Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2020, 07:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
She’s 29 inches and the window is 18 inches away. If she falls forward she most definitely could fall through the window. That is exactly the way gravity works. If not leaning forward, then yes. She would fall straight down. If leaning forward her body would pitch forward and out the window.
Why would her body pitch forward one inch two inch three inch four inch five inch six inch seven inch eight inch nine inch ten inch eleven inch twelve inch thirteen inch fourteen inch fifteen inch sixteen inch seventeen inch eighteen inch (the space it took to type all those inches is not even eighteen inches... that's a lot of space). The video doesn't show him perching her on the railing, and if she had been perched on the railing she would not have pitched forward eighteen inches to fall out the window. He held her out, way out, and when she squirmed, he lost his grip. She knew there wasn't a window.

Old 03-03-2020, 02:25 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
She’s 29 inches and the window is 18 inches away. If she falls forward she most definitely could fall through the window. That is exactly the way gravity works. If not leaning forward, then yes. She would fall straight down. If leaning forward her body would pitch forward and out the window.
You clearly can't understand basic physics.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:53 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
You clearly can't understand basic physics.
No need to try to insult me.

I understand falls very well. I work in healthcare and have seen it many times. First law of motion: Objects in motion remain in motion unless acted on by an external force. An objects that is propelled forward would tend to continue in that forward motion until something stops it. Nothing was there to stop her.

If someone starts to fall forward, they will continue to fall FORWARD and in this case it would be through the window. If she is 18 inches away from the window, she is still going to fall forward. Picture in link below - the railing is not very far from the window. Eighteen inches and she is 29 inches tall? Babies are top heavy. It also appears that that particular bank of windows lean outward.

https://headtopics.com/uk/royal-cari...m-this-6839149

This article also states Chloe was ON the railing. https://people.com/crime/chloe-wiega...end-nightmare/

Last edited by luzianne; 03-03-2020 at 04:12 PM..

Old 03-03-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I understand falls very well. I work in healthcare and have seen it many times. No need to try to insult me.
No you don't understand. You can't comprehend that objects can't fall sideways. At least not objects heavier then a feather. The railing was more then adequate to keep anyone of any age from falling overboard, anyone. It was designed by experts who can understand the physics, that you can't. This was not an accident. It was a deliberate reckless act by a crazy old man. He has pleaded guilty to the crime.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
No you don't understand. You can't comprehend that objects can't fall sideways. At least not objects heavier then a feather. The railing was more then adequate to keep anyone of any age from falling overboard, anyone. It was designed by experts who can understand the physics, that you can't. This was not an accident. It was a deliberate reckless act by a crazy old man. He has pleaded guilty to the crime.
She didn't fall sideways. She fell forward. She was on top of the railing. The railing only stops you if you are behind it. She wasn't.

The grandfather did not deliberately drop that child out of the window.

Please stop with the insults before I report you.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
She didn't fall sideways. She fell forward. She was on top of the railing. The railing only stops you if you are behind it. She wasn't.

The grandfather did not deliberately drop that child out of the window.

Please stop with the insults before I report you.
Objects don't fall forward either. They fall downward, unless there is some forward motion involved. Which there was not. You can report me, but that doesn't change the fact that you don't understand the physics of this matter. Again the grandfather has pleaded guilty.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:33 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Objects don't fall forward either. They fall downward, unless there is some forward motion involved. Which there was not. You can report me, but that doesn't change the fact that you don't understand the physics of this matter. Again the grandfather has pleaded guilty.
But there could very well have been some forward motion. Remember, an 18-month-old is not an inanimate object. If her grandpa said, "Let's bang on the window!" she would have excitedly lunged forward to bang, providing quite a bit of forward momentum.

On the other hand, I personally believe she was not on the railing, but on the window sill, at least for the last few seconds.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Of course he has pleaded guilty. Because he pretty much had to. What does that have to do with anything? That doesn't change the facts of what really happened. I don't know how anyone can look at the video and say he held her suspended outside the window. I don't see that at all. If he leaned forward with her, which to me is what it looks like, then yes there is forward motion. His testimony is that he leaned forward with her, holding her with one arm, and he reached forward with the other arm to tap on the window.

I really hope another video comes out that shows more clearly what happened. I do not believe he held her at arm's length out the window.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
But there could very well have been some forward motion. Remember, an 18-month-old is not an inanimate object. If her grandpa said, "Let's bang on the window!" she would have excitedly lunged forward to bang, providing quite a bit of forward momentum.

On the other hand, I personally believe she was not on the railing, but on the window sill, at least for the last few seconds.
Exactly. I think there was forward motion too. If nothing else, just leaning forward to get a better view.

With as many cameras as there were, you would think there's one that shows a better angle where you can see exactly what happened. I don't know if she was on the railing or the window sill or what. But I don't think he held her outside the window.

Old 03-03-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post

Good point, but I'm not sure an 18 month old could even jump forward from the railing to window sill, if someone had told her to. According to this article a two year old should be able to jump forward about 4 inches. At about 30 to 36 months they should develop the skill to jump forward 2 feet. Which would mean that she would have had to be about twice as old to even be able to successfully make that jump to the window sill. I believe it would have been impossible for her to get to the window sill by her own doing. And that is ignoring the video that shows grandpa dropping her out the window.

https://www.fairview.org/fv/groups/i...9262104505.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events