Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2020, 08:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
From that angle, you can't see enough to determine where she was. All you can really see for most of the time is part of his side. The footage doesn't preclude her leaning against him, standing or sitting on the sill, leaning against him or the railing, being entirely held by him--or dangling out the window, for that matter.
I don't need to determine where she was. From the video I can see that she is not leaning against him, not being entirely held by him.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/172879/...ht-was-closed/

Old 03-05-2020, 08:25 AM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't need to determine where she was. From the video I can see that she is not leaning against him, not being entirely held by him.
Where was she then? I have no idea what you think you are seeing. Do you believe she fell out the window right after he lifted her over the rail, and then he stood there for 30 seconds alone?

Old 03-05-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Where was she then? I have no idea what you think you are seeing. Do you believe she fell out the window right after he lifted her over the rail, and then he stood there for 30 seconds alone?
Why would I believe that?

Old 03-05-2020, 09:19 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Look at the railing in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqS_55470Sw starting at 00:54. Looks to me like a child propped up there could easily fall out the window, especially if leaning forward to look out. I'm thinking he probably had her standing on the window ledge, thinking there was glass in front of her. I really do not believe he would have put her over the railing or even on the railing if he knew the window was open.

Also, the railing is wood. It's brown. Someone keeps saying the railing is clearly visible the entire video and I don't see that at all. I don't know if it makes a difference if it's visible, but I'm just saying I don't see it.

Old 03-05-2020, 02:44 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Why would I believe that?
I'm saying I have no idea what your opinion is. You said she wasn't leaning against him, and she wasn't being held by him, and she wasn't on the railing, and now I guess you are saying she didn't fall out immediately. Where was she for those 30 seconds?

Old 03-06-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I'm saying I have no idea what your opinion is. You said she wasn't leaning against him, and she wasn't being held by him, and she wasn't on the railing, and now I guess you are saying she didn't fall out immediately. Where was she for those 30 seconds?
I said she wasn't leaning against him, and that she wasn't perched on the railing. He was holding her, just not against him. She was beyond the railing for those 30 seconds. I watch the video and I see when he first swings her up over, he uses his right hand to brace himself, and about halfway through the video we see again his right rand. My opinion is that he placed her on the windowsill, which he could not have done if the window was closed. That he didn't realize that the window was open seems impossible, but people sometimes don't think rationally, and his actions clearly weren't rational. I think Chloe knew all the time that the window was open, but she trusted her grandfather to keep her safe. A devastating tragedy for the child and her family.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
In the video posted above, the commentator who has seen the defense's video states he holds Chloe in front of him but not through the window.

Don't know what video he's seen, if he's seen a different one then we have, but interesting he would make that statement.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:45 AM

50,762 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In the video posted above, the commentator who has seen the defense's video states he holds Chloe in front of him but not through the window.

Don't know what video he's seen, if he's seen a different one then we have, but interesting he would make that statement.
I’m sure there are many videos and angles that they have which we haven’t seen.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:20 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

That's what I think - she was in front of him but not through the window. I don't understand someone saying she wasn't against him and wasn't on the railing. We can't see that from the video.

Also, in that picture above there is CLEARLY a window ledge that she could have been standing on without being outside the window. The track for the window is beyond that. The grandfather said she went to bang on the window. I think he did think there was a window there. I think he did have her in front of him where she could bang on the window. Except there wasn't a window.

Last edited by luzianne; 03-06-2020 at 09:33 AM..

Old 03-06-2020, 09:22 AM

752 posts, read 459,941 times
Quote:

I think the video is useful because it shows the railing the entire time.
I'm not sure if this was your point but I agree in that the railing is a safety measure/barrier, as railings tend to be wherever they may be located. The fact that he lifted the child over the safety barrier towards the danger that the railing was designed to prevent access to is all that needs to be known.....the rest of it is really insignificant details.

If one was driving heavily intoxicated, it's somewhat silly to argue whether the person not using their turn signal caused the accident. The child is dead because the person lifted her over the safety barrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events