Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 10:35 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think everyone here can understand the idea of transmission of germs. The behavior she engaged in is no more dangerous than the examples of things people commonly do, many who have the flu or who knows what, and they just don't care if they're fingering all the apples that someone else will eat and catch flu.

If it turns out that she has HEP C or something else horribly contagious, this will be different.

She won't get 20 years, like some wish she would, thank God it takes all kinds and cooler heads typically prevail.

Had she opened the ice cream carton up and put chemicals or drugs, or poisons, or glass shards, that would be a completely different thing.

What she did wasn't more harmful than interacting with the public, and the intent was to do something very very naughty that she thought funny.

This idea that every questionable, icky behavior rises to the level of a felony is insane.

edited to add: What about people at a soup/salad bar who taste the soup, using the ladle, and place the ladle they just licked right back in the soup? That is same the EXACT behavior, and you see it frequently. They don't shut the soup bar down, don't take the taster away in handcuffs.
Well perhaps they should.
Your attitude is why they do such nonsense, no accountability, no punishment, why not do it.
My friend is a teacher and the some students push the boundaries with a favorite saying, “you can’t touch me or do anything, I’m a minor!”
Why are they so bold? because of people like you. You think you have a cooler head, maybe it’s just a blind attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 12:06 AM

264 posts, read 100,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
She will get arrested, Al Sharpton will blame Blue Bell for not having tamper proof lids, Colin Kapernick will be outraged that this woman was only blamed because she was black, Harvard will admit her because she is underprivileged, City Data will lock the thread!

Actually, there should be tamper proof packaging on all food products.

Just saw a video that appears to show that Ariana Grande licked a donut several years ago.

Young people may oftentimes engage in irresponsible behavior at the urging of their peers or as a member of a group whereby they are "temporarily desensitized" to the rules and would not have performed such behavior if they were not a part of a group or with another person.

Old 07-06-2019, 12:33 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It must be regional because I've never seen the brand here. But you're right. They won't be "going under" for this. No ice cream company, even with a history of listeria/salmonella recalls, has gone under due to that.

A lone licker won't kill off Blue Bell lol.
It’s regional. I took my son on a tour of the Blue Bell Creamery when he was little, and at that time they were the number three best selling ice cream in the country even though they were only sold in 17 states. Of course that was before they shut down the whole operation for a year to clean up after the listeria problem.

I remember when I was a kid it was only sold in Texas. We had some friends who moved here from New Orleans and their dad fell in love with Blue Bell. So much so that when his work took him and his family back to NOLA he would drive to the Texas border at least once a month to stock up on Blue Bell. Seriously, he took coolers and dry ice and drove the ice cream back home so he’d always have a stash. That was nearly a 10 hour round trip drive so it really made an impression on him.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:55 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I'm not defending the actions of this piece of crap but will a virus really survive at 0 degrees? Does anyone really eat the ice cream that's on the lid?

I think kill someone is a bit extreme.
I know it sounds extreme. Lots of folks out there are immunocompromised and if this girl has really been sick (why I asked if that part of the story was real, I don't know) then that truly puts those people at risk.

Old 07-06-2019, 02:15 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Well perhaps they should.
Your attitude is why they do such nonsense, no accountability, no punishment, why not do it.
My friend is a teacher and the some students push the boundaries with a favorite saying, “you can’t touch me or do anything, I’m a minor!”
Why are they so bold? because of people like you. You think you have a cooler head, maybe it’s just a blind attitude.
Same poster claimed porch pirates somehow accidentally (can't help it) steal other people's packages. The salad/soup bar claim from said poster is stupid. People with compromised immune systems avoid them like the plague. No salad/soup bars, no Golden Corral... . But it should safely be assumed one can grab some Bluebell out of the freezer without having to wonder if some nitwit had opened it and licked it. Or it used to be assumed. Now I'll always wonder because where there's one nitwit there are a dozen who will follow and think it's funny.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:14 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Can you imagine how much this has cost blue bell so far and for the rest of the year?

Standing at the cooler, are you going to buy blue bell or another brand? How many people didn't buy any ice cream this week? You can bet Blue Bell is having a "tylenol freakout" over this.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:23 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Can you imagine how much this has cost blue bell so far and for the rest of the year?

Standing at the cooler, are you going to buy blue bell or another brand? How many people didn't buy any ice cream this week? You can bet Blue Bell is having a "tylenol freakout" over this.
Actually after reading this thread yesterday I got a craving for ice cream. So I went to Baskin Robbins up the street yesterday and got a scoop, something I have never done since they built that store. I'm dead serious.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:30 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Same poster claimed porch pirates somehow accidentally (can't help it) steal other people's packages. The salad/soup bar claim from said poster is stupid. People with compromised immune systems avoid them like the plague. No salad/soup bars, no Golden Corral... . But it should safely be assumed one can grab some Bluebell out of the freezer without having to wonder if some nitwit had opened it and licked it. Or it used to be assumed. Now I'll always wonder because where there's one nitwit there are a dozen who will follow and think it's funny.
If you're talking about me, NO, I didn't say porch pirates accidentally steal packages.

If we're going to have a meaningful conversation here, it's important not to outright fabricate.

I stand by my statement. Drinking soup from a ladle at a salad bar is NOT more dangerous than licking ice cream in the grocery store and putting the container back.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:

I continue to buy Blue Bell. It's not like they caused this to happen through unclean practices, say, like a listeria outbreak that they covered up and then recurred because they were unable to find the source, or you know, something like that.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:55 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:

I would continue to buy Blue Bell. The company addressed the severity of this immediately. I would put a plastic cover over the ice cream, as some other brands do. I saw a video of people tampering with all kinds of foods and you will see copy-cats who want attention, posting these to their FB page. Knowing this, all brands should protect their products (safety tampering) and anticipate that copy cat clowns will do this in spite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events