Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 03:14 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If he didn't realize he was putting her at an open window, who's to say he would have noticed any signs?
You took it out of my mouth!

Then of course, the lawsuit would be- “The font is not big enough”, “It was not in my native language of a mountain tribe of...”

Old 02-28-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I can’t believe this thread has gone 195 pages, and you guys are still arguing about the same things you were arguing about on page 5.
Some of us were late to the discussion?...

I think generally, a lot of common sense people just can’t wrap their heads why this child is dead and upset that parents do not take full responsibility that partially it could be there fault to entrust such a young child to a babysitter on the enormous ship - with a false sense of safety- a lot of things can go wrong in such a large multistory mechanical place full of strangers, equipment, elevators, pools, etc, etc and ... open windows

Old 02-28-2020, 03:28 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,880,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Occam’s razor
She was not sitting/standing on the safety railing- it could have been clearly seen on a video camera as the railing is well inside the ship and away from the window
The reason he lifted her- is to put her standing on the window sill.
The feet size of 18 month old- ? would be slightly larger? than windowsill- clearly proving he must have known the absence of glass

In addition, there could have been a breeze from the window- there was a reason he picked up that window to look out and he did looked out first.
I would take the jury to that particular ship with the doll of the exact child’s size and weight and ask him to demonstrate at the open window- where she was and
1) why did he lift her over the rail...
2) is his contention that he did not hold her strongly enough because of the fantasy glass?

He has no way out of this -his story is so implausible and his family is in denial: so much easier to blame a large corporation vs recognizing the parents careless attitudes in entrusting an unrelated adult ( whose judgement is so obviously lacking- there got to be other examples of his attitudes before that..?)
There was definitely a breeze to be felt through that window. Many pages ago I noted the San Juan weather record for the day and time period of the fall.
It's a marine environment 150 feet above the dock, there is an almost constant breeze and there was definitely one at that time.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
There was definitely a breeze to be felt through that window. Many pages ago I noted the San Juan weather record for the day and time period of the fall.
It's a marine environment 150 feet above the dock, there is an almost constant breeze and there was definitely one at that time.
Thank you. Now they just need witnesses telling that they felt the breeze through the window?

As was pointed out - Dane in LA? the parents allege that lack of care and negligence- how RCL could be found at fault? Do you have to sign the quoted here “ rules and regulations “?
Does RCL have a contract signed by the parents?

What would be the exact accusation by lawyers of the parents? How could the cruise line “ safeguard” everyone?
You are on a huge pile of metal shlepping in the open seas?
The whole industry have to be shut down to ensure safety ..

Old 02-28-2020, 05:07 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,880,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Thank you. Now they just need witnesses telling that they felt the breeze through the window?

As was pointed out - Dane in LA? the parents allege that lack of care and negligence- how RCL could be found at fault? Do you have to sign the quoted here “ rules and regulations “?
Does RCL have a contract signed by the parents?

What would be the exact accusation by lawyers of the parents? How could the cruise line “ safeguard” everyone?
You are on a huge pile of metal shlepping in the open seas?
The whole industry have to be shut down to ensure safety ..
There is documented record, from my earlier 12/6 post #996-"...but when sitting 150 ft above the dock in a San Juan, PR marine weather environment you're are going to feel the breeze.

There is a constant steady wind in SJ during the summer months. Easy to check too, go here for July 2019 SJ weather history- https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/...th=7&year=2019"

Old 02-28-2020, 06:59 PM

7,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times
I wish it was possible for the cruise line to sue the old guy for tarnishing their reputation. He is a step GF and not blood which makes it weirder that they are protecting him. I would be furious even if it was my own father.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:02 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I wish it was possible for the cruise line to sue the old guy for tarnishing their reputation. He is a step GF and not blood which makes it weirder that they are protecting him. I would be furious even if it was my own father.
And that none of the other adult family members were anywhere around to help "babysit".

There were three other blood grandparents and two parents. Wouldn't one of them want to be around their granddaughter?

Old 02-28-2020, 08:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,624 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
And that none of the other adult family members were anywhere around to help "babysit".

There were three other blood grandparents and two parents. Wouldn't one of them want to be around their granddaughter?
They're chatting, hanging out and they witness that grandpa is attentively following her around the deck.

ALL of them were on the deck, and if you watch the video, they were within a 15 second walk that a toddler could take. They were right there.

Do you picture a horde of family members following a toddler around, instead of the adults glancing up, and seeing grandpa's "got this"? Grandpa is following this little one, about 15 seconds, and then the unthinkable happens.

Honestly, what is expected of other family members, who are all just now boarding the ship, excited to travel, excited to be together, keeping an eye on the little one, is extreme.

Do you think this toddler would be followed by a horde of adults, who have no interest at all in conversing with each other, just all of them interested in running after this baby?

Last edited by ClaraC; 02-28-2020 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-29-2020, 04:08 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I can’t believe this thread has gone 195 pages, and you guys are still arguing about the same things you were arguing about on page 5.
If you sort 40 replies per page, there are 49 pages with 1959 replies. Much easier to follow a larger thread with 40 posts per page

Old 02-29-2020, 07:07 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
There is documented record, from my earlier 12/6 post #996-"...but when sitting 150 ft above the dock in a San Juan, PR marine weather environment you're are going to feel the breeze.

There is a constant steady wind in SJ during the summer months. Easy to check too, go here for July 2019 SJ weather history- https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/...th=7&year=2019"
But which direction was the wind from? Was it from the opposite direction? Was the ship docked next to another ship that might have blocked the wind?

I was on a cruise last month and one of our ports was Puerto Rico. The Norwegian ship I was on, the Encore, was docked next to Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. The Norwegian Encore is a brand new ship and was much bigger and much taller than the Royal Caribbean ship it was docked next to. I wondered when I was there if Chloe’s ship had been docked in the same spot as the Royal Caribbean ship next to us and if the dock I walked on was the one where Chloe fell to her death.

I could see a larger ship blocking any breeze there might have been from that direction so I don’t know if you can say the grandfather had to feel a breeze.

Last edited by luzianne; 02-29-2020 at 07:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events