Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 05:54 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

https://abc13.com/3-men-rescue-famil...oting/5380597/

This is crazy! Two guys shot at a truck that supposedly cut them off and hit fireworks, causing it to catch fire and severely burn the passengers including two toddlers in the back seat. Thankfully three young men saw it and stopped to help. Otherwise I don’t know if the people in the truck could have got out in time. The guys said so many people just kept going or were too busy filming to stop and help.

People, stop that! Help like these guys did! I want them to get some recognition for what they did because they deserve it, but also to inspire others to stop and help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 06:02 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,003 times
Thank God for the 3 heroes in the situation. I am sure the family will be ever grateful and remain friends for life. Hopefully, the suspects will be quickly caught and get what is coming to them.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Wow. Dramatic. Hopefully, against all odds, the people will survive and recover. That takes some kind of bravery to reach into those flames to rescue the little ones.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:20 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Honestly , people who just stop and film a tragedy instead of helping should have to pay a huge fine.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:50 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Honestly , people who just stop and film a tragedy instead of helping should have to pay a huge fine.
I’m not sure how that’s going to be enforceable, but I agree people should stop and render aid.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Citizens are not forced to stop and render aid to strangers, in situations where they didn't cause the harm, tottsieanna.

WHEN will we stop it with this desire to charge people with fines and crimes for crimes that are not actually on the books?

And a follow up question - would you have rushed into that burning inferno to rescue those babies? Guess not.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:40 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Road rage is getting out of control.

People are dying, not too long ago in one incident one woman stabbed another woman in the throat over some traffic argument and the woman died. Everyday something is happening.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:29 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Citizens are not forced to stop and render aid to strangers, in situations where they didn't cause the harm, tottsieanna.

WHEN will we stop it with this desire to charge people with fines and crimes for crimes that are not actually on the books?

And a follow up question - would you have rushed into that burning inferno to rescue those babies? Guess not.
Those young men did, and I certainly wouldn't be filming a tragedy and yes I would try and get those kids out.

I know one is not required to render aide, just don't be a jerk and film a horrible accident.
My daughter had stopped at a accident where a drunk driver hit a car head on and my daughter stop and assistEd a elderly couple in a accident even though the car was smoking.

Last edited by tottsieanna; 07-05-2019 at 09:33 PM..

Old 07-05-2019, 08:43 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
Those three young men have my utmost respect.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:49 PM

758 posts, read 551,024 times
Quote:
This law would be easily enforceable. If people film, at least one person is going to try to get paid by a news service, or will post it online so their friends can see. Once they do either, its easy to find them. And, in their video, you may find other people taking video.

However . . . do we really want to reduce the number of people taking videos? It is possible that someone caught the perpetrators on their video. If the perpetrators are identified, they will face criminal charges and civil litigation, the latter potentially paying the victims hospital bills forever. Thus, I ask: Do we really want to discourage people from recording what happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events