been far better to simply state, "We believe her actions were deliberate, not accidental and not part of any `game'." These people need remedial lessons in communication.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I think the problem is that the police issued a statement in response to her obviously false "chicken" story and now it's part of the narrative, front and center. They've validated it by responding to it.

"You should be playing Peek-A-Boo with a 3-year-old instead of forcing him to try and dodge a 5,600 pound deadly weapon," said Sean Teare, chief of the Vehicular Crimes Division.

Then the D.A. chimed in:

"Every parent has an obligation to protect their children, even from themselves," Ogg said. "Cars aren't toys and playing chicken with your kids isn't a game."

It would have been far better to simply state, "We believe her actions were deliberate, not accidental and not part of any `game'." These people need remedial lessons in communication.
Totally agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events