Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 06:39 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times

Advertisements

My brother did that when we were kids so no one else would eat the stuff he liked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 06:49 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What a savage freak. The ice cream maker isn't getting a pass on this either as it should have a plastic cover over the ice cream and under the lid like many others do. I'm always skeptical about buying things without such a seal where its not that easy to tell if its been tampered with.

It IS easy to tell if this ice cream has been tampered with. Blue Bell has been informing people ad nauseum, in response to this incident, that they pack their newly-churned ice cream, and stack it upside-down so that it freezes to the lid.

That makes tampering apparent. That doesnt, however, make it near-impossible for miscreants to do in a store setting, and that's what you can be certain they'll be working on. I bet a seal will be forthcoming.

That said, there's only ONE culprit here, so don't shift the blame onto on an ice cream company which had not one case of tampering until this idiot came along.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:08 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
At first I felt badly for Blue Bell. But their packaging methods obviously are not the same as a plastic seal that would make this pretty easy to detect.

The lid frozen to the ice cream is not sufficient for preventing this. The lid was easily opened and clearly not sufficient to let other shoppers know the product was opened and tampered with. Nobody would buy it if the plastic was broken, with the Blue Bell method it's pretty close to impossible to detect that it has been opened or not.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:43 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Free ice cream is a human right.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:11 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Free ice cream is a human right.
Hey, Retroit is back!

Old 07-05-2019, 08:19 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
What she did was disgusting and glad she was caught.
When was she caught?? I have seen nothing about that in the news.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:32 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
[/b]

It IS easy to tell if this ice cream has been tampered with. Blue Bell has been informing people ad nauseum, in response to this incident, that they pack their newly-churned ice cream, and stack it upside-down so that it freezes to the lid.

That makes tampering apparent. That doesnt, however, make it near-impossible for miscreants to do in a store setting, and that's what you can be certain they'll be working on. I bet a seal will be forthcoming.

That said, there's only ONE culprit here, so don't shift the blame onto on an ice cream company which had not one case of tampering until this idiot came along.
Oh that's the excuse given by Blue Bell. But it's actually not very apparent to the average person, especially if you dont know what you're looking for. Trust, I've eaten and bought similarly packaged products. That statement was nothing more than a PR stunt by BB to help stem any backlash against it.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:37 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
At first I felt badly for Blue Bell. But their packaging methods obviously are not the same as a plastic seal that would make this pretty easy to detect.

The lid frozen to the ice cream is not sufficient for preventing this. The lid was easily opened and clearly not sufficient to let other shoppers know the product was opened and tampered with. Nobody would buy it if the plastic was broken, with the Blue Bell method it's pretty close to impossible to detect that it has been opened or not.
Agreed. And the statement given by BB about it being easy to tell if its ice cream has been tampered with might make for good PR, but it's pure BS! But let's say for argument's sake that it was easy to tell if the ice cream had been tempered with as BB says: most people at the store are just grabbing and going. Not checking to see if there is slight separation as they didn't think they had any reason to do so due to a misplaced trust in mankind . In the time that it takes to get that ice cream from store to home freezer, there is going to be some natural separation, which throws BB's statement out the window. It is not easy to tell tamper with these products, thus making the need for better food security in packaging all the more important.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:38 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Blue Bell will have seals on their ice cream soon enough if they want to not go under.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:47 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
My brother did that when we were kids so no one else would eat the stuff he liked.
That is similar to how I started drinking Dr Pepper..........Nobody else in my family liked it! Put a coke in there and it was gone by lunch, nobody owned up to drinking it. Dr Pepper was always left alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events