Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2020, 01:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not on the 11th deck. And not on a balcony deck either. Only certain areas have windows that open, and yes there is always a noticeable air movement.

The pics were from live video. You can spend your time googling if you want. I already saw what I needed to see.
You can talk all day about how YOU always know if a window is open and YOU always feel air movement and YOU would have known that a window was open. That's completely irrelevant. I was on a balcony deck for seven days in January and there was not always a breeze when we were docked. You weren't there that day and you don't know what the grandfather felt or saw whether he knew the window was open or not. Either way, the result is the same - the baby is dead.

I don't think the family should be suing the cruise line. But I think it's ridiculous to say you know what the grandfather experienced. You don't.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You can talk all day about how YOU always know if a window is open and YOU always feel air movement and YOU would have known that a window was open. That's completely irrelevant. I was on a balcony deck for seven days in January and there was not always a breeze when we were docked. You weren't there that day and you don't know what the grandfather felt or saw whether he knew the window was open or not. Either way, the result is the same - the baby is dead.

I don't think the family should be suing the cruise line. But I think it's ridiculous to say you know what the grandfather experienced. You don't.
We don't know what the grandfather experienced, but people are sharing their own experiences, not to say this is what the grandfather felt or sensed, but to point out how completely oblivious he was. Shockingly oblivious. The windows were tinted, so he says he is color blind and cannot tell the difference. And others are pointing out that when you stand in front of an open window, you feel a breeze, or you can smell things, or something.

I don't know what the grandfather experienced, but he lifted that child outward, over a safety railing, outward over 18 inches. If he had placed her on the safety railing and she'd fallen, she would have fallen inside the ship. She might have been bruised or cut, but she would have fallen inside the ship. If the safety railing is eighteen inches from the window, he held her far out past the safety railing. He held her there long enough to realize that she wasn't banging on any window. We don't know what the grandfather experienced, but we can certainly wonder, what was he thinking???

Last edited by DC at the Ridge; 03-02-2020 at 03:11 PM..

Old 03-02-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We don't know what the grandfather experienced, but people are sharing their own experiences, not to say this is what the grandfather felt or sensed, but to point out how completely oblivious he was. Shockingly oblivious. The windows were tinted, so he says he is color blind and cannot tell the difference. And others are pointing out that when you stand in front of an open window, you feel a breeze, or you can smell things, or something.

I don't know what the grandfather experienced, but he lifted that child outward, over a safety railing, outward over 18 inches. If he had placed her on the safety railing and she'd fallen, she would have fallen inside the ship. She might have been bruised or cut, but she would have fallen inside the ship. If the safety railing is eighteen inches from the window, he held her far out past the safety railing. He held her there long enough to realize that she wasn't banging on any window. We don't know what the grandfather experienced, but we can certainly wonder, what was he thinking???
He may not have held her out 18 inches. If he had her at the railing and she leaned forward to bang on the window that he/she thought was there, she could have tumbled forward and out the window. We just don't know. I couldn't tell anything from the video that was released. Maybe there is another video that shows what happened more clearly.

I did see one picture where it said that window was open and just looking at it, the window didn't look open to me. But it was a nighttime picture, not daytime, and I'm sure that makes a huge difference.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:17 PM

185 posts, read 134,150 times
Quote:
He may not have held her out 18 inches. If he had her at the railing and she leaned forward to bang on the window that he/she thought was there, she could have tumbled forward and out the window. We just don't know. I couldn't tell anything from the video that was released. Maybe there is another video that shows what happened more clearly.

I did see one picture where it said that window was open and just looking at it, the window didn't look open to me. But it was a nighttime picture, not daytime, and I'm sure that makes a huge difference.
There is too much space between the railing and the window for me to believe he just sat her on the railing. She would have fallen to the ground inside the ship if he had; there is no way Chloe would have been able to lean forward and tumble out the window. At night there is a difference, but I was still able to discern which windows were open standing on that deck. I was not standing directly in front of them either. In the daytime it is extremely obvious. I believe several videos and photos were posted earlier in this thread showing what it looks like during the day. As I said before after being on that ship I do not see how Anello did not know unless he was impaired.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:29 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:

If the grandfather did not know the window was open, then he has a mental deficiency.

Obviously I cannot know what the grandfather knew. But I said it before and I will say it again. No REASONABLE person would not recognize an open window on the 11th deck of the ship.

And frankly it doesn’t matter. He pleaded guilty. Why are you arguing this absurd point? Such a waste of energy.

Old 03-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
If the grandfather did not know the window was open, then he has a mental deficiency.

Obviously I cannot know what the grandfather knew. But I said it before and I will say it again. No REASONABLE person would not recognize an open window on the 11th deck of the ship.

And frankly it doesn’t matter. He pleaded guilty. Why are you arguing this absurd point? Such a waste of energy.
Said the pot to the kettle.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:

You are the one who keeps arguing that he had to know the window was open. I'm the one who has said several times it doesn't matter.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasth View Post
There is too much space between the railing and the window for me to believe he just sat her on the railing. She would have fallen to the ground inside the ship if he had; there is no way Chloe would have been able to lean forward and tumble out the window. At night there is a difference, but I was still able to discern which windows were open standing on that deck. I was not standing directly in front of them either. In the daytime it is extremely obvious. I believe several videos and photos were posted earlier in this thread showing what it looks like during the day. As I said before after being on that ship I do not see how Anello did not know unless he was impaired.
Eighteen inches isn't that much space. She could have easily leaned forward and fallen out of a window. If she leaned forward she wouldn't be falling straight to the ground. If she leaned back, yes.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:44 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
You are the one who keeps arguing that he had to know the window was open. I'm the one who has said several times it doesn't matter.
LOL!!!! Over and out sweetie.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:48 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Eighteen inches isn't that much space. She could have easily leaned forward and fallen out of a window. If she leaned forward she wouldn't be falling straight to the ground. If she leaned back, yes.
1. That is not what the video shows. The video shows him leaning over the railing and holding her out the window. Then he dropped her. 2. 18 inches is that much space. At that age her height would be about 29 inches. So even if she had been leaning completely horizontally towards the window and she was dropped, she would have probably smacked her face into the window sill, but the bulk of her body mass would have still been inside the ship, and she would have fallen to the floor. It is physically impossible for a child 18 inches inside a window to fall out of the window. It would defy the law of gravity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events