Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 07:49 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,948,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
The road ragers need to have their license suspended for life and their vehicles and firearms confiscated due to being severely mentally imbalanced.
If it is indefinite, that wouldn't be a suspension, their license would be revoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 08:14 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Road rage is getting out of control.

People are dying, not too long ago in one incident one woman stabbed another woman in the throat over some traffic argument and the woman died. Everyday something is happening.
I strongly believe that road rage takes 2 people to escalate it. Very rare for a one sided road rage to turn deadly. Cut off, then a middle finger, then a brake check, then show a gun, then show the other gun......

Old 07-07-2019, 08:49 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Thank goodness for the young heroes.

But (1) why did the two idiots have guns?

(2) why would a truck be loaded with fireworks?

In the state next to mine, an idiot stabbed someone July 4th in road rage at the beach. Bad enough, this crazy road rage.
BUT we don't have guns, thank goodness, or it would have been a lot worse. And fireworks were taken out of private hands back around 1954 due to so many accidents, especially around kids. Some laws are actually there for a reason.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:23 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I watched the video and couldn't see anyone in the car. It was dark outside, fireworks were exploding, and then it was engulfed in flames. Obviously someone was driving, but why assume that there were children in it?
You must not have watched very far, because there were two children in car seats and it was talked about by the newscast and by the three men who pulled over to help. The children were life flighted to Galveston for treatment of their burns.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Yet another reason that a boatload of fireworks don't belong around children.
The fuel line was shot causing a fire that then ignited the fireworks in the vehicle. How many people think that will happen when they go to a fireworks stand to buy fireworks for the 4th of July? It’s not the fireworks that are the problem. It’s the two idiots who shot at a vehicle because they were mad about being cut off.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Thank goodness for the young heroes.

But (1) why did the two idiots have guns?

(2) why would a truck be loaded with fireworks?

In the state next to mine, an idiot stabbed someone July 4th in road rage at the beach. Bad enough, this crazy road rage.
BUT we don't have guns, thank goodness, or it would have been a lot worse. And fireworks were taken out of private hands back around 1954 due to so many accidents, especially around kids. Some laws are actually there for a reason.
It wasn’t “loaded with fireworks.” They bought a few fireworks to go home and shoot them off to celebrate the 4th of July. We are not under a burn ban this year so fireworks are legal to buy and shoot off in areas that allow it (mostly the unincorporated parts of Harris County, but illegal in the City of Houston). I live in an unincorporated part of the county and fireworks stands are allowed to operate from June 24 through July 4, and December 20 through January 1 (covers 4th of July and New Year’s Eve). During those time periods firework stands are all over the place.

But most people don’t get their fuel line shot at in their car by a road rager that causes a fire that ignites the fireworks. I’ve never seen that happen until this incident.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:29 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,501,758 times
Funny how there are few comments about the actual shooting.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
That might be my fault with the way I worded the OP. I made it about the three guys who stopped to help because I felt they should get some recognition for their heroism. Then I mentioned their comment about others not stopping or filming the incident. I do not think that should be illegal, but I wanted to show that without these three pulling over to help, the people in the truck could have received more serious injuries or there could have been fatalities.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:37 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
why? It was just a patriot exercising their 2nd Amendment rights

Old 07-07-2019, 02:53 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,705,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Honestly , people who just stop and film a tragedy instead of helping should have to pay a huge fine.
First, no one should ever have to provide any assistance. Should people do so? Yes, in most situations - depending on the risk they might incur to themselves. But just because someone should do something, it does not necessarily follow that is must be a crime for them not to do that thing.

Second, the act of filming is documentation. There should never, never, never be a law against documenting what is happening. That runs completely afoul of the First Amendment, and federal courts have consistently ruled that short of interfering with, for example, law enforcement or emergency services (actually interfering - not just photographing or filming), citizens have every right to photograph and/or film that which is plainly visible in public spaces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events