Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 12:02 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So where are we on this? They only said she was identified, why hasn't she been arrested and her identity revealed?
She is a minor. Her case has been handed to Juvenile Dept of Texas

https://www.insideedition.com/police...-it-back-54226
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 12:12 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
Have you seen this jerk who swigged mouthwash at Walmart?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...XCHHSF3zCBCmj0

Old 07-07-2019, 12:26 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Have you seen this jerk who swigged mouthwash at Walmart?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...XCHHSF3zCBCmj0
LOL. Social media will push humanity back 100 years.

The human in that article i believed purchased the item. It was just shock value following the outrage of the girl in the OP.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:58 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Some types of contamination are not very evident, except to the person who witnessed it.
Today, while waiting my turn to add half & half to my coffee at Starbucks, one of the people in front of me was a man, accompanied by a young child. The child was clearly able to walk and to stand on the floor, but her jerk-o father chose to allow her to stand on the milk/half & half/sugar bar, where people normally rest the lid of their coffee while adding their preferred lighteners and sweeteners.

A few seconds after jerk-o daddy and daughter left, one of the employees arrived with a rag to wipe up spilled milk, and I informed her that she needed to sanitize that surface, rather than just wiping it with a rag. She looked confused, so I explained the situation to her, and she continued to look confused. It was only when I said, "putting one's coffee lid on that surface and then putting it back on a cup is more or less equivalent to licking the sidewalk", that she seemed to comprehend the nature of the situation. However, when I left about 15 minutes later, that area had still not been sanitized.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:00 PM

447 posts, read 208,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
She is a minor. Her case has been handed to Juvenile Dept of Texas

https://www.insideedition.com/police...-it-back-54226
If she ends up in Juvie, she'll be licking something else.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:03 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Can you imagine how much this has cost blue bell so far and for the rest of the year?

Standing at the cooler, are you going to buy blue bell or another brand? How many people didn't buy any ice cream this week? You can bet Blue Bell is having a "tylenol freakout" over this.
I would buy BlueBell, as long as it is on sale. I don't buy ice cream much, but BlueBell is awesome. I actually have a pint in the freezer right now.

Why on earth would I let the behavior of that azzhole affect my purchasing decisions?

Last edited by ChessieMom; 07-07-2019 at 05:25 PM..

Old 07-07-2019, 05:13 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I would buy BlueBell, as long as it is on sale. I don't buy ice cream much, but BlueBell is awesome. I actually have pint in the freezer right now.

Why on earth would I let the behavior of that azzhole affect my purchasing decisions?
I get your perspective but that isn't how perception/purchase decisions go with the public when a product has a bad story associated with it.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:14 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Can you imagine how much this has cost blue bell so far and for the rest of the year?

Standing at the cooler, are you going to buy blue bell or another brand? How many people didn't buy any ice cream this week? You can bet Blue Bell is having a "tylenol freakout" over this.
It did influence my buying. I bought Breyers instead of my normal brand because Breyers has a plastic seal around the cover.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:27 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
I get your perspective but that isn't how perception/purchase decisions go with the public when a product has a bad story associated with it.
In this case the story is the behavior of the azzhole. Folks that love the ice cream would not be affected buy her stupidity, I don't believe.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:30 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
What she did was disgusting and glad she was caught. But it's so disappointing that people believe that allows them the right to make racist statements. If you don't believe white people also do disgusting things you would be mistaken.
It's more than disappointing; it's as disgusting as the act of the ice cream licker. And one could argue that it's worse because the ice cream licker will be punished for her crime and most likely won't commit it again; the racist posters in this thread will just keep on spreading their hate with their despicable comments in thread after thread here and most likely in RL as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events