Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 09:52 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,629,749 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard what her status is today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 10:10 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Of course, of course....but still not a reason to wish for the child's death. See the context of the post I was responding to.
Gotcha. I can see the poster's point, though, too, harsh as it may be. With a mom still living a party lifestyle, and clearly hanging out with a crowd that has some bad elements in it, the child's future looks worrisome. Neglect could be part of the child's life script. One wouldn't wish that on anyone. Let's hope the incident was a wake-up call for the mom.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:12 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,898,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Lock this animal up.
No, take him out and kill him.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:29 AM

2,126 posts, read 1,790,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Gotcha. I can see the poster's point, though, too, harsh as it may be. With a mom still living a party lifestyle, and clearly hanging out with a crowd that has some bad elements in it, the child's future looks worrisome. Neglect could be part of the child's life script. One wouldn't wish that on anyone. Let's hope the incident was a wake-up call for the mom.
I don't think it is fair to assume that the mother is living a party lifestyle. Considering that she brought her child, it is quite possible that it was a just a neighborhood cookout type party where there were likely other families there. She was there for hours before he arrived and she also can't control who else attended. Since he had met the man previously, it is quite possible that he could have been stalking her.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:01 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I don't think it is fair to assume that the mother is living a party lifestyle. Considering that she brought her child, it is quite possible that it was a just a neighborhood cookout type party where there were likely other families there. She was there for hours before he arrived and she also can't control who else attended. Since he had met the man previously, it is quite possible that he could have been stalking her.
Did you see the part, where she stayed until 4 a.m.? Doesn't sound like the average neighborhood cookout to me. If it was, she shouldn't have kept the baby up so long. Who stays at a party past midnight, or even 10 p.m. with a baby? She would have stayed longer, if she hadn't been repeatedly harassed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.fc24f8fe18ad
Quote:
After collecting Fayth from inside the house, Menagh left the party with a male friend. By then, it was nearly 4 a.m. on Sunday

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-27-2019 at 12:10 PM..

Old 06-27-2019, 12:05 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
This is an extreme case. Most men don't give a crap.
This is an extreme case, but guys yelling at you, menacing, glaring, insulting you, pushing themselves up on you is super common.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:34 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,349,573 times
Quote:
Did you see the part, where she stayed until 4 a.m.? Doesn't sound like the average neighborhood cookout to me. If it was, she shouldn't have kept the baby up so long. Who stays at a party past midnight, or even 10 p.m. with a baby? She would have stayed longer, if she hadn't been repeatedly harassed.
I agree. What kind of family party goes on until 4:00 a.m., and what kind of mother would stay until that time with a baby? Of course, she is only 18 and might not know any better -- although this tragedy could be used as one more case against teenage mothers in many, if not most, cases.

Yes, I know that I am guilty of being judgmental (and maybe I shouldn't be in this case), but in my opinion, there is just no excuse for staying at a party until 4 a.m. unless it was the kind of family get-together where everyone just sleeps over -- but that certainly does not sound like that was the case here.

But, of course, this does not in any way lessen the fact that the main culprit, by far, was (allegedly) Echartea; and I hope that if he is guilty that he is prosecuted and sentenced to the maximum allowable by law.

Last edited by katharsis; 06-27-2019 at 12:45 PM..

Old 06-27-2019, 05:43 PM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Quote:
Yes this WaPo article gives a few more details. It leaves a lot of unanswered questions, though.

1. Why does everyone have a different last name?
Mom: Deziree Menagh
Baby: Fayth Percy
or is "Fayth Percy" sort of her first and middle names, like "Billy Jo" or "Mary Ann"?

2. Why was the mom holding the child in the passenger seat? That's extremely dangerous, and is against the law. Just imagine if the air bag deploys, that child is dead. Child must be in an approved child seat or baby carrier in the rear seat. Okay, so her friend gave her a ride at the last minute and didn't have a carrier; apparently we can infer from the article that Deziree lived within walking distance of the party, hence did not have a carrier.

3. Why was this guy free? He was out on bond awaiting sentencing on previous violent behavior including brandishing a deadly weapon, bodily harm, and imprisonment. Clearly anger management issues and a sociopathic personality -- how can they let such a person out on bond??? Then, he was wanted for a May 27 shooting, which apparently the police were unable to find him or not highly motivated to find him -- was he in hiding or what???

4. Why did the friend go BACK to the party? This guy Echartea was clearly a bad person. It was 4am. Why didn't they circle around and drop her at home, or maybe take her to the friend's home until the morning to be safe? But to go back to the party where the bad actor was... "smacks head".

5. Where is the child's dad in all this? and the grandparents for that matter? Dang but 18 is awfully young to be a mom these days. Clearly she doesn't have a lot going on in the brains department if she brings her baby to an all night kegger. Unfit mother. I wonder if the child protective services are going to get involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events